Frigate Berlin by Ferit KUTLU - Corel - 1/40 - 1674

Hi Ferit

Thank you,it was a nice break.We only went to the Lake District(Cumbria)in England.No wonderful pics like yours as I spent a lot of the time walking with our two Jack Russell Terriers in the hills.Your pictures are fantastic and the places look gorgeous.I also tried to follow MSW on my iphone using the hotel wifi as there is no signal where I was.It is ok,but like you say,rather awkward compared to using a computer.

Kind Regards Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

First day evening...

Day 2, 3 and 4 it's Bodrum...

Sea and a momentary shot of the sky...

A boat for the daily boat trip, visiting 5-6 natural bays... ( not the photo of Berlin but this is for Sjors...  m1204.gif )

First day evening...

Day 2, 3 and 4 it's Bodrum...

Sea and a momentary shot of the sky...

A boat for the daily boat trip, visiting 5-6 natural bays... ( not the photo of Berlin but this is for Sjors...  m1204.gif )

Ferit,

Beautiful photos of what must have been a wonderful holiday. The weather seems to have cooperated. Welcome back to your daily life.

PS: love those alto fracto cumulus clouds (:-) remind me of my aviation days, though I'm now involved again on a part time basis.

PS2: Boy that parachute rope sure got you very high ha..ha... that was a joke (beautiful photo of a beautiful place).

Regards,

Michael

Edited by md1400cs

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Wow!  What a great vacation.  Thanks for sharing the photos with us Ferit.   Ignore Sjors telling you to get back in the workshop and relax with the memories of that trip.   Ok... times up... back to work.  :D  :D :D  :D  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

6th day Turunç... ( Ahoy Yamboo... :P  )

If I had known you were coming Ferit I would have treated you all to lunch! You can almost see my house in a couple of those pictures of Turunç and that view of the bay from the top of the hill greets me every time I come back to the village from Marmaris or where ever.  I never tire of it (I'm in the northern corner but my house is obscured by trees. 

I'm glad you had a good holiday and returned to Istanbul safe and sound. Hayırlı olsun!

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

Hi Ferit

Thank you,it was a nice break.We only went to the Lake District(Cumbria)in England.No wonderful pics like yours as I spent a lot of the time walking with our two Jack Russell Terriers in the hills.Your pictures are fantastic and the places look gorgeous.I also tried to follow MSW on my iphone using the hotel wifi as there is no signal where I was.It is ok,but like you say,rather awkward compared to using a computer.

Kind Regards Nigel

Whatever is the scene, Nature, if untouched is always fantastic... Even the sand desert (only contemplation beneath air conditioner m0161.gif  ...)

Lake, green, hills, two lovely and brainy dogs, fresh air, O2, activity... Far more than enough...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Under construction: Frigate Berlin (Brandenburg Navy)

Hope: Frigate Wappen Von Hamburg (Brandenburg Navy)

Ferit,

Beautiful photos of what must have been a wonderful holiday. The weather seems to have cooperated. Welcome back to your daily life.

PS: love those alto fracto cumulus clouds (:-) remind me of my aviation days, though I'm now involved again on a part time basis.

PS2: Boy that parachute rope sure got you very high ha..ha... that was a joke (beautiful photo of a beautiful place).

Regards,

Michael

Thank you Michael,

I don't remember any scene in the sky with those clouds in my life... Alto fracto cumulus, what a beautiful name!... Poetic are the spectacle and even the name...

Because of I could not jump from 1965 meters of altitude, it's frightening, even you leave yourself to a professional paraglider who sits behind you, it's not easy to accept. The control is not in your hands... But for you, this should be simple and elemantary through your profession... It should be fantastic...

I have shared the two pictures taken from the air that I have found on the web... Simulating the fly, from this lucky man's eye who has landed in front of me...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Wow!  What a great vacation.  Thanks for sharing the photos with us Ferit.   Ignore Sjors telling you to get back in the workshop and relax with the memories of that trip.   Ok... times up... back to work.  :D  :D :D  :D  

Thank you Mark,

Oh Sjors... He owns Gnomes... Smelling saw dust, twisting ropes are not hard for him ...  m0161.gif

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

If I had known you were coming Ferit I would have treated you all to lunch! You can almost see my house in a couple of those pictures of Turunç and that view of the bay from the top of the hill greets me every time I come back to the village from Marmaris or where ever.  I never tire of it (I'm in the northern corner but my house is obscured by trees. 

I'm glad you had a good holiday and returned to Istanbul safe and sound. Hayırlı olsun!

Many thanks Yambo, for your best wishes, your kindness and your hospitality...

We have stayed at İçmeler, for two nights... First day, Sedir Island, the day after Turunç and as soon as we have left the car at Turunç, we have participated in a daily boat trip...

It's my first visit to Turunç... I liked very much your village, it's gorgeous... Harika bir yer, sevimli ve güzel...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Thank you Michael,

I don't remember any scene in the sky with those clouds in my life... Alto fracto cumulus, what a beautiful name!... Poetic are the spectacle and even the name...

Because of I could not jump from 1965 meters of altitude, it's frightening, even you leave yourself to a professional paraglider who sits behind you, it's not easy to accept. The control is not in your hands... But for you, this should be simple and elemantary through your profession... It should be fantastic...

I have shared the two pictures taken from the air that I have found on the web... Simulating the fly, from this lucky man's eye who has landed in front of me...

Ferit,

Actually with the few thousands of hours that I have in the air, the very last thing that was ever on my mind was jumping out of the machine for sport. Hmmmm not for me.

PS: Oh !, I just read that the the best hotels in Europe are found in Turkey Congratulations (:-)

http://news.yahoo.com/best-hotels-europe-found-turkey-151700813.html

As always, a pleasure to share conversations

Michael 

Michael

Under the table:

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Wow, Ferit - that looks like it was an amazing vacation!  Thank you for sharing these pictures with those of us who can only dream of such a trip!

The nature is always amazing... In fact what about a vacation is not only sea, sand and sun... You, you are living in the middle of the nature and the naturalness... I saw the photos of the life around your beautiful home... Like an endless vacation while working...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

So I see your back safe and refreshed and with pictures :)

Looks like a fabulous journey, Glad everything went well.  Now back to Berlin rigging :D

Many thanks Keith for your kind and best thoughts...

I catched up the updates and your plans about your build... the discography of the PF...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Ratlines between the mizzen shrouds...

Mouse on the mizzen...

I realized that these small pets had been so familiar to the crew, so friend... all around on board... and had entered into the ship vocabulary...

post-2145-0-71710700-1379657584_thumb.jpg

post-2145-0-85148100-1379657608_thumb.jpg

post-2145-0-56492600-1379657632_thumb.jpg

post-2145-0-94464800-1379657656_thumb.jpg

post-2145-0-43386800-1379657680_thumb.jpg

post-2145-0-20443400-1379657704_thumb.jpg

post-2145-0-26411500-1379657728_thumb.jpg

post-2145-0-99548200-1379657752_thumb.jpg

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Hi Ferit,

Great work,

I see that you don't have chainplates for the deadeyes????

Never see that before  :huh:

Nice white rope that you are using.

I have checkt all your ratlines and I don't see a gap  :D

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Looking very good, as usual (:-) Nice update.

Michael

Michael

Under the table:

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

I have more time to watch here on MSW today. And first what I can see are this beautiful Images of your vacation Ferit. One could almost be envious, but I'm sure you have earned it ;)

Oh, by the way..........great work as usually Ferit  ;)

Looking good Ferit - the light in your working area looks nice too! Must be nice to work in such beautiful sunshine

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780); Admiralty models Echo cross-section (semi-scratch)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch); Off-Centre Sailing Skiff (scratch)

under the bench: MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

@ Sjors,

Thank you for the comment...

I follow the plans... There wasn't any chainplate for the mizzen shrouds...

From now, all my efforts will be for not missing out any ratline...  m0161.gif

@ Richards,

@ Michael,

@ Jason...

Thank you for your kind encouragement...

@ Juergen,

Thank you for your nice and good thoughts... for the vacation and also for the build...

@ Hamilton,

Thank you... You are right, the sun energizes me, it makes the work become lively

@ Nigel,

Thank you for the nice comment... I am thinking that I am far away from the finish line... Many blocks, ropes, sails, a lantern, some ornaments, flags, anchors... m1811.gif

I had decided a year ago - if it happens - to build Corel's Wappen Von Hamburg.

Berlin and WVH are two ships of Brandenburg Navy...

But after learning the right scale of WVH (on the box 1:40, on plans 1:50 (the manufacturer had posted me the info that the right scale is 1:50)) I have walked a little away... Berlin's is 1:40... I would prefer the two ships of the same navy be in same scale...

I have realized in MSW that there are many fantastic ships to build...

Maybe Berlin will be the first and the last... Who knows?!...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU