Good night gentlemen,

Now that you all know what our new model is, we feel we have nothing to hide.

Many factors are taken into consideration when we discuss a new model for our catalog. As you can imagine, having a model of HMS Victory is almost a must for any company. We had it in the past, we wanted to have it again.

We decided we needed to have HMS Victory in our catalog - but we also decided that it would be a very special one. We didn't want to make a Victory model. We wanted to make THE Victory model. Sure, there are many models to be explored and made. We feel the job we have done had to be done on HMS Victory.

The presentation spot is very nice and interesting, with that plot twist wannabe ^_^ but the video you really need to see of this new model... will be public tomorrow.

Stay tuned!

Well done AL producing Bounty’s big brother - well presented!

Got a fine result from the Bounty kit.

Edited by Tim Moore

Tim Moore

Perfect is the enemy of good

In progress

DH.9a Ninak, 1/32, Wingnut Wings

Docked for Repairs

IJN Pre-Dreadnought Battleship Mikasa, 1:200, Hobby Boss
On Deck
The Blue Sky Company, 1:48, Sierra West Models

Completed  

Triumph 3HW, 1/9, Italeri; Fiat 806 Grand Prix 1:12, Italeri; Fifie 1:32, Amati Victory Model; HMS Bounty 1:48, Artesania Latina; Endeavour 1:60; Corel; Miss Severn 1:8, Legend Model Boats; Calypso, Billing Boats; Carmen Fishing Trawler, A.L. ; Dallas Revenue Cutter, A.L., Bluenose, A.L.

If we want choices, the model companies need to be financially successful.  I would never fault a company for looking to make a profit.

As far as another Victory model, as long as they do something unique I love seeing some of the Classics re-imagined.  I would love to see something like the USS Constitution built with the unique construction that Vanguard uses.  I hope we see some build logs on this version of HMS Victory.

Edited by RossR

Completed Build:   HMS Beagle - Occre

Current Builds:       Frigate Diana - Occre  https://modelshipworld.com/topic/33530-frigate-diana-by-rossr-occre-185/

Santisima Trinidad - Occre - Cross Section https://modelshipworld.com/topic/37130-santisima-trinidad-by-rossr-occre-190-cross-section/

On the Shelf:           NRG Half Hull, the US Brig Syren - Model Shipways and USF Essex - Model Shipways

Very neat idea!

A full cutaway of the Victory would be very impressive.

There have been many discussions lately about a first rate with a full interior, so there is definitely interest.

Looking forward to seeing one built!

Edited by GrandpaPhil

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

Hey everyone,  I deleted my “wanna-be” comment.

I realize it didn’t convey the message I intended.

This kit is certainly more of a challenge than I want to undertake.   I hope we get to see a successful build.

“Indecision may or may not be my problem.”
― Jimmy Buffett

Current builds:    Rattlesnake

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

Thanks Gregory.  I updated my comment accordingly.  

Edited by RossR

Completed Build:   HMS Beagle - Occre

Current Builds:       Frigate Diana - Occre  https://modelshipworld.com/topic/33530-frigate-diana-by-rossr-occre-185/

Santisima Trinidad - Occre - Cross Section https://modelshipworld.com/topic/37130-santisima-trinidad-by-rossr-occre-190-cross-section/

On the Shelf:           NRG Half Hull, the US Brig Syren - Model Shipways and USF Essex - Model Shipways

i am a victory fan and while i have one under construction currently (De Agostini) i will be saving my pennies for this one i think. i did like the look of the Occre one but this with the cutaway and individual decks plus the price point has peaked my interest. 

Ships in Drydock for build. De Agostini HMS Victory, BB Dannebrog, Artesania Latina Cutty Sark and Endeavour longboat.

Interesting execution of the Victory :)

Personally I don't like all the aesthetic choices of the cutout (the white gunports), but everyone can decide for themselves to adjust that.

By the way, you have to be a bit of an idiot to rig 104 cannons lol😆...or you'll go crazy after rigging 104 cannons🤣

Currently working on the HMS Sphinx from Vanguard Models

1 hour ago, Ronald-V said:

Interesting execution of the Victory :)

Personally I don't like all the aesthetic choices of the cutout (the white gunports), but everyone can decide for themselves to adjust that.

By the way, you have to be a bit of an idiot to rig 104 cannons lol😆...or you'll go crazy after rigging 104 cannons🤣

We can guarantee our modeler is progressing in therapy 😂

Amazing kit from AL, wish I had the money to build such a model. It would be a master piece to show of at home and model meetings.
How many hours are estimated for this build?

2 hours ago, Artesania Latina said:

We can guarantee our modeler is progressing in therapy 😂

Please visit Therapy for Shipaholics...... 😆

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

hmmmm where is the detail regarding the lighting kit? does it come with it or is it an added extra.?

nothing on the AL site about the lighting kit

Ships in Drydock for build. De Agostini HMS Victory, BB Dannebrog, Artesania Latina Cutty Sark and Endeavour longboat.

6 hours ago, Erik A said:

hmmmm where is the detail regarding the lighting kit? does it come with it or is it an added extra.?

nothing on the AL site about the lighting kit

Lighting set will be available soon. 

We're sorry it's sold separately. Many burocratic problems appear if you want to include electronic items inside a wooden scale model kit...

Figures and paints also sold seperately, although early orders will get the paints for free at the moment.

Are the figures going to be resin or white metal?  Will they be sold as a full set as all the figures shown, or different sets - such as the Nelson scene - seperately?

Bob

Current build Cutty Sark, Mini Mamoli

Finished  King of the Mississippi                     

No trees were harmed by this message, but an awful lot of electrons were put out.

Ok... It looks like the instructions are only available on Youtube. At least the Victory is better than my HMS Supply because it comes with some paper templates. I'm capturing the video instructions one by one, and the video file size is over 7 GB...

24 minutes ago, modeller_masa said:

Ok... It looks like the instructions are only available on Youtube. At least the Victory is better than my HMS Supply because it comes with some paper templates. I'm capturing the video instructions one by one, and the video file size is over 7 GB...

Paper templates are always included in our model when we think they are a help for the assembly, avoiding a lot of measurements and consequent mistakes.

We firmly believe instructions videos are by far superior to the typical instructions with pictures. That doesn't mean we don't understand some people still love classic printed instructions, even if they are clearly not enough for many people to build the models today.