M4A3 Sherman w/ 105 mm Howitzer & 75 mm Long Gun tanks by Jack12477 - 1:35 scale - Tamiya - FINISHED

8 hours ago, Egilman said:

Well I can show mine..

I think I have that same model.  Hasegawa I think made the kit.  The only complaint I have with it is that after 15-20 years the rubber tank treads dry rotted and fell off. Tried to reassemble with glue and staple but they kept rotting, so now it's treadless.

Nice looking model by the way. 

Edited by Jack12477

We had a crew warp the barrels of a 20MM Vulcan Gatling gun in an F-4. Two second burst was the max time per trigger pull per tech orders. These guys got too heavy on that. Don't know how long, but the barrels had some weird twists to them. ;)

Yeah, the rubber treads look good, but they do have a shelf life. May need some aftermarket treads? :unsure:

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

My 20 year old or so Hasegawa (????) tracked vehicle - minus some parts due to age and storage - but it is well weathered in dust :D;)

IMG_8224.JPG.3c50de7b594a8f03e077361a0806f4e7.JPG

IMG_8225.JPG.95d7be49b38bbc3ca11802dbd9ef0309.JPGIMG_8226.JPG.5cf3f4d6eba898cdf1b5638c4ffa2d75.JPG

Edited by Jack12477

4 hours ago, Backer said:

And my shoulder was stiff the next day...

I have absolutely no doubt that your shoulder was stiff the next day.... :-) Been there done that....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

2 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

I think I have that same model.  Hasegawa I think made the kit.

It's an original Nitto....

DCP_2092.JPG.eb3a5daef15e12c1e8f1a3958bc3afa4.JPG

And yeah, those are the rubber band tracks that were used for the motorized version..... Aren't worth the powder to blow them to hell.... 

And thank you for the compliment.... I did a build log about her a while back before I discovered this fora.... I can tell you how to fix it....

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

32 minutes ago, Egilman said:

I did a build log about her a while back before I discovered this fora.... I can tell you how to fix it....

How do you fix it ? Or where can I get new treads. Wish Tamiya would offer theirs as an accessory kit

Would love to look at your build log! 

Edited by Jack12477

4 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

How do you fix it ? Or where can I get new treads. Wish Tamiya would offer theirs as an accessory kif

You need two things the proper aftermarket tracks and the proper drive sprocket to fit the tracks....

Tracks; Two sets of AFV Club AF35046 T91E3 workable track, you need two sets as the kit tracks are for the Tamiya Walker bulldog which has only five road wheels and your M-8 HST has six.

You will also need the Tamiya walker bulldog kit itself for the drive sprocket to fit the tracks.....

Both vehicles used the same suspension/track components, it was designed that way.....

DCP_2123.JPG

us-m41-walker-bulldog-.jpg

Quote:

50 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

Would love to look at your build log! 

Been thinking about reposting it here..... there is some customizations and scratch building I did to it, and the research.... I built it to go along with my Renwal Skysweeper as it was the prime mover for the M-51.....

Quote:

Good luck with that retrofit, Jack. Happy to read there are bits you can use to do the repair. :D

Ken

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

8 hours ago, Egilman said:

It's an original Nitto....

Yea, that box does look familiar now that you posted it.  

7 hours ago, Egilman said:

You will also need the Tamiya walker bulldog kit itself for the drive sprocket to fit the tracks.....

Don't really want to buy another kit just to steal the sprockets, especially not the Walker - not my cup of tea - I have a lot of left over sprockets from other tank kits, even the Sherman has an extra set, any chance any of them will fit?

20 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

any chance any of them will fit?

All you could do is get the tracks, put some links together, and see if a pair will fit.... the Walker and M-8 were the only ones that used the T-91 track as far as I know........

There is also this option....

Armor Track Models..... (ebay)  From what I understand the company is out of business but it does have the sprockets with the track.... I don't know how good they are, the AFV tracks are perfect and much simpler and are the ones I used.....

