1880's Floating Steam Donkey Pile Driver by Keith Black - 1:120 Scale

18 hours ago, Javelin said:

I believe @KeithAug is talking about stability rather than keeping the ship level.

That is correct Roel. I was thinking about those very long beams and steam plant sticking up above the deck in combination with that very narrow beam.

It obviously works but the plans posted on Keith B's answer don't provide a lot of comfort. Not a vessel to take out in a blow!🙂

1 hour ago, Keith Black said:

My poor ole Tennessee is sitting there with that 'what about me' look on her bow.

She will be ok - she has Ole Bob for company.

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

On 7/12/2024 at 3:31 PM, ccoyle said:

Anytime anyone mentions a steam donkey, I have to point out that John Dolbeer invented it for yarding redwood logs in my native Humboldt County, California.

Looking at that photo... "are you 'sure' that is a steam donkey and not 'actually' an illegal still about to start giving up its nectar to a bunch of very thirsty loggers?"  

"The journey of a thousand miles is only the beginning of a thousand journeys!"

Current Build;

1776 Gunboat Philadelphia, Navy-Board Style, Scratch Build 1:24 Scale

On the Drawing Board;

1777 Continental Frigate 'Hancock', Scratch Build, Admiralty/Pseudo Hahn Style, "In work, active in CAD design stage!"

In dry dock;

Scratch Build of USS Constitution... on hold until further notice, if any.

Constructro 'Cutty Sark' ... Hull completed, awaiting historically accurate modifications to the deck, deck houses, etc., "Gathering Dust!"

Corel HMS Victory Cross Section kit "BASH"... being neglected!

What I love about MSW is, it's more than just a showcase of builds, it's also a great reservoir of information. @mcb was so kind in sending me the following message and photos. 

"Pile drivers in the NYC harbor area. These glass plate negative photos are from the Steamtown (in Scranton) collection National Park Service. Most (rolling stock, stations, coal mines etc.) are specific to the DLW railroad who hired the photographers and owned them originally.  Fortunately, that railroad had interesting operations around NYC harbor

The first pic is a whole herd of pile drivers, I think 3 steam donkeys on skids, one floating pile driver, a stick lighter and a concrete mixer/ conveyer tower. Location unknown, NYC harbor area.

Second pic is Manhattan, Hoboken is across the river in the background.  This shows a pier being demolished and it looks like the 2 pile drivers are set to pull out old pilings.  Looks like old, rotten pilings floating everywhere."

Both Photos are from William B Barry jr. circa 1914,  Steamtown N.H.S. collection.

image.jpeg.7079db56ead7b54d6ab79b0cee9e676c.jpeg

X0369edit2.jpg.efe3b58375e5e900b502e90003cfb211.jpg.dd76d945d0d8958ddfb63927e7e53a85.jpg

I could look at the above photos for hours. Thank you mcb for the valuable addition to this build log. 

Keith

Current Builds: 1880s Floating Steam Donkey Pile Driver 

Wood Hull Screw Frigate USS Tennessee

Decorative Carrack Warship Restoration, the Amelia

Completed: Early Swift 1805 Model Restoration

Some great pictures  there

Are you going to have multiple donkeys  and a train as well.  So many idea so little time      giv'er  

Bob M.

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:         The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20 ,   Amati } Hannah Ship in a Bottle:Santa Maria : LA  Pinta : La Nana : The Mayflower : Viking Ship Drakkar  The King Of the Mississippi  Artesania Latina  1:80 

Current Build: Royal Yacht, Duchess of Kingston-Vanguard Models :)

Thank you to all for the likes.

On 7/24/2024 at 11:53 AM, Rick310 said:

Looks great Keith,  this will be a interesting and fun build.

Rick

Thank you, Rick.

On 7/24/2024 at 12:55 PM, KeithAug said:

She will be ok - she has Ole Bob for company.

