HMS Winchelsea - Special Offer

HMS WINCHELSEA - SPECIAL OFFER

For a limited time, MSW members who join the NRG will be given free access to the plans here on MSW as our thank you for joining the NRG and supporting MSW.  For the same limited time, any current NRG member who wishes to renew their membership for an additional two years will also receive this bonus.  Your membership does not need to be getting ready to expire to take advantage of this offer.

Use the MORE button at the top of the MSW home page to access the NRG web site to join / renew or this link  https://www.thenrg.org/join-the-nrg.php

Offer expires on September 30, 2019.

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

Sending you a PM Joe

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

CLUBS

North Shore Deadeyes

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

Hi Kurt

I'm in a similar position, having renewed just this Wednesday. If I'd known about the offer I'd have gone for the two year option. Thanks in advance if you can help out.

Derek

Cheers, Derek

Current build:   Duchess of Kingston

On hold:              HMS Winchelsea

Previous builds:  HMS SpeedyEnglish Pinnace, Royal Yacht Caroline (gallery),

Victory Cross-section (gallery), US Clipper Albatros, Red Dragon (years ago!)

On the stocks:    18th Century Longboat

I only wish I was good enough to join

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

13 hours ago, Kevin said:

You're alive, you love and build model ships. And you're not a kit pirate.  You're good enough.:P

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I can’t find anywhere on the NRG website that mentions this special or how to renew for two years. All I see is one year renewal.

It would help if there was a Winnie Special button, where you push and renew for two years.

Edited by Jim Rogers

Regards,

Jim Rogers

Damn the Torpedoes , Full speed ahead.   Adm David Farragut.

Anybody joining or renewing for 2 years to get the free HMS Winchelsea access, please send an email to the NRG office after sending your payment to let Mary know that it is your intent to get access to the project/plans.  It will save time by her not having to email you to determine if you want the access or not.  Yeah, believe it or not some are just joining or renewing w/o wanting access!

NRG Office email - nrghomeoffice@gmail.com

Take care,

Kurt

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

CLUBS

North Shore Deadeyes

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

• 1 month later...

You only have until Sept. 30 to get the free download of the HMS Winchelsea by joining the NRG or renewing your membership for 2 years.  That's only 10 days from now.

Toni

Chairman Nautical Research Guild

Member Nautical Research and Model Society

Member Midwest Model Shipwrights

Current Builds:     NRG Rigging Project

Completed Builds: Longboat - 1:48 scale       HMS Atalanta-1775 - 1:48 scale       Half Hull Planking Project      Capstan Project     Swallow 1779 - 1:48 scale               Echo Cross Section   

Gallery:  Hannah - 1:36 scale.

On 8/10/2019 at 3:38 AM, Kevin said:

Awesome deal! I may join even if I may never get around to scratch building (and and no where near good enough yet either). Scratch building seems a long ways off for me but I have been thinking that it’s a worthy cause.

Edited by VTHokiEE

Hi Kurt,

To take advantage of getting the HMS Winchelsea plans for free and because I wanted to become a member of the NRG anyway for a while I joined as a member today.

Because I am stupid...sigh..., I ended up putting an incorrect email address in the form so I won't get the confirmation email (I didn't check first and filled it in with a ".au" at the end).

My correct email address has no .au

What is the best way to fix that?

Peter

Current Build:     USF Confederacy 1778 - Model Shipways - 1:64

Completed:         US Brig Syren - Model Shipways - 1:64

San Francisco Cross Section - Artesania Latina - 1:50

Future build:        HM Granado - Caldercraft - 1:64

LeRenard - Artesania Latina - 1:50

Peter:

First, welcome to the NRG.  Thanks for your support.

Send an email to Mary at the office nrghomeoffice - at - gmail.com  - substitute @ for the -at- (keep the robots from snagging the email address) and provide your correct email address to her.  She will get it taken care of.

Take care,

Kurt

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

CLUBS

North Shore Deadeyes