I've decided to post the build log on the M-8 for those interested here in it's own listing..... since such is acceptable to the PTB's..... It's like anything else, not being a rivet counter, if the sprocket fits the spaces in the track, I would say go for it....

Edited by Egilman

Quote:

32 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

1757447236_ImFineThankYou.jpg.ad2e1633c34dbfe413c58135638d5cb2.jpg

Where did you get my portrait from?

Quote:

The governor of NY state issued an Executive order mandating that we wear a face covering when I leave my house, so I ordered this to wear 

download_20200417_190904.jpg.2e3f49dc0fd4b0d1bd9a31d910ee6838.jpg

2 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

The governor of NY state issued an Executive order mandating that we wear a face covering when I leave my house, so I ordered this to wear 

I have a pair  of shorts like that.😊

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

7 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

I want one also. Looks great 

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

4 hours ago, Backer said:

I want one also. Looks great 

It's what the plague doctors would wear during the black death (plague) 

I was just gonna say that. The beak held herbs and such to mask the odor. :rolleyes:

Ken

On 4/16/2020 at 9:54 PM, Jack12477 said:

And may I ask where your models are, I haven't seen any examples of yours  on this site.

Since it appears to be an important issue, they are all gone.  During the Second Depression, I losr everything, savings, retirement, eventually my house to foreclosure.  Had already sold all of my construction equipment, all of my contracting tools, most of the gun safe contents.  So, when it was time to cram everything into a 8 x 10 x 16 box, a lot of stuff had to be left behind.  To include virtually all my furniture, my drafting table, and the hobby desks, and paint booth.

The consortium who bought my property in the foreclosure sale used a bulldozer and knocked down the house and every tree but one, and slapped up two "Aggieshacks" in it's place.

I spent rather a lot of 2012 and 2013 living in guest rooms and garages.  Then, was lucky to find my present bedsit.  Priorities have been focused on trying to get back to even, and I'm still not there yet.  And this plague has not helped any, as I have a third computer on my one desk (which is a disaster area).

My only intention here is to offer information, to share experience, particularly wher eI have handles the items in question, strode the decks (or been on the beach with Marines attempting to run over me with one each of every vehicle in inventory).

I intend no critique, criticism is all opinion, and usually only represents self-aggrandizement.  I may well be guilty of this, my feet are clay, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.  But, it is not my intent.

.........you'd have to come up with one hell of a good 'pick up' line with the ladies  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Capt'n,

Don't take the "like" as in liking your post.  It's more about an acknowledgement.  Losing everything is a hell to walk through.  Been there myself but not as bad.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

25 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Capt'n,

Don't take the "like" as in liking your post.  It's more about an acknowledgement.  Losing everything is a hell to walk through.  Been there myself but not as bad.  

Amen brother.... life can be hell at times....

Quote:

8 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Capt'n,

Sorry for your losses, Capt. 

I hope to receive the remainder of my supplies by the end of this week so I can finish the display and post the results.  Stay tuned.  In the meantime enjoy some popcorn from Mark's popcorn maker :D

These two bums, Pete and his brother RePete, keep wandering over from the woodcarver's shop next door to see if my shipment has arrived. Guess they expect a bottle of hootch to jump out at them.   ;);):D

IMG_8272.JPG.c09f538a469e3aab298e7992c3687b8d.JPG

You need to watch out who you allow to come in your door these days Jack. After all you never know where they have been!

Interesting looking fellows though.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Then this family of Ozark Mountain Hillbillie Moonshiners drops in from time to time with their jug of white lightning (Lead based). You do NOT want to drink that stuff unless you want to go blind.

IMG_8273.JPG.6574555a4030556d729bd4a658598a01.JPG

My shipment is somewhere in the Midwest near Indianapolis - how it got out there from New Jersey is anyone's guess. 

7 minutes ago, lmagna said:

Interesting looking fellows though.

Thanks Lou.  If you haven't guessed, they are my other hobby.  Woodcarving Caricatures