RFM 1/35 Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf.G-Finished

Javlin

Already started and have to say nice fit thus far but just the beginning.I have another RFM with the complete interior I believe a Tiger I that has way more pieces than this kit and the box is 2/3" deeper/taller however you wish to look at it.The idea is to cut my teeth with the easier of the two kits and see how RFM like to assemble their stuff together.I have not decided on a paint scheme yet but I will have to look around here at the other builds that are happening and the net to figure the weathering aspect of the build.This may take a while.;)

Panzer 001.JPG

Panzer 002.JPG

Panzer 003.JPG

Panzer 004.JPG

Panzer 005.JPG

Panzer 006.JPG

Edited by Javlin

Looking forward to this one.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

I wouldn't miss this for the world!

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

I also follow along.

If there are any questions about the IV. Just ask 😉

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I'm in. A Rye Field build should be a nice one.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

my grandson asks me why I haven't built a tank.........one day perhaps  ;)   so........where's that gluey smell I hear tell about?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

11 hours ago, Canute said:

I'm in. A Rye Field build should be a nice one.

It's a first for me to I spent 20 minutes putting on what I thought best may of been some 16 allen head nuts(?) on the underside maybe Backer can clear that up? I will take a pic of the region.The Tiger has the whole interior it could be next on the bench but I have also started the assault once again on the Revell 1/56 Civil War Blockade Runner using His Models blocks.

builds 011.JPG

builds 012.JPG

12 hours ago, Javlin said:

some 16 allen head nuts(?) on the underside

Difficult question :blush:  All my military models are on a base plate, so I pay little attention to the underside

Photos of the underside of a panzer IV (and most other tanks) are quite rare. The only hope is to find a picture of a damaged tank (upside down).
Nothing found yet 

https://www.google.com/search?q=panzer+IV+wrecked&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwi-gL74oKbzAhVUrHIEHZAsBaMQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=panzer+IV+wrecked&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQDDoHCCMQ7wMQJzoECAAQE1D-uQNYl8gDYIjbA2gAcAB4AIABoQGIAcAIkgEDMC43mAEAoAEBqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWfAAQE&sclient=img&ei=SHJVYb68EdTYytMPkNmUmAo&bih=498&biw=1291&rlz=1C1GCEU_nlBE936BE936

A Panzer IV walkaround  (again no underside)

https://www.scalenews.de/sd-kfz-161-pzkpfw-iv-ausf-g-panzer-iv-walkaround-881/

http://walkarounds.scalemodels.ru/v/walkarounds/afv/before_1950/pz_iv_crocus/?g2_page=1

Ps

Here are some images of the bottom plate to see (you tube video)

https://ww2live.com/en/content/world-war-2-unique-german-panzer-iv-came-back-life-unearthed-restored-and-displayed-just-5

Edited by Backer

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Dont know if this might help  - scroll down till it shows the bottom.

OC.

http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/viewtopic.php?printertopic=1&t=21145&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&finish_rel=-10000

Current builds  

Completed works.

surprised that being as detailed as it is,  there wouldn't be molded detail.  

what was wrong with the supplied blocks for the ship?  I've used the Revell supplied blocks on all my 1:96 scale ships,  and they were fine.  I have a method with rigging them,  that doesn't put a lot of stress on the plastic eye bolts.  I haven't resorted to filling the masts with metal rod either.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

8 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

Dont know if this might help  - scroll down till it shows the bottom.

OC.

http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/portal/viewtopic.php?printertopic=1&t=21145&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&finish_rel=-10000

That's it OC on the back the the suspension base guards and yes it was pretty far down the list;)

3 minutes ago, Javlin said:

That's it OC on the back the the suspension base guards and yes it was pretty far down the list;)

Glad it helped  mate.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

7 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

surprised that being as detailed as it is,  there wouldn't be molded detail.  

what was wrong with the supplied blocks for the ship?  I've used the Revell supplied blocks on all my 1:96 scale ships,  and they were fine.  I have a method with rigging them,  that doesn't put a lot of stress on the plastic eye bolts.  I haven't resorted to filling the masts with metal rod either.

Denis the idea is to get me ready for the Pride of Baltimore which I have the hull ready for planking just a scary-dee cat Russ was impressed with my idea for the stays and making them line up right.;) 

13 hours ago, Backer said:

Difficult question :blush:  All my military models are on a base plate, so I pay little attention to the underside

Photos of the underside of a panzer IV (and most other tanks) are quite rare. The only hope is to find a picture of a damaged tank (upside down).
Nothing found yet 

https://www.google.com/search?q=panzer+IV+wrecked&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwi-gL74oKbzAhVUrHIEHZAsBaMQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=panzer+IV+wrecked&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQDDoHCCMQ7wMQJzoECAAQE1D-uQNYl8gDYIjbA2gAcAB4AIABoQGIAcAIkgEDMC43mAEAoAEBqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWfAAQE&sclient=img&ei=SHJVYb68EdTYytMPkNmUmAo&bih=498&biw=1291&rlz=1C1GCEU_nlBE936BE936

