Dear all,

We want to create here a small corner to share with you our news and ideas.

We're also eager to hear your comments, your feedback about our models and products. We try hard to improve everyday in every possible way, and the best way to do this is to pay special attention at your comments.

Many thanks for your support and best regards from Spain from Artesania Latina team.

We're proud to announce that we reached a new agreement to have the license from Hermione's Association, allowing us to put back in the market our great Hermione Lafayette model.

Discover this astonishing model, as well as some related products like a specific figurines set to decorate the ship, a paints set with all the colors you need to complete this replica or our range of tools, at www.artesanialatina.net

You can also visit the website of the Hermione's Association to discover the great work they do: fregate-hermione.com

hermione nuevo-2 copia.jpg

Edited by Artesania Latina

Good to hear you got your agreement in order.  Of all the AL kits the Hermione Lafayette is the kit I want. 

• 1 month later...

Built your San Juan kit many years ago and enjoyed building it immensely - nice to see there's a place for updates here

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch)

under the bench: Admiralty Echo cross-section; MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

• 3 months later...

Dear friends,

The end of the summer is coming and most of us will change the beach and holidays for some fun in our home shipyards.

We're happy to annouce some news today!

We just received the first production of a completely new and revised edition of our classic Botter model. Assembly instructions are completely in video from A to Z - we're sure you'll enjoy them.5158f59aa6902b2c1f8d3a4176f51d5e222e1357_Botter-2.thumb.jpg.74d4c1abe7f6d0dd84d9ef91c6c50dc0.jpg

We also received some of our kits that were out of stock, such as San Juan Nepomuceno and HMS Bounty, and other new items in our catalog, such as a low rpm micromotor to add movement to any model or project or a foldable A2 size cutting mat with a custom design with extra features.

Don't forget to take a look at www.artesanialatina.net for these and much more.

Happy building!

• 1 month later...

Dear friends,

We're happy to announce the arrival to our warehouse of two new items.

The first one, after hearing to our friends and customers asking for it for a long time, is a new edition of our acclaimed Santa Ana model. We present a revised edition to offer the possibility of building the ship as it appeared at Trafalgar battle.

• Artillery from previous model has been completely reworked; new artillery is 100% new, at the correct scale and historically accurate, including carronades.
  • Old diecast boats have been replaced with wooden ones.
  • Lion figurehead is a 100% new design and mold, much more detailed and historically accurate.
  • Instructions have been revised and completed to include how to convert the model in Trafalgar version.
  • Sapele veneer is included so you're able to complete a classic, wooden version in case you don't want to make the painted Trafalgar version suggested.

You can take a deep look at the model here:

And you can take a look at the contents of this new version of the model here:

The second one is a new version of one of our iconic american classics, Harvey. You can take a look at this beauty here:

And here you can discover the contents:

Don't forget to take a look at these and much more at our website.

Many thanks and best regards from Spain!

mistake

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear friends,

We're proud to announce that we reached a new agreement to have the license from Association du Cotre Corsaire, allowing us to put back in the market our great Le Renard model.

This is a revised edition of this kit with some new photoetched parts to improve the assembly experience.

Don't forget to visit www.artesanialatina.net

We're also happy to present a new item in our Micro Tools range: a special micro riveting tool to mark adhesive copper tape and easily create 17x5 copper sheathing. Discover this tool in this video:

Thank you for presenting this.   It is good to see plates with nail detents instead of raised rivet-like bumps.  Will you be making this tool for other scales?  As the plates were typically 48" X 15", this appears to be made for models at about 1:72 scale.  

Thanks

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/33390-hms-victory-by-modeller_masa-mini-mamoli-1325-easy-build/?do=findComment&comment=949265

It looks really nice. I'm using the Silhouette Curio for the ribetting work. It stipples 144 holes per minute, which is hundreds of times slower than the ribetting tool.

Edited by modeller_masa

• 1 month later...

Dear friends,

thank you for your comments and feedback. We plan to add to our catalog this tool for other scales.

We're happy to announce we released today a new, revised edition of Sanson Tugboat model, one of our classics. You can discover all the details in these videos:

On 12/9/2022 at 2:37 PM, allanyed said:

Thank you for presenting this.   It is good to see plates with nail detents instead of raised rivet-like bumps.  Will you be making this tool for other scales?  As the plates were typically 48" X 15", this appears to be made for models at about 1:72 scale.  

Thanks

Hope you will be responding to this inquiry in the near future.  Many thanks for your help

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

• 5 months later...

Dear friends,

We're happy to announce we have some news!!!

We have released a new edition of one of our best sellers, ATLANTIC TUGBOAT, a full plastic hull model ready to be converted to R/C.

We also have three completely revised editions in our beginners range, small but astonishing models full of details.

SAINT MALO

HMS BOUNTY JOLLY BOAT

LA PROVENÇALE

Thank you for your support and best regards from Spain.

• 2 months later...

Dear friends,

We're happy to announce we have some important news today!

We're releasing a 100% new Santisima Trinidad model, with the configuration and appearance it had at Trafalgar. You can discover this astonishing new model, faithfully reproduced, at last, here:

That is awesome! Thank you for doing this. I'll probably thank you in a way that really matters by buying a kit 😁

Regards, Keith

gallery_1526_572_501.jpg 2007 (completed): HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina  gallery_1526_579_484.jpg 2013 (completed): Viking Ship Drakkar - Amati  post-1526-0-02110200-1403452426.jpg 2014 (completed): HMS Bounty Launch - Model Shipways

post-1526-0-63099100-1404175751.jpg Current: HMS Royal William - Euromodel

I guess this kit is from the Russian kits by DeAgostini.ru. The company launched similar kits earlier than AL. It may explain why the recent AL kits are superior to the old kits. 

The DeAgostini sells magazine subscription kits, like the Hachette. The total price is higher than AL, and the Russian magazines are not available in many regions. I'm interested in Le Soleil Royal, which is also shown on the DA site.

On 9/15/2023 at 3:57 PM, modeller_masa said:

I guess this kit is from the Russian kits by DeAgostini.ru. The company launched similar kits earlier than AL. It may explain why the recent AL kits are superior to the old kits. 

The DeAgostini sells magazine subscription kits, like the Hachette. The total price is higher than AL, and the Russian magazines are not available in many regions. I'm interested in Le Soleil Royal, which is also shown on the DA site.

Dear friend,

As you said and anyone inside this hobby knows, we have worked and work with different companies that offer subscriptions / collections in different ways.

This model was developed for DeAgostini, now it's offered as a one-shot kit under our brand. VASA and Soleil Royal followed the same path.

By the way we would like to notice that we don't work with different approach or quality standards when we work for an external company or for us, the kits we have made / reedited in the last years are proof of it. Quality is the same, materials are the same, dedication is the same.

Many thanks and best regards!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2023 at 12:15 PM, Artesania Latina said:

Dear friends,

We're happy to announce we have some important news today!

We're releasing a 100% new Santisima Trinidad model, with the configuration and appearance it had at Trafalgar. You can discover this astonishing new model, faithfully reproduced, at last, here:

I'm very pleased to say that Artesania Latina have been kind enough to offer me a sample of this new release for review on MSW, and I look forward to taking a close look at it.

I look forward to that review!

As if my list of works in progress was not long enough, I feel that ST should be added.

Finished: Billings Nordkap / Billings Boulogne Etaples / Billings Evelyn / Billings Elbjorn

In progress: Billings HMS Endeavour / Billings HMS Bounty / Caldercraft HMS Pickle / Amati HMS Vanguard / Caldercraft HMS Victory / Caldercraft HMS Badger / Caldercraft HMS Diana / Caldercraft HMS Snake / Amati HMS Pegasus

In the dim distant past: Model Slipway Wyeforce / Mountfleet Models Boston Typhoon (abandoned build) / Bluejacket Charles P. Notman (abandoned)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have seen a couple modern day cross section models of Victory that show shelves in the hold like in the photo above but I cannot find any contemporary plans or contemporary models or other contemporary based information that shows/describes shelves in the hold in midships.   If anyone can provide information on these based on contemporary sources I would be very interested to see this and would also like to know if these existed on other rates and if they were appropriate to a certain era.  

Many thanks

Allan

The 100-gun Ship Victory by John McKay has full sets of cross-sections of Victory.  They are quite excellent.

Edited by GrandpaPhil

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me