Bomb Vessel Granado 1742 by mobbsie - FINISHED - 1/48 - cross-section

Very well done, mate ...... all around.  Thanks for sharing with us.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Well done Mobbsie, all look great but think Grenado takes the biscuit.

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

Stunning work, Mobbsie.    And yes, you've had a busy year.  

Now about the rest of the year...   ;)  :D

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Guys,

Thanks all, I would also like to thank both Jeff Staudt for excellent drawings and Jeff Hays for providing me with perfect timber all milled to size because of my lack of some tools, cheers gents.

Next up will be the Armed Pinnace "Lancia Armarta 1803", it's a kit so I'll be back on familiar ground.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Mobbsie,

Spectacuar! You have a wonderful "little" project to show off. I too am impressed that you have accomplished so much in one short year.

Congratualtions,

Dave B

Current build: HMS Pegasus, English Pinnace (on hold)

Completed build: MS BluenoseSkippercraft

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Laurence / Guys

Thank you very much for your kind words and Christmas Wishes.

I would like to wish both you and Bernadette a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

To all my friends here on MSW I would like to extend my Christmas Wishes and all the very best of Health and Happiness for the coming year.

Mark I truly hope and pray that Janet finds the pain relief she rightly deserves and to all who have health issues may the New Year bring lasting relief.

I wish you all many hours of happy modelling.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,

Beautifully!!done Tony...... sorry I'm so late ..... your redo came out really nice too , best wishes to you and your family for the New Year!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Man Tony, I go away for a while, come back and you've finished another one.  Great job as always....

Have a great 2016, I'll be visiting you on your next build...

Wes Cook

Current Build: USF Constitution (Model Shipways)

USF Essex (Scratch build)

MS Syren (build log lost, need to rebuild)

Future Builds: MS Confederacy

• 6 months later...

Hi Zoltan,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and checking out the log.

Unfortunately I am unable to comply with your request due to a major problem I had with my Laptop, it totally crashed and I have lost all my data and most of my photos, unfortunately Like the idiot I am most of my stuff wasn't backed up.

I had Windows 7 and liked that a lot but unfortunately I now have Windows 10 and hate it, mainly because I cant find my way around.

The good news is that you can use the data you requested and sent to you by Grant on the 30th May, it's all the same data as Grant sent it to me in the first place. I contacted Grant on your behalf and asked him to send you the data, that's when he told me he had already sent it to you.

I wish you well on your current build and in the future.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie

Hi Zoltan,

I'm afraid I cant give you the information you require, it was all part of my data loss when the Laptop crashed.

It will take a bit of work but you can find out what you need to know by checking out the spreadsheet from Grant, you have one of papers showing the timber ordered and another with loads of data regarding the parts, thickness's and lengths, also what type of timber to use, it really is your bible  throughout this build and is testament to the hard work that Grant has put in on this.

You will be able to do research on this as you continue with your Armed Virginia Sloop.

Good Luck mate

mobbsie

mobbsie

• The title was changed to Bomb Vessel Granado 1742 by mobbsie - FINISHED - 1/48 - cross-section