A Panzer IV walkaround  (again no underside)

https://www.scalenews.de/sd-kfz-161-pzkpfw-iv-ausf-g-panzer-iv-walkaround-881/

http://walkarounds.scalemodels.ru/v/walkarounds/afv/before_1950/pz_iv_crocus/?g2_page=1

Ps

Here are some images of the bottom plate to see (you tube video)

https://ww2live.com/en/content/world-war-2-unique-german-panzer-iv-came-back-life-unearthed-restored-and-displayed-just-5

Backer luv the walk around site it's bookmarked did they use RLM02 for the interior of the tanks?:imNotWorthy:

7 hours ago, Javlin said:

did they use RLM02 for the interior of the tanks

RLM02 is very greenish, so i dont think so.

More something ivory white (elfenbein RAL1001) in the crew compartiment 

Red oxide (primer) in the engine  compartment
Hatches can be in the same color as the outside but not always

these are my ideas 

But, It may also depend on the paint that was available. Crew interior definitely a light color for better visibility inside

Whermacht colors :

https://www.militaerlacke.de/fahrzeuglacke/2k-eimergebinde/wehrmacht/?p=1

Edited by Backer

Regards, Patrick

It was definitely an off-white.....

Panzer I...

1743925537_PanzerI.jpg.a868b21cb02a256e4d0a55439984a2cd.jpg

Panzer III...

519809796_PanzerIII.jpg.b399d1851c2a26e212e86438fa028a46.jpg

Panther...

Panther.jpg.fff2e386d3678d61c803b874ffd87d1b.jpg

Tiger I....

855103702_TigerI.jpg.b5ac2238c8297db5637c6f1ff4f1cea7.jpg

Now some of those might be postwar interpretation, but they look pretty genuine, (read very close) They are all museum pieces so I would say fairly accurate for the most part....

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

I'm in for this, just caught up to date, you guys come up with some great info! 

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

After step #5 complete.The tracks had a small learning curve for someone who has never played with individual links less glue is better CA not so great.I liked the idea of the working suspension esp. if someone was doing a diorama.The kit does fit like a dream kinda like the Tamy of tanks without the cost so much.That's it for now assembling tracks  a little at a time so when the time comes I am ready.............;)

Panzer 001.JPG

Panzer 002.JPG

Panzer 003.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

off to a good start :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 2 weeks later...

This is were I sit ATTM  the tracks are  a bit of a PIA and still look to loose with this one while the other looks better??both have 98 links?I am at a stage were some knowledge from ya'll is needed.......the tools on the deck what color?The instructions have me installing them at this point did they just shoot the whole tank camo?;)

Panzer 001.JPG

I would think that anything like tools, probably water/gas cans, etc. hanging on the outside would be a solid color probably olive or even sand color.  Those would have all come from separate places, even as field replacements and probably not color matched as to paint patterns.  Been too many years since I did armor, so I'm going off what I remember.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Adding to Marks advice  I would also add  with things like  shovels  etc  wood handles  and an oily steal  for the blade  - same with sledge Hammers etc.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

2 hours ago, Javlin said:

the tools on the deck what color?The instructions have me installing them at this point did they just shoot the whole tank camo?

Tools were just tools paint them like tools... They usually came out of the factory in one color, camo was painted in the field, either a supply depot or most usually by the unit using it...

And they would strip off the removable items before painting, except for winter when they just whitewashed everything...

Quote:

• 2 weeks later...

OK  pics figured it was time just a couple though.I built the little handles that go under the windows of turret opening these allow the commander to look through armor plate glass.The handles comprised of PE and the standard part supplied by the kit.The inside of the turret opening is about to get another coat of white and then goes in the armor plate from the top now it appears to me leather pads exist between each piece of glass,I picture the commander hands up top of the pad with forearm on the pad looking out.The inside of the turret is my idea for this build the King Tiger with full interior will get more research sites already bookmarked.The main body still has more pieces to apply as well as the main turret it self.The KT kit tracks look beefier on the pins for the tracks as opposed to this kit cannot tell you how many I had to make!!!!;)

Panzer 003.JPG

Panzer 004.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Things are moving  slow just about ready to paint the tracks and add the skirts.I had a Sis come in town two weeks ago loves to go to antique shops I found four spindles(oak) 36" instantly  a project hit me so I have been in the other side of the shop.The hatch on the r/side will be open see the crack on closing.;)

Panzer 002.JPG

Panzer 003.JPG

Panzer 004.JPG

She is starting to look like a Tank now with the tracks in place.I black based the tracks then MM Stainless Steel with a fog of MM Burnt Metal at 10PSI from about 10" the track on the front I got a little to close with the BM.I did not worry about finishing off the wheels up top seeing how the skirts will be covering them.;)

Panzer 001.JPG

Panzer 002.JPG

Very nice job Kevin, looks fantastic!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Looking great

Regards, Patrick

• 2 weeks later...