Jump to content

Old Collingwood

Members
  • Content Count

    6,986
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Old Collingwood

  1. Why not wrap it around some thin wood dowel the right thickness - but then leave the dowel inplace but not all the way to the ends, would be stronger and keep its shape. OC.
  2. Evenng all, more work on the foremast - I completed the futtock shrouds, then started work on the upper mast shrouds - so far two completed on the one side. OC.
  3. Right then folks - I have finished the ratlines on the lower foremast shrouds "Phewwwwww OC.
  4. Still has a bit of a way to go yet till I get her completely flat - its seems to be taking several coats, yet still some of the areas are still what I would call a satin finish. OC.
  5. Evening all, I have completed attaching the two topgallant post tention ropes, down on to the two deadeyes - this means the foremast/bowsprit is now fully tentioned to each other, while I was in the mood I decided to give the whole ship several clear matt coats, to flatten everything down as the paintwork still had a bit of a sheen to her. Just the one (poor) photo. OC.
  6. Evening all I decided today to re - do the bobstay on the bowsprit as the original was not tidy - so I cut away the old a re fitted some fresh ropes and blocks, then I tentioned them correctly - at the same time I fitted a fresh stay from the center of the bowsprit underneath and fitted around the forecastle railng. Looks a bit more supported now. Heres the pics - OC.
  7. Nothing of any great not and nothing physical, I have always been musical (used to be in a band in the 80s) so now I still keep my hand in using all digital toys on my laptop - I use a virtual keyboard/synth, anyway a friend of mine and accomplished musician had me do some keyboard riffs for him, he mixed them with his layers of guitar and drum machine, anyway he is going to create a CD with it on it. Its an umpaid venture but kind of feel quite proud of myself. OC.
  8. So - more ratlines to be done tomorrow then they will need a tidy up of thier ends, one thing did happen while I was working on them - I managed to break off the topgallant where it meets the topmast 🤧I was able to keep it in place due to the stays - I put loads of ca around the break and that seems to have done the trick........"Phewww.....🤞" OC.
×
×
  • Create New...