HMS Victory by dafi - Heller - PLASTIC - To Victory and beyond ...

Wonderful.. or perhaps: wunderbar to the Bierhalle!!!!!   :cheers:  (yeah... my German sucks, I've forgot almost all my grandparents taught me. :( )

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thank you foxy and Mark :-)

@mtaylor

Do not worry, those are among the most important words to know!!!

Prost, Daniel

Thank you José!

Cheers, Daniel

we call it wurstegal* :-)

There is Bratwurst**, Bockwurst***, Hanswurst, Wurstwurst and naturally Currywurst.

Brockwurst must be one of foxys invention - a hybrid of Brat- and Bockwurst; Sounds promising, I will try and tell you :-) :-) :-)

Prost, Daniel

* no matter what sausage 

** fried sausage

*** boiled sausage

Thanks you Sirs, very kind!

My small piece of cake found a temporary home in my Trafalgar shrine, beside the tankard displaying the battle lines, the Nelson magnifying glass, the photography of Nelson´s ghost and the the piece of original oak*** of the HMS Victory.

Victoryschnittchen_5881b.jpg

Cheers and shiver in deverence, Daniel

***from ecologically certified dismantling ;-)

Cake?  I saw no cake, just a wonderful display of artifacts.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

simply fabulous Daniel.........your diorama is a huge slice of daily life on a sailing ship.   so much action packed into that small frame!   congratz,  my friend...... very well done!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Just so Daniel, its Bockfurst, not Brockfurst, just looked at the label proper like. :rolleyes:

Great collection my friend but were's the knife and fork :D.

I also did not realise your build was here.

Will suspend mine. ^_^

foxy :piratebo5:

Edited by foxy

@foxy, no you wont!

Even though using some parts that I produced in my dim and distant past, you already found your own way to make this model your own!

Anyway fork and knife or even better Nelson´s knife-fork it is up to you first ;-)

Thank you Ian, Mark, Popeye and foxy :-)

XXXDan

Edited by dafi

• 3 weeks later...
*blowingoffthedust*

... yep ...

*coff*

... here we go again ...

*wavingthedustcloudsaway*

... starter finished, now back to the main course :-)

Where have we been?

Victory-140928_6578.jpg

Okokok ...

Victory-140928_6587.jpg

... alright ...

Victory-140928_6583.jpg

... heavy partying ...

Victory-140928_6591.jpg

... with social games :-)

And what to do as reentry to the topic ?!?

... of course ...

... destruction !!!

Victory-140928_6592.jpg

I just realised, I never replaced the entry port and the side steps on the larboard side.

Cheers, Daniel

Edited by dafi

hello my friend - im watching- how long before I rip mine apart again

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

:-)

Thank you all, especially Matti, hope your thump swells down soon !!!

@Dubz: ... do not forget davatation!!!

@clearway: would hurt more to keep it it the way it was :-) 

@Jan: the stern is just snapped in and still removable to have easier access.

Edited by dafi

What's you planning? More destruction on the lower deck, or fixing the beams, and start working at a higher level?

(btw, the diners: will they get some colour?)

Jan

... as if I ever knew what I was planning ...

... would save a lot of work from the devastation team ,-)

The pale color was on purpose and much more a hint towards the flavorless food combined with seasickness. Was this too much or should I still add a faint green shade over the faces?

Anyway, I think the lower deck still holds some subjects to discover for me and I am looking forwards to endeavor those realms of ignorance on my side.

Let the odyssey continue :-)

XXXDAn

Edited by dafi

@amateur

... anyway his place is on the quarterdeck, where the plaque is "here is where Nelson will fall"

@keith

... yeah, the beaf appears to be a bit tough at times ...

XXXDAn

Sooooooooo it looks already a bit more friendly by now ...

Victory-side-entry_6593.jpg

... closed the gaps with Evergreen and Apoxy-Sculpt ...

Victory-side-entry_6594.jpg

... and the new steps are a awaiting :-)

A good trick to get an even result ist to just first fix every second one ...

Victory-side-entry_6597.jpg

... and use the ones in between to average out the rhythm :-)

Victory-side-entry_6602.jpg 

And to finish put the crown onto its place :-)

Cheers, Daniel

This build continues to be more than amazing. 

I zoomed in as much as I could on the scene where the crew are eating, but I did not see any biscuit weevils on the table. Did I miss something? ;)

(Maybe they are just underway and the hardtack is still fresh, or so long at sea that they are eating them as protein...)

... they already have the beef in the mouth but still are chewing for quite a while already ...

... thats why they still sit for so long in front of the now empty plates ...

... or are they waiting to be served as the helper with the barrel wanting to catch the rations still is waiting in front of the stairway to heaven - means the companionway that leads into nowhere towards the not yet done stove above on the still non existing middle deck ...

... smells like mutiny could break out soon ...

XXXDAn

IN the beginning pictures,  I thought about Sjors..... "so,  that's what happens to cottonball cannon balls when they get wet!"   :D

so....now to apply all the learning to the build!    gonna be fun to see  ;)    very nice Daniel!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch