Ferrari 288 GTO Yellow by CDW - Fujimi Enthusiast Series - 1:24 Scale

Nice photos of an M-60A1....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Oh, she's named "brenda" although those letters don't make it easy to read....

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

• 2 weeks later...

Great deal.... What you need always seems to eventually find it's way onto evilbay....

Quote:

Yesterday, the donor kit I ordered from Ebay arrived. The only parts I can see that are missing is the engine block and heads. Everything else is there, all the parts necessary to build a curbside model with a lot of extra parts left over. The vendor actually had two of these offered for sale. I liked the one I bought so much, I went and ordered his second kit, also for $20. It's worth more than that just as parts.

DSCN4007.thumb.JPG.5a9a707e2a1db65192fb1f2ce04c1e34.JPGDSCN4008.thumb.JPG.4aa230bb6e64e653b8e1ae3e56ca9855.JPG

Then as fate would have it, quite by accident, found my missing tire and wheel from the kit I was building. It had fallen down between some boxes in a place I could not see until I moved the boxes while looking for something else. 😅

DSCN4009.JPG.0fcbbeb755eef223f0e63745234c5b07.JPG 

So my next project will be finishing my Ferrari 288 GTO Yellow! 😁

44 minutes ago, CDW said:

Yesterday, the donor kit I ordered from Ebay arrived. The only parts I can see that are missing is the engine block and heads. Everything else is there, all the parts necessary to build a curbside model with a lot of extra parts left over. The vendor actually had two of these offered for sale. I liked the one I bought so much, I went and ordered his second kit, also for $20. It's worth more than that just as parts.

DSCN4007.thumb.JPG.5a9a707e2a1db65192fb1f2ce04c1e34.JPGDSCN4008.thumb.JPG.4aa230bb6e64e653b8e1ae3e56ca9855.JPG

Then as fate would have it, quite by accident, found my missing tire and wheel from the kit I was building. It had fallen down between some boxes in a place I could not see until I moved the boxes while looking for something else. 😅

DSCN4009.JPG.0fcbbeb755eef223f0e63745234c5b07.JPG 

So my next project will be finishing my Ferrari 288 GTO Yellow! 😁

Thats called  Fate  Craig  -  it led  you  to  finding them  Two jems.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

6 hours ago, CDW said:

...as fate would have it, quite by accident, found my missing tire and wheel from the kit I was building. It had fallen down between some boxes in a place I could not see until I moved the boxes while looking for something else.

Yep, that happens all too often....  Good that you found it...

Quote:

Isn't that the truth. Kit hardware disappearing into the 4th Dimension on Monday, found on Wednesday while searching for a different widget. 😁

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

I think the glitch in the matrix was working normally..... you lose a part, order another one along with more stuff, and then lost part suddenly shows up.  Or maybe it's gremlins.....????

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Posted (edited)

Here is a pristine body fresh out of the factory sealed plastic bag. There are two areas of interest I would like to point out. First notice there are three “gills” located directly behind the rear wheel well openings. The plastic body directly behind these gills should be thinned down by sanding and filing, then the gills be opened up so you can see through with some fine mesh wire attached to the back side. Next in the second photo, notice that mid-way in the rocker panel underneath the door is a small indention. This should also be opened up with fine screen mesh on the back side as these are air scoops to help cool brakes and turbochargers. 
I was not aware of this until after I painted my car body, so I may take this opportunity to correct this oversight now, then paint and use this fresh new body on my model. 

IMG_6211.thumb.jpeg.d5a28576fa831bdfffd709691d138fe8.jpegIMG_6212.thumb.jpeg.834e323912d0f92c168a8d71755f7386.jpeg

Edited by CDW
typo correction

Posted (edited)

Good tip, Craig. I have some slots in underframes I need to open up for brake rigging. And I do have a box of Swann-Morton #11 blades. Didn't realize they are thinner. Thanks.

Ken

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Worked on other projects this week, but one of those projects was about all I want to know about the subject...installed a new door gasket on a front load washing machine. Man, that thing gave me a workout. I count my blessings it was indoor work. The heat/heat index has been ridiculously hot this week.

All week I looked forward to today. There was a model car show in a neighboring county, and I showed up bright and early to see the model cars and vendors. Walked off with a few nice kits and took a lot of photos of the model car entries. A nice venue and a large crowd supported the show. I did not enter any models in this show because that requires you stay the entire day. I didn't feel like hanging out there all day long.

IMG_6236 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6237 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6238 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6239 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6241 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6242 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6243 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6244 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6245 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6246 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6247 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6248 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6250 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6251 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6252 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6253 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6254 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6255 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6256 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6257 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6258 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6259 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6261 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6262 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6263 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6264 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6265 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6266 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6267 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6268 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6269 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6270 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6271 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6272 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6273 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6274 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6275 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6276 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6277 Cropped.jpg

IMG_6278 Cropped.jpg

That  is  some  collection   amazing  models.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Quite the show. Somebody was a huge Richard Petty fan, even had the Petty blue paint nailed. 😊

Ken

41 minutes ago, Canute said:

Quite the show. Somebody was a huge Richard Petty fan, even had the Petty blue paint nailed. 😊

Someone sure was a Petty fan. He even had the car Petty "rented" for one race, the number 6 green Monte Carlo.

I saw Petty race at several Firecracker 400's on July 4th at Daytona. I was young when I went to those races way back then. Today, I would not want to sit through that heat for that long. It makes me realize how huge a fan was my dad for taking me to all those kinds of events when I was a kid. My dad loved racing, and he didn't care what kind of racing it was. Horse racing, buggy/trotter racing, motorcycle, sprint cars, clay track, hydroplanes. just everything. 

The vendor tables were well stocked at the show as well. Among a few other other things I brought these home.

IMG_6279.thumb.jpeg.9fbc2e5295817b988c6849a85b66611e.jpegIMG_6281.thumb.jpeg.417870559a0efddef415e3b061c0e47e.jpeg

Didn’t have any plans for a 1:35 PT boat, but the price was right so I snagged it. Good trading material if nothing else.

The Iwata HP-CS airbrush is smooth as silk. A great all-around airbrush. If you find one for $75 or less at a swap meet, do yourself a favor and grab it. You won’t regret it.

4 hours ago, CDW said:

If you find one for $75 or less at a swap meet, do yourself a favor and grab it. You won’t regret it.

Yeah, since they run around 170-180 new... I wouldn't regret it either... (even if I haven't a clue on how to use one)

Quote:

Cant wait for you  to do a  log  on the  MTB.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

33 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

Cant wait for you  to do a  log  on the  MTB.

OC.

It may not be long. My niece and her husband both work in the maritime industry. She is an executive for an ocean-going tug company, and he is the first mate on a super-tanker. Their new home is decorated with many nautical items, and I mentioned to him he needed a ship model on display. I am going to give him several choices with that PT boat being one, and then build his choice for display in their new home. Will wait to see what he decides he would prefer.  

Edited by CDW

22 minutes ago, CDW said:

It may not be long. My niece and her husband both work in the maritime industry. She is an executive for an ocean-going tug company, and he is the first mate on a super-tanker. Their new home is decorated with many nautical items, and I mentioned to him he needed a ship model on display. I am going to give him several choices with that PT boat being one, and then build his choice for display in their new home. Will wait to see what he decides he would prefer.  

Sounds good mate.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.