Gothenborg by Popeye the sailor - Billing Boats - 1:100 scale

some call them thongs  {not to be confused with :blush: }    I'm wearing a pair right now  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

some call them thongs  {not to be confused with :blush: }    I'm wearing a pair right now  :)

Where is the do not like button,  DO NOT LIKE!!!!! :P

-Adam

Edited by SkerryAmp

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull

There's just TMI here...  I think I'll move along to the next log.. :D  :D :D  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Your Goth is progressing nicely, Popeye. Strange place here...Sjors reserves you a rocking chair, we digress to flip-flops, Sherry suggest you need the commode and then Adam brought in thongs. I get so confused!

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

I know what you mean Wayne.......nothing wrong with a little banter :)   now that I've gotten through with my work week,  I can work some more on the Goth and get some more pictures up.   I've been looking over the pictures again........mainly at the brace riggings.  I need to tie on some more blocks.....it won't too hard though.  then the mis ship needs some work.....things I want to add.   more progress soon  :)

I call them flip flops as well.........Gibbs calls them chew toys though,  so I have to keep an eye on them.  lately,  I've been having to keep an eye out for under our bed........seems to be his hide out ;)    crazy dog!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

I can see where this thread is going Popeye, and it won't be long before you're sitting at  that table with Commodore Augie and Commodore  

You Know Who, :P  :P just a quick word on the Goth......she's looking real good... your work has been outstanding!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Teen means Toe in English Andy,

And slippers are just shoes.

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Must be Olde English!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

comodore Sjor, 

is so much more

is so very chatty,

and could drink you to the floor

some folks say

he can stick it ayway

1/2 pint 'o whiskey

every day

Aristotle, 

Aristotle

was a beggar for the bottle

'an awefully fond of his ram

'an Winsdale Scott

was a drunk'in phart

I drink.....

therefore I am! 

{edited excert from  "the philosopher's drink song" by Monty Python}  example:  F = PH  cunningly funny!

thanks Frank...........only 188 more to go!   I'd have something on the Goth,  but I've run into technical difficulties with the Half Moon,  and I'm working to resolve it.......more on that at Eleven ;)    I have to get the main mast in order now anyway........gotta be able to do the lower fore stays,  before I can finish the shrouds.   I'm so happy to be rigging.........thanks for the good word ;)

I always thought that  'flip flop' was a universal term!  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

After thought:     I should have done the 'ph' thing all through it..........then it would have looked really kool!

opps!  187 now...............Hee..........Hee        MORE WINE!!!!!!    :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 2 weeks later...

OK.........meanwhile back at the Gothenborg............and now for something completely different

I know I promised to get something up here last night,  but I was so full of taco...I couldn't move ;)

so previously,  I mentioned something about a pair of pulley assemblies that pertain to the catheads.  I had cemented a pair of blocks to the catheads to accept this bit of rigging.  the purpose for it,  I think,  is to counter the pull of the anchors {don't quote me on it}.  I tied a couple of blocks to the lower eye bolt on the bow stem.

post-612-0-13329600-1376505510_thumb.jpg

I also created the eyelets for the futocks on the main mast top.

post-612-0-70413600-1376505583_thumb.jpg

a piece of rigging thread was tied to the port cathead block,  and the pulley assembly was established

post-612-0-51690400-1376505671_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-80080700-1376505686_thumb.jpg

I went to do it to the starboard side,  but the block pulled out of it,  so now I'm waiting for another one to dry....for a re-attempt. 

I took the dog across the street,  to the field earlier........I know of a black rasberry patch that I have been raiding.   I went out picking this morning......and now I'm going to take a break and make some muffins.......never a dull moment here at the wharf!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

hi there Sjors.......I downloaded skype........all I need now is the web cam and mic.   it'll be a couple days before I can get it together.  bear with me......I'm a bit unfamiliar with all this funny stuff.   thanks for looking in and the good word ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

thanks John..........I picked back up on her right after the AmericA was finished.   I've done a bit of work on her already.....I'm going by all the pictures I have of her.   seasick worked on her for a spell and got me a bunch more,  so I have quite a few.   the sad part of it,  is there are no decorations for the stern......I'm not even going to try and carve them...never done it before.  but,  yea....she's back on the table.

thanks for the good word.........glad your back!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I"m not going to say it......... I'll let Sjors ask you for more pictures :P

USRC "ALERT"

I'll have more soon Frank.......I know  'he who has no name' is lurking........ :ph34r:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

on second thought Frank.......I just unloaded the camera for the night.......I'll post what I have,  adding what I already put up.   I added the railing to the main top and painted it and the cross tree.  eye bolts were also cemented in all the caps.

post-612-0-39525000-1376539699_thumb.jpg

by this time,  the cathead block was dry enough to rig.  both sides are now done.  I won't add anything else until a bit later.

post-612-0-59120000-1376539812_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-43289100-1376539824_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-04217300-1376539834_thumb.jpg

another set of blocks I should do is for the brace rigging........I'm not going to like doing them if I get too far down the road.   I still need to make yet another set of hearts for the mizzen mast.....forgot about those too!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I did a little more last evening........today,  between the grand kids coming over and lawn care,  I didn't get too far,  bassically,  it was just to rig the lift blocks on the main mast,  and trim the rest of the ends on the mizzen blocks.

post-612-0-93511200-1376701740_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-22397200-1376701754_thumb.jpg

post-612-0-93588100-1376701764_thumb.jpg

more progress soon ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Aye, she grows taller mate!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

thanks Augie :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Are they the spiders I've been reading about Popeye, she grows ever larger and more complex my friend.

Looking real good. :dancetl6:

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Ah, the fun of it all.  :D

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Loook'n  real good !! Popeye..... seems like there's a million things to do at this stage doesn't it........ it blows me away how you keep up with everything you 've got going :o ,,, and, thanks for the pictures!!! :D  :D

Frank

USRC "ALERT"

I'll second what Frank just mentioned. You must have a huge shop to be able to tackle all of these projects at once.

But I'd also comment on how focused we all are on the model. What I really want to know is how the blackberry muffins turned out that you made back on the 14th?

Tom