Keith, Ole Bob lost his job on the Tennessee, I think he's trying to land a spot on the pile driver? :)

On 7/24/2024 at 4:51 PM, tmj said:

Looking at that photo... "are you 'sure' that is a steam donkey and not 'actually' an illegal still about to start giving up its nectar to a bunch of very thirsty loggers?"  

Tom, thank you for the laugh. Not enough humor in this ole world these days.

The hammer is able to slide up and down so it's capable of it being displayed in any position. I'm undecided whether I should try and add a log into the slide. It would require more effort but I think the final model would show more action. 

2D928F85-CB36-4151-B058-9A63C175C998.thumb.jpeg.10f43710c60b6da0d06167ed507550b2.jpeg

The head log is in place but not attached as I still need to add the sheave wheels and pillow blocks.  7746D9EF-E58B-41E1-B8FC-FD854C3C0A10.thumb.jpeg.d8ed0f260577e07022a918fc3eed4442.jpeg

Thank you to everyone for following this project.

Keith

How is the hammer released on those pile-drivers? I seem to remember that (at least on the ones over here in Europe) there is a sort of tripping mechanism, that releases the hammer (in German we call it 'ramming bear'), which then drops down in free-fall. The halliard then is lowered and clicks automatically into the hammer.

wefalck

panta rhei - Everything is in flux

M-et-M-72.jpg  Banner-AKHS-72.jpg  Banner-AAMM-72.jpg  ImagoOrbis-72.jpg

1 hour ago, Keith Black said:

I'm undecided whether I should try and add a log into the slide. It would require more effort but I think the final model would show more action. 

I like that idea too. Roughen up the sides of a round dowel with 40 grit paper and then give the top of that dowel a good beating with a hammer, for added effect. 🙂

Current Build;

On the Drawing Board;

1777 Continental Frigate 'Hancock', Scratch Build, Admiralty/Pseudo Hahn Style, "In work, active in CAD design stage!"

In dry dock;

Constructro 'Cutty Sark' ... Hull completed, awaiting historically accurate modifications to the deck, deck houses, etc., "Gathering Dust!"

You might want to look at Pan Pastel weathering powders https://modelingcolors.com/index.html

They don't disappear if you clear-coat over them, like some chalks have a tendency to do. They have a wide range of colors and can be bought in various sets for particular uses like a grime set or a rust set.  Really like how this pile driver is coming together.  👍

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Thank you to everyone for looking in and for the likes.

22 hours ago, wefalck said:

How is the hammer released on those pile-drivers? I seem to remember that (at least on the ones over here in Europe) there is a sort of tripping mechanism, that releases the hammer (in German we call it 'ramming bear'), which then drops down in free-fall. The halliard then is lowered and clicks automatically into the hammer.

Eberhard, as I understand operating a steam donkey for pile driving. The drum actuating lever when in mid position was natural. The lever was pulled toward the rear to spool the drum and and pushed forward to unspool the drum. There was a brake to control the rate of unspooling of the drum. In pile driving applications when the hammer was raised to the appropriate height the drum was then allowed to freely unspool releasing the hammer for its decent.

21 hours ago, tmj said:

I like that idea too. Roughen up the sides of a round dowel with 40 grit paper and then give the top of that dowel a good beating with a hammer, for added effect. 🙂

Tom, that or I'll search our 3/4 acres of heaven for the 'right' log. 

2 hours ago, Canute said:

You might want to look at Pan Pastel weathering powders https://modelingcolors.com/index.html

They don't disappear if you clear-coat over them, like some chalks have a tendency to do. They have a wide range of colors and can be bought in various sets for particular uses like a grime set or a rust set.  Really like how this pile driver is coming together.  👍

Thank you, Ken. I've ordered two of their sets. 

Keith

Just back from my holiday to Norfolk Island Keith and absolutely delighted to catch-up with your pile driver log.  Some great progress and I look forward to seeing more.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Thank you to everyone for the likes. 

On 7/26/2024 at 11:44 AM, Knocklouder said:

Are you going to have multiple donkeys  and a train as well.  So many idea so little time

No multiple pile drivers and no trains, Bob. I'm letting you take the lead on trains, I'm maxed out on rabbit holes as is, thank you very much. :)

On 7/27/2024 at 9:41 PM, BANYAN said:

Just back from my holiday to Norfolk Island Keith and absolutely delighted to catch-up with your pile driver log.  Some great progress and I look forward to seeing more.

Pat, welcome home and thank you.

I'm waiting on some pieces parts for the driver so I started on the steam donkey engine.

This is the engine I'm trying to replicate' (stock photo removed by moderator)

These are are the plans I'm using. I'm enlarging the dimensions some where I can try to work in the smaller details. If I make a dogs lunch out to the engine I can always house it as that seems to more in keeping with things as they were. 

UtilityDonkey.jpg.c59b85ba2ebc02bf733e228ccdfc1f34.jpg

I started with the boiler as I thought this would be the easiest part to make because it's the largest part. I see sawdust on the boiler from handling, I've got sawdust everywhere. The texture is rough, wood just isn't smooth like metal. 

3137EBFD-4F66-4EA4-A956-CB25ADB81D75.thumb.jpeg.f0a863bbcc7bf93071bcfe4cede2e79c.jpeg

The stack is a little wonky, 

E8EF0636-75E3-419E-AA41-7012AF615D24.thumb.jpeg.a0007572baed0000e3e78abf62e1e0f0.jpeg

52BD793D-3C0D-463D-B0AD-A660F102FFEB.thumb.jpeg.2d1217fc367396e84d7b4a5fd047342a.jpeg

D5A14B1A-3F24-4103-9FC7-2977D2B099BF.thumb.jpeg.40959b6accbd507cf3fd34a29592d35a.jpeg

4C7FF384-4DE3-4A42-BF16-C7907EAA576C.thumb.jpeg.213b66263b4ba97dae61b955af2dd8b6.jpeg

I had some cleats leftover from??? so I decided to use them on the tower. Scale is a bit off but I think they're a neat detail.

E172D8E1-0B50-48BD-B01E-F44B0FA259ED.thumb.jpeg.5f7567aac08fcc357920aeeb9e040412.jpeg

02DBDC53-1164-44F6-A727-2DA66E4C63CD.thumb.jpeg.912aa1e37397518d52a1ddebab0ba3c6.jpeg

Thank you everyone for following along.

Keith

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Glen McGuire said:

Looking good, Keith!  How did you make the cleats and the boiler?

Thank you, Glen. I don't know where the cleats came from but they're a white metal off the shelf item from some provider. I may have gotten them from Cornwall Model Boats?  I used a couple of the Tennessee bowsprit, they've been in my metal parts container for years. This seemed to be the perfect opportunity to use em up. Fat chance, I still have two left. :) 

The boiler was pretty simple when I figured out to do it the easy way. It took me all stinkin' day because I first tried turning all three elements out of a single piece of dowel. I still had to turn the hood. My old drill that I used for turning was a much better drill. This new drill is pretty sloppy. For the main boiler and stack I simply cut dowel to the correct lengths and glued them togather. The door for the firebox was the most fun to  make, a small piece of card for the door, tiny, real tiny, bits of wire for the hinges and wire for the handle. It's going to be interesting to see if I can make an engine that doesn't need to be covered. 

Edited by Keith Black

12 hours ago, Keith Black said:

The stack is a little wonky, 

They are quite common Keith.

Screenshot2024-07-29at13_34_36.png.2be0ef9af527ebce613abb26ebf1289e.png

A granddaughter favourite. 

Keith

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

19 hours ago, Keith Black said:

I started with the boiler as I thought this would be the easiest part to make

Okay, now I see why you didn't use sheet metal nor want to buck any real rivets! I was thinking at a larger scale. Prior to seeing it, I guess it looked much bigger in my 'mind'! :unsure:  

Current Build;

On the Drawing Board;

In dry dock;

Love the model, Keith, but -- I had to delete the stock photo in your earlier post, as it was from a pay site.

I loved the photo, though, as it featured the steam donkey that was part of the Pacific Lumber Company (PALCO) museum in Scotia, California. I don't know if it is still there or not, as the company was sold some years back. When I was a fisheries technician with the CCC back in the 1900s, we did a lot of work on PALCO timber holdings. The story of how PALCO went out of business is a very sad tale. The company was the victim of a hostile takeover financed by junk bonds. To finance the debt, the new owners accelerated timber harvests above and beyond what was sustainable. The company went insolvent regardless. PALCO was a big part of the daily life of Southern Humboldt County, and a lot of people lost their livelihoods when the mill closed. The Scotia mill has new owners now, and as far as I know it is still operating, but I moved away decades ago and haven't kept up on how well they are doing.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Speeljacht

Thank you to all for the likes and for stopping by.

On 7/28/2024 at 9:39 PM, Rick310 said:

you’re off to a good start!

Thank you, Rick.

On 7/29/2024 at 8:36 AM, KeithAug said:

They are quite common Keith.

Screenshot2024-07-29at13_34_36.png.2be0ef9af527ebce613abb26ebf1289e.png

A granddaughter favourite. 

Keith, I came close to changing the title of this build log after your post, :)

On 7/29/2024 at 3:26 PM, tmj said:

Okay, now I see why you didn't use sheet metal nor want to buck any real rivets! I was thinking at a larger scale. Prior to seeing it, I guess it looked much bigger in my 'mind'! :unsure:

Tom, too small for rivets and I'm too old to buck em even if real rivets was an option.. :)

On 7/29/2024 at 6:00 PM, FriedClams said:

reat progress, Keith.  I really like the slide hammer and a nice start on the donkey - not wonky at all.

Thank you, Gary.

1 hour ago, Daniel Kimmer said:

pretty awesome, keep the pictures flowing.  If there is a need for more wood, let me know. Happy to share with you.  Your creativity is amazing.

Dan, thank you and thank you for the offer but I've enough wood you gifted me to last many more projects.

35 minutes ago, ccoyle said:

Love the model, Keith, but -- I had to delete the stock photo in your earlier post, as it was from a pay site.

I loved the photo, though, as it featured the steam donkey that was part of the Pacific Lumber Company (PALCO) museum in Scotia, California. I don't know if it is still there or not, as the company was sold some years back. When I was a fisheries technician with the CCC back in the 1900s, we did a lot of work on PALCO timber holdings. The story of how PALCO went out of business is a very sad tale. The company was the victim of a hostile takeover financed by junk bonds. To finance the debt, the new owners accelerated timber harvests above and beyond what was sustainable. The company went insolvent regardless. PALCO was a big part of the daily life of Southern Humboldt County, and a lot of people lost their livelihoods when the mill closed. The Scotia mill has new owners now, and as far as I know it is still operating, but I moved away decades ago and haven't kept up on how well they are doing.

Chris, thank you and thank you for deleting the photo. The timber industry is tough on people and planet Earth. We need to be able to harvest trees but we need to use those methods that do the least amount damage. 

Photo of a one cylinder Steam Donkey that replaces the one that Chris kindly removed, Thank you again, Chris. 

image.jpeg.4ddce521b284b88154a98da7767fe49d.jpeg

Thank you to everyone for being part of the journey. 

Keith

Thank you @Knocklouder and @GrandpaPhil for the likes.

I was wrapped up all week trying to get the pile driver's head log completed, it turned in to be quite the chore.

The sheave wheels and blocks had to be one of the harder little pieces I've ever tried making, it was strictly jeweler's files and sandpaper. There are seven elements to this piece, five pieces of wood and the two sheave wheels. No, I'll not be building a forest of pile drivers. :)

6EB5E2A6-BDC9-43C9-8879-FFA9C0FC7C5B.thumb.jpeg.63ae810ba532f61b8d22d319803ea200.jpeg

DBB92E3E-A90F-407F-A6FE-E0E615B50458.thumb.jpeg.8fe4f2df2a5a68cb1f7d60974866b1ea.jpeg

I've been remiss not including a ruler or a US penny in the photos, sorry.  

6E217BD6-4E26-48BD-B272-18349884B058.thumb.jpeg.790ab1ab86452e69361ed5a1d407c31b.jpeg

BE5B1526-9855-4C8F-B10E-B95DD8620F84.thumb.jpeg.22a174fecba5d29434ba80b030af095b.jpeg

Thank you to everyone for your interest and your continued support.

Keith 

2 hours ago, Keith Black said:

There are seven elements to this piece,

Nicely done Keith. After I have finished a part I sometimes amuse myself by counting up the number of parts that have gone into it. Often it reminds me why it took so long to make. Most normal people would look at MSW and ask why we bother. 

Keith

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

Posted (edited)

Thank you to everyone for the likes and for following along.

17 hours ago, KeithAug said:

Nicely done Keith. After I have finished a part I sometimes amuse myself by counting up the number of parts that have gone into it. Often it reminds me why it took so long to make. Most normal people would look at MSW and ask why we bother. 

Thank you, Keith. At 77 I have no clue what normal is anymore. I think everybody is a tad bit off except you and me and I'm not too sure about you. :)

9 hours ago, TBlack said:

BTW, Keith, how did you manage to manufacture and put all those parts together?

Thank you, Tom.

When making the sheave wheels carrier/pillow blocks these were the following constraints.

!. The larger sheave wheel is the hammer sheave and the sheave line to the hammer must be exactly centered (or potential binding could occur) between the hammer slide rails. The distance between the slide rails is 0.20 inches.

Someone might say 0.20 or 2 feet at 1:1 is pretty narrow. The ideal diameter for logs to be driven is no larger than 18 inches. The larger the diameter the harder to drive. Interior piling diameter only needs to be 12 inches in diameter and on the face and sides, 18 inches in diameter with dolphins at the corners. Once a row of piling on ten foot centers is driven a 20' 12" x 12" is laid on top center of one piling to the center of the next piling.  There are numerous methods of attaching the 12 x 12's to one another and to the piling. 

2. The sheave wheels are 0.050 inches in width.

3. The smaller sheave wheel is for the line that pulls the logs up into the top of the tower between the slides.  the hole in the head log for the log line could only be 0.10 to the left from the hammer line hole. 

4. The sheave wheels were not drilled through at the hubs, the have tiny protrusions that act like an axle. To be anatomically correct the two wheel hubs had to align horizontally. the small wheel = 0.175  diameter and the large wheel 0.275

5. The wheels had to have enough height so the lines would not drag on the heel of the board. 

6. The head log board is 0.40 x 0.80

I didn't want the wheels engulfed in wood and not be visible. Because I could not run both wheels on a single shaft I couldn't make a traditional wheels and pillow blocks assembly. This assembly is unique out of necessity.  I lost count on the number of revisions and scrapped pieces.

The center piece between the the two wheels is 0.50 wide through drilled for the protrusions. The two pieces on either side of the wheels started off being 0.115 x 0.115 and filled to their final shape with holes drilled for the protrusions. The two horizontal braces were notched to receive the outside vertical pieces. 

The whole was assembled with CA. First, the horizontal braces were attached the the two outside vertical pieces, Then each wheel was installed with a very small dab of CA gel at the drill hole for the outer protrusions. Once the wheels where set the center piece was attached to one wheel assembly and the the outer was attached to make the whole.

I hope this clearly explains how I made this piece, if not please highlight the portion not understood and i'll try to be more clear.

Thank you to everyone for being part of the journey.

Keith

Edited by Keith Black

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Keith Black said:

I think everybody is a tad bit off except you and me and I'm not too sure about you.

You must have Yorkshire ancestry. When words were used differently my Grandfathers favourite saying was, "everybody's queer excep me an thee, an am not sure about thee".

His other favourite saying was "thas nowt meks wimin sa mad as havin a sicret nobdy wants to ere". He wasn't very PC.

Edited by KeithAug

Keith

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

Posted (edited)

Thank you to everyone for the likes.

On 8/4/2024 at 9:47 PM, FriedClams said:

Wonderful work, Keith!

Thank you, Gary.

On 8/5/2024 at 4:37 AM, KeithAug said:

You must have Yorkshire ancestry. When words were used differently my Grandfathers favourite saying was, "everybody's queer excep me an thee, an am not sure about thee".

His other favourite saying was "thas nowt meks wimin sa mad as havin a sicret nobdy wants to ere". He wasn't very PC.

I wish Yorkshire blood flowed these ole veins and I would have loved listening to your Grandad's tales.

On 8/5/2024 at 7:58 AM, Rick310 said:

Really looking great Keith!!

Thank you, Rick.

I got all the ascending level's deck boards installed. I also got the first layer of grunge on the tower.

Pre grunge.

BE5B1526-9855-4C8F-B10E-B95DD8620F84.thumb.jpeg.9b3337c08c48198dd4835c8610d00965.jpeg

Post grunge. The grunge is black acrylic craft paint applied thinly with a tiny Q-tip and rubbed in. Because the tower is still separate from the barge I went ahead and started the grunge process as it's easier to handle/rotate the tower separate from the barge. 

FEF56EFB-FF6E-4F71-9273-7407A7E5D499.thumb.jpeg.79b74cc523034ebc5694d5ba38d2927d.jpeg

E44C94DA-2A27-4BDD-A61B-4400FC9B61D5.thumb.jpeg.88386063457f275a3a44dc62298fd261.jpeg

For clarity, the boiler is at the bow. I've made a mistake at the bottom of the port side vertical slide timber. There should be a cleaner patch near the bottom as the logs are pulled around and up from the port side as the log line sheave is on the port side of the head log. As logs are brought into the throat they would scrape the outside face of the port side vertical slide timber. It's easily corrected, a little spit on a Q-tip and voila. 0C605082-7279-47EF-8974-108CB66625AA.thumb.jpeg.3019b2c6ecb8497bb1f7e4457babdafc.jpeg

DFAABB4C-1405-4E9D-910F-EFDB3111513B.thumb.jpeg.b5b6c21d65586e04b6e1abff42f1f260.jpeg

A58DCDEA-F177-48C3-84F7-FC9F9B77D8B0.thumb.jpeg.8d2cefc34a6076bb72fc7857d2fe2d14.jpeg

6B5CF3B4-2DBA-4D68-ACC6-93C0A81DBE94.thumb.jpeg.805dae7cec283ee987219bf2b94039af.jpeg

I've enjoyed looking at the barge deck/tower contrast but the barge deck is far from reality. The next photo posted of the barge, it will have a dark deck with grunge accents. 

The last thing to add to the tower before permanently attaching to the barge are the horizontal support pieces on the tower bow side that are also used as the ladder. You think 14 inch ratlines is a step, the pile driver plans call for 24 inches between each horizontal support. I may deviate from the plan and make the spacing  more user friendly. Studying the photos that mcb @mcb provided not all the drivers adhered to the 24 inch spacing.

Thank you guys so much for your support and being part of this little build.

Keith

Edited by Keith Black

17 minutes ago, Keith Black said:

the boiler is at the bow.

Hard to know which of the four sides are the bow. First ship I have seen with two starboards and 2 ports.

21 minutes ago, Keith Black said:

Thank you guys so much for your support and being part of this little build.

Yes I was just contemplating how excited we are all getting about this lovely little build. An external observer might think we ought to get a life.

Keith

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

This is looking really nice! I like how you are making it look 'artistically' grungy without making it look like a grungy mess... as the real thing probably appeared after being worked for a while. Great job Keith!   

Current Build;

On the Drawing Board;

In dry dock;