hi Nenad........finally getting a chance to look in on your progress.   you did such a good job with the cabin structure.......scratch built,  it looked totally awesome!   you've got such a great idea going......I'm sure you'll come up with better  ;)

to be honest with you though......your first one was Ok  :)

sorry to hear your mother in law is still ill.........hoping for a speedy recovery .

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks all of you for support and nice words

Old Lady is feeling better last two days. I was on a business trip today driving 400 km to the central Serbia and back, just to find that I am a kind of idiot. Instead to drive on regular, but 30 km longer road, I turned to shortcut, finding myself in nowhere (as we said: where wolfs make little wolfs), slow drive with no restaurant no gas station to take a break, never to reach home. Serbia is small, GPS ans IGo leads me and there was no way to lost ... but ...no cars ... no houses ... no people ... Why I have to discover hot water again and again. Nice nature, but ... boooring ... 4 hours instead 2 hours ... Reached home deadly tired... 2 hours napping ... still so tired for office, but not for workshop

And tonight, first stage of first side of first deck house is done. Still needs some putty, and fine and nice trimming, when all four sided will be finished.

This time, every panel detail is on it's place, with error tolerance max 0,5 mm, which I can live with ;)

If somebody is interested, when enlarge, it can be seen technique and method I used ( very narrow strips of veneer cca 0,5 mm wide). Later, putty and paint will fill all little gasps , and I'll mark (cut) line between panel elements manually

post-4738-0-80787500-1444854023_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

I'm glad you made it back home with that drive.   I guess if it was weekend trip it would be fun... 

Deckhouse is stunning. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Glad to hear mother in Law is feeing better.  Taking short cuts are not always the fastest way but glad tou came home safe.  Deck house is looking good.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

looking really good Nenad........exterior decoration must be your calling  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

My "missed" jobs and opportunities, Denis ... with my mileage (56 years) some chances disappeared, when retirement come close ( 8 years left, if I do not decide to continue to work). Short period left eventually to think about to change 32 years of mainly successful and still lasting carrier, but at the same time, long enough for life to show me and bring me different unexpected and more or less significant events which can impact and eventually change my life in unknown direction. Will I marry again? Don't know and don't think about right now (only 4 months passed and I still met Her almost everywhere we were together, even it is dummy gas station on highway I visited today where we had a coffee break during travelling couple of years ago). On the other side, I wouldn't like to reach to my old ages and to stay alone. Kids are pretty near to make their most important life decissions, and who can imagine where at the earth and how they will live, and would it impact my life anyhow.

Anyway, life goes on with all it's spices, and spice must flow

So my work on Her. Returning from Novi Sad and visiting Hothead, bringing him autumn and winter clothes, I continued with works on another side of fore deck house

post-4738-0-25158300-1445024070_thumb.jpg

Now it goes fast and easy

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

You have a good philosophy my friend and yes it seems that the spice must flow.

Deckhouse exterior is looking great.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Another side done. Fore and aft left

post-4738-0-80139400-1445193355_thumb.jpg

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Front panel finished in rough works.

Little "pillar" on the corner was challenge

post-4738-0-28848400-1445281550_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-96415400-1445281513_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-04150900-1445281578_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

The panels look great Nenad.  Better watch-out whenever any woman gives you "THE LOOK"  :o  :D . I think that's something they're all born with. 

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Deck house is looking good, Nenad.  

Hmm... healthy food... I always thought that was the woman's version.  The man's version involves ham, bacon, or beef, and other things like gravies and potatoes.   Yes, my admiral does that to me but not often but then she wonders why I'm never sick so maybe I'll convert her yet.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

You forget beer or two, Mark ;)

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Couple of days I was not master of my time. A lot office works, and hospitals and doctors for Old Lady

Relative quite Friday afternoon, and considering a lot of office job I have to do at weekend, I decided to take free afternoon, and all panels on front deck house are done.

Next stage - fine trimming begin

First, putty and 280 sandpaper

post-4738-0-07570300-1445628882_thumb.jpg

You can see that little gasps between 0,5mm strips are filled, and surface begin to have desired "one piece" look

Oh yes, I have new toy ... ups ... tool

post-4738-0-17577300-1445628945_thumb.jpg

Just left to find somewhere decent pin vise, and I'll have my tools completed. (Yes, I know I lie. Tool virus infected me long ago)

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Panels are looking great Nenad.   B) Congrats on your new tool purchase. We can never have enough!  :P My best to the "Old Lady". 

Cheers

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Panel is looking real nice Nenad and love your new toy.  I am still using the one I bought in 1952 when starting trade school.  It's strictly analog / direct read-out in mm and inches.  I have to guess at the 1/100 though.

Cheers,

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

VOC Ship Surabaya

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Piet, even I like my new tool, still I think that 1/100 is ... Unnecessary. Maybe for Nils, Dan, Jim, Ed, Mark, Denis x 2 ... (to much to mention them all) or another MSW wizard 1/100 means something. For me, half of millimeter is quite enough, rest is my feeling. But, sweet add to my shipyard anyway ;)

First stage of trimming done. Next started

post-4738-0-22763700-1445713387_thumb.jpg

Floor molding is thinner and more in scale, surfaces are smother, gasps and holes filled ...

Why I have feeling that I make some over-do, even it is fun?

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

You didn't over-do that Nenad. That's a superb looking cabin, and will be a beautiful addition to "Her Majesty". 

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

I agree with George.. no such thing as "over-do", Nenad.  The cabin is looking great and will certainly look even better on "Her Majesty".

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Little more over-doing, and with music of Enya, panels for front deckhouse are done

Let's go to middle deck house!!!!

post-4738-0-06087500-1445890039_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-11428500-1445890127_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

That is one nice deckhouse, Nenad.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

The deck-house looks great Nenad.  Now to turn on Pink Floyd's "Several Species of Small Furry Animals - - - - " and finish the middle one.  :P

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Beautiful work Nenad.

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Ahh never boring in my life ... After 10 years without serious malfunction, my car suddenly needs immediate repairing after 200.000 km ... 

You know this feeling - easy driving aprox. speed 100 km/h on highway, starting accelerate to bypassing slower car in front of you, add some force on gas pedal, and ... engine start roaring but speed not following sound ... and you accelerate very very very slow even in regular way your car can jump to 120  km/h in a few seconds  ... unpleasant happening with gooseflesh on neck and something unwanted in stomach ... I do not need this kind of entertainment 

Little mathematics

regular periodical service

+

post-4738-0-25755900-1446050855.jpg

+

some twittering under hood which appears in un-regular and unexpected time

=

250-400€

Huh

And about 4-6 hours, maybe whole day waiting in service to finish repairing

What to do? Cash on sun light, boy !!! Money or death !!!!

In my life circumstances and for a job purpose, I can not live/work without car, so ... 

And the winter is coming ...

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Transmision, I have to replace complet

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Ouch !  I had to do that some years back on a car with a lot less mileage than 100,000 Km. Not fun ! Hope yours is repair quickly.

Tomorrow at 9am, I reserved termin in service which takes care of my car all 10 years

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build: