Half Moon by popeye the sailor - Billing Boats - 1:40 scale kit

thanks Keith..........stellar album!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Only 8 to go!

Hey Sjors.....make room at the table :D  :D

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

thanks Augie........I think I have one more..............

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Good job. What do you think about billing boats' kits comparing to others? Especially the manual...

Regards, Paweł

Paweł

Current build: HMS Pandora: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/3409-hms-pandora-by-jastrz%C4%85b-constructo-185/

Finished projects:

Roar Ege 1:25, Billing Boats

Albatros 1:55, Constructo

Santa Maria 1:50, Mantua

Congratulations Commodore.  post-76-0-99331000-1376676906.gif

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

thanks every one!  I made sure that I posted the 2000th post on Augie's build.......here's hoping that he makes it at least to 150  ;)

sure Andy.......but I'm wearing a face mask when I do.........scuba gear perhaps???

Billing's kits aren't too bad as far as kits go........I think that all kits are generic in one way or another.   the instructions leave a lot to be desired,  but I've learned to adapt.  I tend to look at the assembly as a whole, and plan my own system.  although I've only built one other manufacturer's kit,  I see enough on the site here to know that there are short commings with every kit.  if a kit is based on a given period of a ship,  it's a given that there will be problems,  due to the builder wanting to portray the ship at an earlier......or even later time in it's service.   the economy of the kit as opposed to production.......they have to gett'em on the shelf as quick as possible.  also in turn,  there is always something in the kit,  that the builder isn't satisfied with.  so,  there is a degree of bash involved.....and this distincts it from the true  'out of the box'  build.   so,  it depends on the builder.......heck,  I still figure myself to be quite a novice,  compared to others on the site here.   I like the  'advanced beginner'  kits...and to me,  an expert would find just as much enjoyment from them......more functional look.......cleaner construction...and sharper lines.  most kit supply basswood strip stock,  and I'm sure that the plywood panel billets are all of common stock.......I think it's the production and method of laser cutting that makes the difference.

so Pawel.......what we are buying,  is only the basis for a great looking build......it's our imagination and creativity as builders,  that's going to turn that box of trinkets and sticks,  into something so much more than that.  ;)    I run for mayor next week........:)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS, MY FELLOW COMMODORE!  Well deserved.  :cheers:

We'll have a big bash when Sjors gets off the couch.

Now let's see -----  who's next ??????????

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Andy's next....  :D

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

that's what I thought too Andy.......but you'll be here before you know it  ;)

thank you Sherry and John.......here's to hoping that the fleet doesn't get any bigger.......I seen a few that I like,  and I'm starting to get that twitching again  {must concentrate on the Goth)

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Just have to keep finding silly excuses to post needless inane babble to keep everyone amused and fully cognizant of my continued existence for no other purpose than to fill a subverted subconscious need to broadcast the minutia of an otherwise unremarkable existence....

:huh::blink::wacko:

Or maybe not.... I dunno.... :P

:D

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Just have to keep finding silly excuses to post needless inane babble to keep everyone amused and fully cognizant of my continued existence for no other purpose than to fill a subverted subconscious need to broadcast the minutia of an otherwise unremarkable existence....

:huh::blink::wacko:

Or maybe not.... I dunno.... :P

:D

Uh... post-76-0-33112700-1376704005.gif  Hmm... I gotta' get a translation of that....post-76-0-63412000-1376704005.gif

But I have to admit that was bafflegab at its finest.  You are to be commended for not taking that gift into politics. post-76-0-00535300-1376704110.gif

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Andy's next....  :D

Yup.  And can you imagine sitting at a table in between Sjors and him?  Ah, the responsibility of rank !!

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

I think I better get some more work done on the Half Moon :huh:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Seems I'm late to the party again Popeye, hearty congratulations on your promotion mate.

Half Moon looking real good, nice job on the planking, that's more likely to be your worst battle on this ship.

Looking forward to more progress my friend.

Don't forget a picture for Sjors. :D  :D

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

You are to be commended for not taking that gift into politics. attachicon.gifclapping.gif

Thank you.... I hate public speaking..... so the world can breath a collective sigh of relief that I shall never even consider public office as a career choice.... ;)

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Popeye,

Also from me congratulations on your promotion to Commodore !

A warm welcome at our table.

One moment, my nurse give me a glass of antibiotics…...

Keep your hands of that glass Popeye, It's mine !

You have that glass with that bubble stuff in it…….

The table is finished with a beautiful carving in it.

I have gave the order to make the table a little bit bigger, so there is also place for Andy when he's got his promotion…..

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

you take your medicine.........or I'll help you!  I wants yas ta fell better Ak-k-k-k-k-k-k!

thanks anja.......I absolutely LOVE it!   I'll save it to my folder of popeye stuff.  perhaps it will be my next avatar

thanks Mobbsie and John......I'll try to get some progress done soon.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

it'll be a pleasure....Sjors :)     thanks Edwin!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Make sure that you are  NOT TWITCHIN' when you get back to the rigging on the goth! and congratulations on the promotion.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.