Triumph 3HW by Tim Moore - Italeri - 1/9

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, yvesvidal said:

As Craig indicated, there are a lot of 1/9 scale old motorcycles from Italeri, ESCI and from PROTAR (before Italeri bought back the molds). These models are rare, cost an arm and a leg on E-Bay and are not easy to build. The NORTON 500 MANX comes to mind, as well as the ZUNDAPP and BMW.

Take a look at this Japanese artist at http://kimshouse7015.com/index.html      In my humble opinion, he is THE BEST !!!!

Tr3_frntrgt.jpg.c960ca6b23943de230f9e633b09f5e0b.jpg

Above is one of his models based on the same kit you just finished.

After this fantastic rendition of the Triumph you just built, you should look into the next candidate.

Yves

Awesome-looking bike right there!

I bookmarked that page, too.

Edited by CDW

2 hours ago, yvesvidal said:

As Craig indicated, there are a lot of 1/9 scale old motorcycles from Italeri, ESCI and from PROTAR (before Italeri bought back the molds). These models are rare, cost an arm and a leg on E-Bay and are not easy to build. The NORTON 500 MANX comes to mind, as well as the ZUNDAPP and BMW.

Take a look at this Japanese artist at http://kimshouse7015.com/index.html      In my humble opinion, he is THE BEST !!!!

Tr3_frntrgt.jpg.c960ca6b23943de230f9e633b09f5e0b.jpg

Above is one of his models based on the same kit you just finished.

After this fantastic rendition of the Triumph you just built, you should look into the next candidate.

Yves

If you check into it, I'm pretty sure at least some of these "Italeri" motorcycle kits were actually produced in Japan. Maybe produced there for Italeri? Anyway, I just checked yesterday on Ebay by running generic searches...found 1:9 BMW's, 1:9 Zundapps, 1:9 Trumpets, 1:9 Harley Davidsons. Many for less cost that you might think. In some cases, $50 or just a shade more. Even AMT Blueprinter boxed and sold the 1:9 kits in a generic white box with black print. No graphics. It's all the same plastic inside. I actually have examples of them in my stash, so I can say this for certain. They came boxed as Italeri, AMT, ESCI, Aurora, and more. they are all the same kits.

17 hours ago, Tim Moore said:

Just finishing up the handlebars and a few other mechanicals.

And the Next "Honey I shrunk the Bike" Award goes to.....

TIM!!!!

Congratulations Sir!!!

Fantastic result..... Anyone in pics would be hard pressed to tell the difference between model and real...

VERY VERY well done....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Outstanding work.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

23 hours ago, Egilman said:

And the Next "Honey I shrunk the Bike" Award goes to.....

TIM!!!!

Congratulations Sir!!!

Fantastic result..... Anyone in pics would be hard pressed to tell the difference between model and real...

VERY VERY well done....

Haha very good thanks Egilman. 

Tim Moore

Perfect is the enemy of good

In progress

IJN Pre-Dreadnought Battleship Mikasa, 1:200, Hobby Boss

On Deck
DH.9a Ninak, 1/32, Wingnut Wings
The Blue Sky Company, 1:48, Sierra West Models

Completed  

Fiat 806 Grand Prix 1:12, Italeri; Fifie 1:32, Amati Victory Model; HMS Bounty 1:48, Artesania Latina; Endeavour 1:60; Corel; Miss Severn 1:8, Legend Model Boats; Calypso, Billing Boats; Carmen Fishing Trawler, A.L. ; Dallas Revenue Cutter, A.L., Bluenose, A.L.

Very nicely done!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Thanks to everyone for dropping in….like the sound of the Manx bike for a future project, and am totally humbled by Kim’s house motorcycle model collection. Just some more cabling to finish, decals and final detail painting etc and I’ll wrap this up. Still have to go back and reset the slightly troublesome fork/frame connection so it works correctly. For the saddlebags I glued on a bit of old thin denim on the plastic and then stained it. Probably not quite scale but hoped it would visually suggest a canvas type fabric. 

IMG_0738.jpeg

IMG_0739.jpeg

Tim Moore

In progress

On Deck

Completed  

Fiat 806 Grand Prix 1:12, Italeri; Fifie 1:32, Amati Victory Model; HMS Bounty 1:48, Artesania Latina; Endeavour 1:60; Corel; Miss Severn 1:8, Legend Model Boats; Calypso, Billing Boats; Carmen Fishing Trawler, A.L. ; Dallas Revenue Cutter, A.L., Bluenose, A.L.

Those spokes look pretty good against a dark background…

IMG_0740.jpeg

Tim Moore

In progress

On Deck

Completed  

Superb work.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

The bike looks absolutely fantastic, Tim. I really like, how you nailed the materials appearance of everything. The paint has the right shine as have the different metals and dullness is where it belongs. Hard to achieve, but great to look at, congratulations.

Cheers Rob

Current builds:   "Big Tank" Crocker OHV motorcycle by DocRob - Model Factory Hiro - 1/9 
                             McLaren Mp4/6 - Ayrton Senna - Fujimi - 1/20 - paused
                             Duchess of Kingston - paused 

Finished builds: F4U-1A Corsair - Tamiya 1/32

USS Arizona 1/350 Eduard
                             Caudron C.561 French Racing Plane 1/48
                             Nachtigall on Speed Arado 234 B-2N by DocRob - 1/32 - Fly

Renault RE20 Turbo - Tamiya - 1/12
                             P-38J Wicked Woman - Tamiya - 1/48
                             AEG G.IV Creature of the Night - WNW - 1/32

Awesome build, Tim.

Looks like I could just get on it and ride.

2 issues (if you are depicting a Brit military machine).

In period, there wouldn't be wrap around exhaust pipe (to this day, I've never understood the appeal).

Colour:- Olive Drab/ Khaki Brown/RAF Blue.

Oh, and no shiny spokes!

Thanks for the ride. Just re-licensed my two classics.

My TT days are long gone.

Don't miss the wind and rain one bit!

11 hours ago, DocRob said:

The bike looks absolutely fantastic, Tim. I really like, how you nailed the materials appearance of everything. The paint has the right shine as have the different metals and dullness is where it belongs. Hard to achieve, but great to look at, congratulations.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob, appreciate your comments, great to hear from the North Channel!  Just took a look at your Crocker build, wow that is going to be pretty amazing methinks. I will have to pass on Egilmans ‘honey I shrunk the bike’ award to you when you pull that together. 

Tim Moore

In progress

On Deck

Completed  

8 hours ago, shipman said:

Awesome build, Tim.

Looks like I could just get on it and ride.

2 issues (if you are depicting a Brit military machine).

In period, there wouldn't be wrap around exhaust pipe (to this day, I've never understood the appeal).

Colour:- Olive Drab/ Khaki Brown/RAF Blue.

Oh, and no shiny spokes!

Thanks for the ride. Just re-licensed my two classics.

My TT days are long gone.

Don't miss the wind and rain one bit!

Thanks Shipman, and you are quite right, I have demonstrated a willful disregard for historical authenticity! To be honest I thought about a desert version but it came down to paint I had on hand.

Tim Moore

In progress

On Deck

Completed  

On 5/26/2024 at 4:12 AM, CDW said:

Hey Tim

If you search around, you can find from Italeri, the BMW with and without a sidecar, the Zundap with and without a sidecar, and the Harley Davidson 45 V-twin. All are in 1:9 scale and often came boxed and sold by other companies. All are WW2 vintage, like the Triumph.

indeed.
There was also a VW kubelwagen and an NSU kettenkrad.
They were fun to build.

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 5/29/2024 at 2:01 AM, Tim Moore said:

Those spokes look pretty good against a dark background…

they look fantastic as the rest of the bike. The treatment of the various materials is exceptionally well done.

You should start one of the other bikes and post it here.

Congrats,

Dan

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48F104S Starfighter - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart

19 hours ago, Tim Moore said:

I have demonstrated a willful disregard for historical authenticity! To be honest I thought about a desert version but it came down to paint I had on hand.

Hey a postwar civilianized version is just as historically accurate.... {chuckle} (and this one looks so accurate I would like to go ride one myself)

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"