ROYAL CAROLINE 1749 by Doris - 1:40 - CARD

Wow what a progress Doris, the new crowns are beautiful, the handpumps magnificent. If it is a rainy day and I do not want to go out to the museum I simply browse your log.

Regards,

John

<span style='font-family: courier new'>In progress: <a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/177-king-of-the-mississippi-artesania-latina-scale-180/'>King of the Mississippi</a></span><br />

<br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'>Completed : <a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/176-mare-nostrum-4331-artesania-latina-scale-135/'>Mare Nostrum 4331</a></span><br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/51-16th-century-galeass-imai-scale-1160/'>16th century Galeass</a></span><br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://members.upc.nl/carla.en.john/Modelbouw/Rocket.htm'>George Stephenson Rocket Locomotive</a></span><br />

<br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'>Next build : sl Louise</span>

This is always a joy to view.  Congratulations on excellent work Doris.

Regards,

Bill

Mediocrity will never do. You are capable of something better.” ― Gordon B. Hinckley

Current build: Sovereign of the Seas 1637

My Book: Carving Ornamentation for Ship Models  

Doris, your work is stunning as always! The improved crowns just show your determination to make this model as perfect as possible. Always a joy to look at your build log and progress!

Sherry

Every goodbye is the birth of a memory...

Current Build: San Felipe

Finished Builds: Mayflower Build Log

Gallery: Mayflower

Now I know it for sure…..

You are not from this world!

Excellent work!

We don't here from you for a while and then….there she is with even more WOW factor building!

Thanks Doris

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Hi Doris,

I somehow missed your return. I am a huge fan of your beautiful work. The standard of your sculpted figures and decorations is simply amazing. Thanks for sharing your work with the rest of us.

Hi Doris -

Your talent and artistry leave me breathless.  The crowns, the carvings, the figures set a standard that I doubt that I will ever reach.  Wonderful use of color and texture.  I will continue to be a devoted follower of your build.  Thank you for sharing.

I have one suggestion, if I may - the pumps as drawn on the plans would interfere with both the cabin doors and the stairways, once you install them.  You might consider rotating them 45 degrees forward, which was not uncommon in the era.  This clears both access paths and also gives the sailor working the pump a larger space, possibly enough for two men on the handle at one time if needed.  I may be wrong, so feel free to ignore this idea.

Dan

Current build -SS Mayaguez (c.1975) scale 1/16" = 1' (1:192) by Dan Pariser

Prior scratch builds - Royal yacht Henrietta, USS Monitor, USS Maine, HMS Pelican, SS America, SS Rex, SS Uruguay, Viking knarr, Gokstad ship, Thames River Skiff , USS OneidaSwan 42 racing yacht  Queen Anne's Revenge (1710) SS Andrea Doria (1952), SS Michelangelo (1962) , Queen Anne's Revenge (2nd model) USS/SS Leviathan (1914),  James B Colgate (1892),  POW bone model (circa 1800) restoration

Prior kit builds - AL Dallas, Mamoli Bounty. Bluejacket America, North River Diligence, Airfix Sovereign of the Seas

"Take big bites.  Moderation is for monks."  Robert A. Heinlein

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

I had contact with Doris about an article for the Model Ship Builder Journal.

She just let me know that she will be away for a couple of weeks, maybe without internet connection.

She sends her greetings to you all. She is looking forward to returning.

Take care,

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

• 1 month later...

Fabulous Doris, just fabulous !! You are a true artist.

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Very, very interesting. I just discovered this blog and since paper modeling and the Royal Caroline have my interest I'm more than average interested.

Building: San Felipe

my build log: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/2586-san-felipe-by-robboxxx-mantua-panart-severely-kit-bashed/

Waiting in the wings:

Lauckstreets: Fair American

Mamoli's: Royal Louis

Hello dear friends,

thank you very much for your comments and kind words, I am pleased and appreciate your favor a lot.

Please, excuse my absence, I have remembered you a lot and looked forward to returning. Now I continue with modeling, not only with Royal Caroline, but also with another ship - Royal William (a scratch build from card). http://modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=177&t=65285&p=1472555#p1471636

And moreover I am making some plastic models of sport cars.http://modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=76469&start=45#p1465823

I have changed some parts and colours on Royal Caroline to achieve more realistic result.Tomorrow I will bring new pics and description.

I would need more time for everything, but during summer holidays it could be better (maybe). B)

Kind regards

Doris

Doris

Current build:

HMS Royal Katherine 1664 from card

Hello dear friends,

Thank you very much for your comments. And also thank Anja and Sjors  for congratulations . Your words mean a lot to me.

What´s new on Royal Caroline.... Today i am bringing newest pics, there are finished some details on the fore deck (belfry and other fitting with belaying pins). All is hand made (except the bell) without using special tools.

20130503184638-205225-v.jpg20130503184654-205227-v.jpg20130503184709-205229-v.jpg20130503184729-205230-v.jpg20130503184804-205232-v.jpg

Edited by DORIS

Doris

Current build:

HMS Royal Katherine 1664 from card

Hi Doris,

I can watch this for hours and hours…….

Really amazing and beautiful again

This is a pleasure for the eye.

I'm a Commodore now but when I see this i'm a rookie  :D

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

your work is superb Doris.........I'm still in the process of getting back all the builds I was watching.   ohhhhhh,  I went back quite a few pages......your work is so beautiful :)    it astounds me how crisp and clean your art work is........love your work!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch