Frigate Berlin by Ferit KUTLU - Corel - 1/40 - 1674

Exceptionally neat work Ferit :wub: Not just on the rigging,but with these close up shots you can see the care and detail you have put in making the masts and tops.Super sharp work my friend.Looking forward to the next instalment.

Kind Regards Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

Ferit,

Very nice work. The crow's feet look great.

Edited by ianmajor

Ian M.

Current build: HMS Unicorn  (1748) - Corel Kit

Advice from my Grandfather to me. The only people who don't make mistakes are those who stand back and watch. The trick is not to repeat the error. 

Tops, ratlines and crowsfeet all look superb.  WELL DONE!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Ferit,

Super well done. Looks really exceptional. Your attention to the smallest details is remarkable.

R/    Michael

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Hi Nigel, Ian, Augie, Sjors, Andy, Michael and Like This button hitters...

Your permanent belief in me is always much appreciated... from so talented personas... Thank you all...  t1802.gif

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Under construction: Frigate Berlin (Brandenburg Navy)

Hope: Frigate Wappen Von Hamburg (Brandenburg Navy)

Hi Ferit:

Beautiful to look at! The model really stands up to the extreme close-ups - such incredible precision. Really masterful work. Question - the euphroe block you used on the crowsfeet - is this a modified long-tackle block or was this part supplied with the kit with multiple holes, or did you scratch build it? 

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780); Admiralty models Echo cross-section (semi-scratch)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch); Off-Centre Sailing Skiff (scratch)

under the bench: MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

Beautiful work on the rigging, Ferit.  When I get there, I hope my rigging will be half as good.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

@ Hamilton,

Thank you for your optimistic thoughts about the build my friend... Very pleasant even I don't deserve them...  m0738.gif

Corel hadn't supplied the euphroe blocks, I have to scratch them from a 2 x 6 mm walnut strip. For the all holes drilled and viewed from both sides of any piece on the ship I often prefer to use the hand drill but not the drill machine. The second one is uncontrolled. And after marking and making two liitle holes with the sharp point of the compasses into the both sides of the wood, I begin to drill from both sides. The two conduits meet at the middle in the wood. I act thus because I couldn't estimate where the drill bit would protrude... 

BTW, I had to fasten the euphroe block to the main stay with a tackle as you had done in your build at a scale of 1:100 furthermore...

Me, I made short circuit at a scale of 1:40... m0903.gif

@ Mark,

You are so generous Sir,

I could be only a kid in his early childhood beside you... 

Edited by ashiponthehorizon

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Hi Wayne,

After your rigging will come out, I'm sure, it will be me who will say if only my rigging had been as well as yours!... 

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Continuation of the big update... m0902.gif

The fore mast, fore topsail, fore topmast...

post-2145-0-89272200-1381678401_thumb.jpg

post-2145-0-94213200-1381678443_thumb.jpg

post-2145-0-98813400-1381678459_thumb.jpg

post-2145-0-16269500-1381678482_thumb.jpg

post-2145-0-34258800-1381678503_thumb.jpg

post-2145-0-70327200-1381678525_thumb.jpg

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

You have done some lovely, clean and precise work on her Ferit and she's looking beautiful.  You've taken kit bashing to a new level and you will find it increasingly difficult to convince watchers that you are still a beginner.

Scratch build next?

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

@ ZyXuz and Buck,

Many thanks for the thoughts, these keep me being happy... 

@ Yambo,

You are pampering me Sir...  t1803.gif

Even the word of scratch is exciting me...   But Corel's WVH is waiting somewhere we will date up...  

If Corel is the case, WVH being so beautiful, hard and untoucable lady (for me at least), it sould be probably semi-scratch and if I would keep my courage...

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU

Through the advices and instructions of B.E. (Blue Ensign) and Jason (Beef Wellington), the slots of the channels will be closed by strips... (Thank you again).

Best Regards…

Ferit KUTLU