Symphony by Omega1234 - FINISHED - 1/200 scale - 112' Ketch

I can just imagine your thought process.

‘Now let’s see the hull is . . . but the interior is . . . so I need to . . . but if I do that I can’t do . . . and then I’ll have to.’

Wow I’m already lost but you just keep on building as though it’s not a problem. I don’t know how you do it but I sure like what you do.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Hi Nis

Thanks! Now that's a thought! My only question us where do I get one of those Keyhole Digital cameras from?

Cheers

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

maybe something like this will do......

http://www.amazon.de/Millionen-Endoskop-Kamerakopf-Einstellbare-Inspektionskamera/dp/B00W6M26O8/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1438186339&sr=8-4&keywords=digital+endoskop+kamera

saw them by Amazon, also Ebay, round about 25 - 35 Euros

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

HA! Nils' idea had me immediately imagine taking some 'perspective shots' of the interior, as if one was inside, and then arranging them in a publisher like Adobe or something, and writing a mock article (like you'd find in a yachting magazine) about the newest luxury sailing yacht Symphony, complete with all the jaw dropping interior pictures.

Seriously, though, the detail you've added is spectacular - the objects don't just look like a lounge, or a galley - the detail and materials make them feel like a lounger and a galley. Really great work - and I can't wait to see the rest.

~ Ben

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Builds:

'Doll-Boat' - 1:12 scale 40' Cruising Sailboat

S.S. Edmund Fitzgerald - 1:350 plastic kit w/ Photo Etch Parts (On Hold)

Hi Ben, Nils and Bob and everyone who hit the Like buton

All of your comments are greatly appreciated!

Well, over the past few days I've managed to do a bit more work on the galley, the double bed stateroom that sits opposite the galley and the small berth and shower compartment in the forepeak.  In the main saloon, I've done the saloon table as well as three folding chairs that are arranged around the saloon table.

I hope you enjoy the photos.

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-35471400-1438429955_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-91985000-1438429969_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-23552000-1438429985_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-43393300-1438429999_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-51844200-1438430014_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-55798900-1438430028_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-93747400-1438430499_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega1234

Hi David and Frank

Thanks for your compliments!  Ahhh, yep...the folding chairs can fold.  I can attest to that because I accidentally squashed the first one that I made.

Mmmm...Note to Self - Be careful where you put your coffee cup!   :(

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

She's looking better all the time.  If they're not glued in yet how about a picture of a folding chair.

Bob

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

That will be great.  It's been a long time since I've seen a wooden folding chair.

Bob

Hey Patrick it's all your fault that I hurt my jaw - - - it dropped to the floor mate  ;)

Very nice work!

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Hi Piet, Bob and everyone else for hitting the Like button!

First of all, Piet, I'm sorry for causing your jaw to drop.....hehehe!!! I'm just grateful that you like my work.

Secondly, Bob, as promised, here are the photos of the folding chairs and the saloon table. The photos aren't the best because the chairs are so small that photographing them properly was difficult.

Oh well, it's the best I can do with my limited photo skills.

Hope you enjoy them.

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-30457300-1438517544_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-07680400-1438517566_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-11650000-1438517580_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-41516700-1438517595_thumb.jpg

Hi Frank

Thanks for your comments!

Like you and everyone else on this Forum, if we never try something, we'll never know if it's possible, or not. For me, I mulled over it for a long time, thinking that I couldn't do it. But, I gave it a go, and while not perfect, at least they look the part!

Cheers

Patrick

Thanks for the folding chair pictures.  Don't worry we can see the skill even past the photos.

Bob

Oh!! to miniaturizing one self and sail aboard these vessels.

SOS

New Bedford Whaleboat build. Kit by Model Shipways

I've been making progress on my model and according to the instruction booklet I should be painting it, at least parts of it.

Are acrylic's ok ? I did apply a sanding sealer. but I want to stain the untreated floor boards which are walnut.

Thanks

S.O.S.

Oh my.... :o  :o  :o   I can't imagine doing something that small.   Perfection in sub-sub-subminiature. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Wow. The shots that show the whole boat - just, wow. It's looking amazing. I love seeing interiors, especially in three dimensions. It almost brings more life into the model, in a way. It's so fascinating to see spatially how it all relates, and you've done a masterful job representing it.

~ Ben

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Builds:

Thanks Ben, David, Mark, SOS, Bob, Frank and everyone else for hitting the Like button.

I really appreciate you all taking the time to comment and provide feedback. It keeps me motivated!

Ben - interesting comments about seeing how the full interior fits together and how each parts relates to the next, because I couldn't agree more with you. I love it too. I guess that what spurs me onto building the ship's interiors.

Thanks and all the best to everyone!

Cheers

Patrick

Oh my.... :o  :o  :o   I can't imagine doing something that small.   Perfection in sub-sub-subminiature. 

Hi everyone

Mark's comment about "sub subminiature" has triggered something off in my mind.  What if the owners of Symphony were into models of nuclear submarines? Well, why not make a teeny tiny model of a nuclear submarine to display on the curved cupboard in the saloon?

So I did one and the results are in the photos below.  Ok, pls use heaps of imagination, because...well...because, it's the best I could do!  I need to have Igor's excellent miniaturisation-skills for me to pull it off really well.   :D

I've also started on the staircase leading from the companionway to below deck.

Hope you enjoy the photos.

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-65240100-1438677297_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-40248700-1438677307_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-63476300-1438677317_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-84102100-1438677325_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-00793100-1438677336_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-72478200-1438678317_thumb.jpg

Edited by Omega1234

Hi Patrick,

Quick note to say, while I started late, I am really enjoying watching the interior of your ketch come to life. Lovely skills to build at such a small scale.  On your model ships in your model ship, I tried to figure out their scale and come up with something like to 1/10,000! 

One question with all the lovely detail work you are putting in, are you going to leave some of the decking off to allow top viewing as well as side?

Cheers,

Nigel.

Current Build Logs: H.M.S. Triton Cross SectionUSF Confederacy Model Shipways

Completed Log: Red Dragon Artesania Latina

Gallery: Red Dragon: Artesania Latina

Member:  Nautical Research Guild

Hi Nigel

Many thanks for your compliments, which are greatly appreciated and welcomed!   

The submarine was a fun thing to do and, whilst not built to any scale, at least it looks the part. The same goes for the tiny gaff rigged cutter.  Having said that, a scale of 1/10000 really does make the mind boggle!

With respect to the interior visibility, I'm leaving the deck and cabin roof completely un-planked, so that the details can be viewed.

Thanks and all the best!

Cheers

Patrick

you've been busy Patrick.........very nice progress indeed!.    the recent addition to the bow section as well as the furniture,  really adds a lot of detail.   she's continuing to shape into a very sweet looking build   :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi Denis

Thanks for your comments.  I'm constantly learning and being surprised at just how much detail I can pack into Symphony's hull.  The sub, cutter and folding chairs are things I would never have thought possible in my previous models, but I've given them a go and I don't think they look too bad.  

So what's next?  I'm thinking about how to do the dinner plates on the saloon table.  Now, that'd be fun if I can pull it off.

Cheers and all the best!

Patrick

Hi Patrick:

If you're going to do dinner plates, then why not cups and saucers, and then you'd need cutlery, then you'd need napkins of real fabric - what a slippery slope you're on!

I'm really enjoying your skills and your imagination. 

I think it is time to call the guys in white suits and book you for a stay at the funny farm. Great job Patrick.

David B

SUB subminiature. Love it! Looks great, too!

~ Ben

Current Builds:

oh... crikey...   post-76-0-42279000-1438727931.gif

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)