Half Moon by Anja - Corel - Wood - 1:50 - (d'Halve Maen)

Hello Popeye,

It was our pleasure. A pity though that the card didn't get to you in time.

It took the postal services almost two weeks from sending to delivering. That is long.

Must remember to post a card at least two weeks in advance.

Say hello to Phyllis for me.

Take care,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

didn't matter when we got it..........the feeling and thoughfulness was still there.......it never left ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Anja

beautifull ship, I like your build of the Halfmoon very well, Keep those pics coming in.....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

• 2 months later...
Hej Anja,

I (and I'm surely not the only one) now have patiently waited quite some time for updates..

Hopefully you have a reason and have not giving her up yet ?

Edited by GTM

Best wishes, Theo

Current Project:

Santisima Trinidad -> Build log

Finished Projects:

Smit Rotterdam -> Gallery

I was contacted by a gentleman......he would like to purchase a kit of the half Moon,  and the question was asked which manufacturer would be best...Corel or Billing's.   I know very little about the corel kit, or the instructions,  does Corel have a PDF page on their site,  so the instructions and plans can be seen?  I'd be verey interested in seeing them.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Hello Popeye,

I am really not sure if Corel's Half Moon is any better then the one from Billing Boats.

Corel has a PDF file, but only two pages with pictures, no instructions and plans.

The instruction manual is a real pain in the proverbial backside. At least for me it is.

With Corel you have to read the manual very carefully and take a good look at the plans, before you do anything.

That's something I didn't do and therefore made mistakes.

I can't make any copies of the plans and send them to you, because the plans say 'riproduzione vietata' (all rights reserved).

But if you want, I think it will be ok to post some pictures of the plans here in my log.

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

Hej Anja,

I (and I'm surely not the only one) now have patiently waited quite some time for updates..

Hopefully you have a reason and have not giving her up yet ?

Hello Theo,

I know it has been quite a while since my laste update.

No, I haven't given up on my Half Moon. She is still in dry dock waiting to be finished. And she will be finished, I promise.

In the beginning I was so enthousiastic to start building her, I didn't had a good look at the manual and/or the plans.

And that's what brought me in trouble and caused me to make mistakes, wich I have to solve.

The hull is stained. I'm working on the railings and am in the process of correcting the masts allignments.

In the beginning they fitted perfectly. But now ...... Only one mast fits perfectly.

Once this is finished, I will update my log.

Thank you for looking and and your patience.

Have a great sunday.

Anja

so,  then I guess the Corel plans aren't any better than the Billing's plans.   is the PDF on the Corel site?   the "all rights reserved" pertains to piracy issues for the most part.......no one can copy them.   I've posted the Revell Cutty Sark instructions on another forum for folks to download a copy......Revell has made no attempt to stop me from doing it........heck,  I'm doing them a favor,  because they don't list it in their model PDF page.  they have quite an extensive list.   I don't see any problems posting pictures of them here.   got to go to work now.........I'll be back this evening  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

If you are contemplating any violations of International Law, I'd suggest you talk Sjors into putting it on his log  :D  :P  :D

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Hi Popeye,

The PDF is indeed on the Corel site.  You can find it here: http://www.corel-srl.it/VASCELLISTORICI.html

I will post the 8 sheets with the drawings here. I haven't reduced the size, so just click on them for a bigger picture.

Anja

post-45-0-03193500-1381670476_thumb.jpg   post-45-0-24439000-1381670488_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-36039800-1381670498_thumb.jpg   post-45-0-97102800-1381670508_thumb.jpg  

post-45-0-89752600-1381670518_thumb.jpg   post-45-0-23013800-1381670528_thumb.jpg

post-45-0-93193800-1381670539_thumb.jpg   post-45-0-61964700-1381670549_thumb.jpg

Augie,

You are learning Anja bad things !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I can go into jail because Anja is a Moderator and she need to be at the forum ????????

Back into your cave !!!! ;)

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

If you see any black helicopters over your house, just give up and go quietly.

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

naaaawwwwww!   you only get that,  if you've confessed to seeing UFO's and little green men  :D :D :D :D

I went to the site.......all they show is a description and a few pictures........nothing to really download :(     I feel bad for those who have lost the instructions.   the plans show things that are not in the Billing's plans...kind of neat to see.  thanks for posting them Anja.   I can always come here to view them ......I tried to 'save image',  but it won't let me.

not to worry Sjors.........they'll let you build your ships in jail........you just don't get the luxeury of sharp things and power tools ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I love the log :piratebo5:

I decided to build the Half Moon by Corel as my first wooden ship-model. I hope I can start almost in the mid of November. I had to prepare my working room and know will buy some Tools. As soon as I start I will ask you ALL for help ;) but I will tgry to puiblish a build log too to get tips, hints and improvement.

Will be back soon :dancetl6:

Next: Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde by Euro Model 1:47

Finished: Half Moon Corel;  HMY Royal Caroline Panart; HMB Endeavour Occre 1:54; Fregatte Berlin, Corel, 1:40

A life without dogs is possible... but worth to live?

Popeye,

If you don't mind, I'll be staying in my hobby room…….

Otherwise I'll be sitting between those guys…animaatjes-de-zware-jongens-02514.jpg

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Sjors,

Don't think that'll help much, as we already have your number – and if we have...

In any case, you'll obviously be occupying that vacant space at the back. :D

Anja,

I'm not surprised that you haven't been posting in your build log lately, what with one thing and another... ;) . Great though what you have done.

Kester

Current builds: Sherbourne (Caldercraft) scale – 1/64th;

Statsraad Lehmkuhl (half model) 1/8th" – 1'.

Victory Bow Section (Panart/Mantua) scale – 1/78th  (on hold).

Previous build: Bluenose ll (Billings) scale – 1/100th.

I like how they all seem to have a jumble of the same number :D :D :D   it's plain to see why Anja can't continue.....Sjors needs to move his big  'sterns' over and let her work! {just kidding Sjors} ;)     whatever the reason Anja........I hope you can find some time to continue your build.......you are doing so well on her,   love to see more  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 3 weeks later...

Very lovely ship you have there Anja, it's quite refreshing to see something new.

I'm finding just about everyone builds the victory, endeavour, constitution and Syren (myself included!)

Take care

Rowan

Current Build - US Brig Syren - Model Shipways - 1:64 - 1st wood build

Armed Virginia Sloop with complimentary 8x paint MS paint set - Model Shipways - Ordered 31st October 2013

Victory Cross Section - Corel - Ordered 15th October

Hallo --- get all aboard :pirate41:

I have done it: I ordered the Half Moon by Corel, will be delivered soon (within 4 days they said). I was not sure if I dare to build a wooden ship indeed, but now the way is here and has to be walked. I will open a log - perhaps... not sure if I have the courage to show my first built to all this experts around here... But: There is no expert that became expert by birth. So I hope I can learn and get some help from the friendly shipyard owners in the world :10_1_10:

CU soon with a Half Moon

Edited by maggsl_01

Finished: Half Moon Corel;  HMY Royal Caroline Panart; HMB Endeavour Occre 1:54; Fregatte Berlin, Corel, 1:40

Hello Rowan,

Thank you for your kind words. It is appreciated.

I hope you are feeling better.

Get well soon, so you can start building your Syren and we can all follow.

Anja

Hello Max,

That's great! The Half Moon is very nice ship to build.

Just take your time with it. Study the instructions and the plans.

Looking forward to your buildlog.

I hope you will reserve me a seat in the front row.

Good luck with your build.

Anja

• 1 month later...

I am really prepared for next photos of this great ship. It looks like galleon, am i true? 

Hi, iam 16 years old from SVK,my webpage: http://www.mcerget.webnode.sk/ I currently work on USS Bon Homme Richard. My finished works(just ships here, others on my web).

2014- Aquila 3D

2013-Santa Maria 1/350

2012-Le Phenix 1/150

2011-Golden Hind 1/200

Hello Cergina,

Thank you for looking in at my build.

Yes, it is really time for me to finish her.

But life and and a lot of work got in the way.

The discovery ship the Half Moon was a small and lightly armed galleon, although in VOC documents it is called a Yacht.

And by Emanuel van Meteren (a Flemish Historian) even Vlieboot (flyboat).

Your Bon Homme Richard is coming along nicely.

Thanks again,

Anja

is the Half Moon in an eclipse?  it's a question on all of our lips.   have you progressed,  with the way that she's dressed......let's see the belle of all ships :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I've just stopped by to nudge you a bit like everyone else.  :-)

- Bug

Yep, me too Anja! It's a New Year - time to get back in the shipyard, tell Sjors to move over (after he's made the coffee), and get on with your lovely build.

Looking forward to an update soon ;)

The consensus seems to be pointing back to the shipyard .... who am I to disagree?  All that's required is getting Sjors to move one of his dreadnaughts out of the way !!

Augie

Previous Builds :

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Hello Popeye, Bug, Grant and Augie,

Yes, I know. I should be spending more time on my Half Moon.

I let it languish for much too long now.

I hope I can be of service to you with a small update shortly.

She really needs to be finished.

Thank you all for stopping by and the little 'no pressure, but needed' nudge.

Thank you again,

Anja

Hello Anja,

yes... come back to the shipyard. I startet the Half Moon two months ago and now I am almost ready with the hull. Its so amazing to watch the ship grow step by step...

Cheerio´ :10_1_10: