Coffee mugs

Same here.  I think I've even asked about them before, and was told the reason as to why they were no longer available.  Of course, I've forgotten the reason. :D

Alan

3 hours ago, Altduck said:

Maybe his coffee eats thru the bottom of the mug.....

Is there such a thing as "too strong" coffee?

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

56 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Only when it starts to turn from liquid to solid. 

Edited by Keith Black

5 minutes ago, Keith Black said:

Only when it starts to turn from liquid to solid. 

Sort of like military coffee then?   Came in semi-liquid and "chewy" n the various line shacks and mess halls as I recall.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

10 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Came in semi-liquid and "chewy" n the various line shacks and mess halls as I recall.

Marine Corp coffee could substitute as a meal when necessity required. 

Navy coffee, on the other hand, was for connoisseurs!     We made port visits in Australia a few many years ago and a cup of the wardroom java was a must-have for visitors.    (I highly recommend choosing a service where you can take your diningroom and bedroom on every trip.)

Edited by rcweir
correction

Bob

current build                               past builds

Mayflower - Model Shipways - 1:76.8                              USS Peary (DD 226) - Tehnoart Ltd - 1:96 (gallery)

upcoming builds                                                                     USS DeHaven (DD 727) - Tehnoart Ltd - 1:192

Statenjacht - Kolderstok - 1:50                                            USS Robert E. Peary (FF 1073) - 1:250

Fluytschip - Kolderstok - 1:72   

On 11/3/2023 at 7:50 AM, bushman32 said:

was wondering if the NRG has any plans to bring back the coffee mugs.

At the present time no.  Sorry but it is an inventory issue.

Kurt

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS

CLUBS

Nautical Research & Model Ship Society of Chicago

Midwest Model Shipwrights

North Shore Deadeyes

The Society of Model Shipwrights

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

16 hours ago, kurtvd19 said:

Sorry but it is an inventory issue.

Kurt, is it a lack of space to store the inventory or lack of money to procure the inventory? 

Space.  The NRG office is in our home.

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

CLUBS

North Shore Deadeyes

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

45 minutes ago, kurtvd19 said:

Space.  The NRG office is in our home.

I knew the NRG office was in your home so I figured that lack of space was the issue. I also assume that all NRG items currently for sale are stored in your home? if that's the case it's not right that your home has to be used as the NRG warehouse.

I'm aware of the NRG's tight budget but having ample space to store NRG merchandise outside your home is something I feel is an issue that should be addressed and that we the NRG membership should be given the opportunity to financially support maintaining a space outside your home to warehouse all NRG merchandise and any non merchandise NRG items needing to be stored.

I for one am sorry I never considered the sacrifice you and Mary have made over the years in this regard as it never crossed my mind. my apologies. 

KEITH:

The NRG does not move fast.  I think it is one of the reasons we have lasted 75 years.  Having limited storage space has kept us from ordering too much at one time, has made us really think before committing to new products, but has not hindered us much.  The coffee cups were not moving at all.  Nearly everybody had one or more and we were actually giving them away as door prizes, etc.  It's going to be awhile before we have more storage space and maybe by then we will be able to find cups that are affordable.

Take care.

Kurt Van Dahm

Director

NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD

www.thenrg.org

CLUBS

North Shore Deadeyes

Butch O'Hare - IPMS

Kurt, I wasn't even thinking about coffee mugs in my previous post. I was thinking about NRG's current inventory and how it doesn't seem it fair that you and Mary are burdened storing those item. Thank you for your willingness to do so.  

On 11/3/2023 at 7:46 PM, mtaylor said:

Have you ever tried coffee brewed by a Swede?😄

The spoon is supposed to be able to stand on it's own in the cup.....🙂

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

2 hours ago, Nirvana said:

Have you ever tried coffee brewed by a Swede?😄

The spoon is supposed to be able to stand on it's own in the cup.....🙂

That does sound like the military coffee I had in some places, but not all.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds: