Dos Amigos by ferarr - per Chapelle drawings

Hello everyone:

I have finally started the "Dos Amigos".

I'm using the plans included in the book "The history of American Sailing Ships, Chapelle."

I have also found some documentation in the book "Global Schooner, Marquardz", and searching, the original plans of the "Fair Rosamund" in the museum of Greenwich (It is how they renamed the boat, once captured, and the plans of the house Assembly "Golden Kits" back in the 70s / 80s.

The differences between the first three planes is minimal, I believe that produced by deformations in the copies. Of the rooms the biggest difference is that the length is 2/3 cm. minor, otherwise they are quite similar.

The scale is 1:50.

Well, I put some photos.

A greeting

(Hola a todos:

Por fin he comenzado el "Dos Amigos".

Estoy utilizando los planos incluidos en el libro "The history of American Sailing Ships, de Chapelle".

También he encontrado algo de documentación en el libro "Global Schooner, de Marquardz", y rebuscando, los planos originales del "Fair Rosamund" en el museo de Greenwich (Es como renombraron al barco, una vez capturado, y los planos de la casa de montaje "Golden Kits" de allá por los años 70/80.

Las diferencias entre los tres primeros planos es mínima, considero que producida por deformaciones en las copias. De los cuartos la mayor diferencia es que la eslora es 2/3 cm. menor, por lo demás son bastante similares.

La escala es 1:50.

Bueno, os pongo algunas fotos.

Un saludo)

Dos Amigos  000.jpg

Dos Amigos  00.jpg

Dos Amigos  0.jpg

Dos Amigos  01.jpg

Dos Amigos  02.jpg

Dos Amigos  02.jpg

Dos Amigos  03.jpg

Dos Amigos  06.JPG

Dos Amigos  08.JPG

Hello: 
The paper helps me to mark and delimit areas, then it will be eliminated in those areas where it affects me for the gluing of other pieces. 

A greeting

(Hola: 
El papel me sirve para marcar y delimitar zonas, luego se eliminara en aquellas zonas donde me afecte para el encolado de otras piezas. 
Un saludo)

Hello Ferarr,

a very nice start with the bulkheads of that schooner, it looks very promissing.......

Good luck with the build...

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello:
A partner convinced me to make the "top timbers" from the outside of the helmet, so I cut the frames, and proceed to mount them like that. A greeting.

(Hola:
Un compañero me convencio para realizar los "barraganetes" desde el exterior del casco, así que he cortado las cuadernas, y procederé a montarlos asi. Un saludo.)

Dos Amigos  24.jpg

Dos Amigos  23.jpg

Dos Amigos  22.jpg

Dos Amigos  21.jpg

Dos Amigos  20.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hello :
I have assembled a plywood to start working on the deck planking and for the execution of the gunwales.
I have marked some lines of reference, and I have cut the stem, which is pending to thicken, but which I needed for the separation of the apostles, (Sorry, I do not translate it into English).
I also put a plan of the planking of the cover. I had my doubts about the arrangement of the deck tables, but it seems that Chapelle draws them like that.
Where I have doubts is in the width of the gunwale when it runs through the transom, I do not know if it should have the width of the rudder trunk, or not.

a greeting

(Hola a todos:
Ya he montado un contrachapado para comenzar a trabajar en le tablazón de la cubierta y para la ejecución de los trancaniles.
He marcado unas lineas de referencia, y he cortado la roda, que esta pendiente de regruesar, pero que necesitaba para la separación de los apóstoles.
Os pongo también un plano de la tablazón de la cubierta. Tenia mis dudas respecto a la disposición de las tablas de cubierta, pero parece que Chapelle las dibuja así.
Donde tengo dudas es en ancho del trancanil cuando discurre por el espejo de popa, no se si debe tener el ancho de la limera del timon, o no.

Un saludo)

Dos Amigos  26.jpg

Dos Amigos  25.jpg

Dos Amigos  27.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone.
Already placed the gunwales. I should have done the firing of the poles, but I do not have the drill column at hand, so I have advanced part of the covering of the deck and the cutting of the deck boards.

a greeting
(Hola a todos. Colocado ya el trancanil. Debería haber realizado la fogonadura de los palos, pero no tengo a mano la columna de taladro, así que he adelantado parte del forrado de la cubierta y el corte de las tablas de la cubierta.  Un saludo)

(Hola a todos. Colocado ya el trancanil. Debería haber realizado la fogonadura de los palos, pero no tengo a mano la columna de taladro, así que he adelantado parte del forrado de la cubierta y el corte de las tablas de la cubierta.  Un saludo)

Dos Amigos  28.jpg

Dos Amigos  29.jpg

Dos Amigos  30.jpg

Dos Amigos 31.jpg

Edited by ferarr

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Well, I've finished with the deck of the deck, I had to rebuild part of the gunwales by a small accident to scrape the deck, but the truth is that you do not notice the arrangement.

A greeting

(Bueno, ya he terminado con la tablazón de la cubierta, he tenido que reconstruir parte del trancanil por un pequeño accidente al raspar la cubierta, pero la verdad es que no se nota el arreglo. 
Un saludo)

Dos Amigos 35.jpg

Dos Amigos 36.jpg

Dos Amigos 37.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Hello everyone:
I've had a few days, and I've continued with the model.
I have made the grooves to place the "barraganetes",
I have cut all the "barraganetes",
I have built the covers of the "trancaniles", which I will then paste, and I will make the grooves for the "barraganetes" (more carefully, and more tightly, as it will be seen),
And I built the "apostles."
From here, I will place the keel and start with the helmet lining.
Greetings.                                                                                                                                      
(Hola a todos:
He tenido unos días, y he seguido con el modelo.
He realizado las acanaladuras para colocar los "barraganetes",
He cortado todos los "barraganetes",
He construido las tapas de los "trancaniles", que luego pegare, y volveré a hacer las acanaladuras para los "barraganetes" (con mas cuidado, y mas ajustadas, ya que quedara visto),
Y he construido los "apóstoles".
A partir de aquí, ya colocare la quilla y empezare con el forro del casco.
Un saludo)

Dos Amigos 45.jpg

Dos Amigos 46.jpg

Dos Amigos 47.jpg

Dos Amigos 48.jpg

Dos Amigos 49.jpg

Lovely work Ferarr,

Ilike the fishings on the deck, aft and stern

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

Hello:
With the Google translator, I don't know very well what you mean, I guess you want to know this. I attached a drawing of a partner, Leopoldo.
Greetings

(Hola:
Con el traductor de Google, no se muy bien a que te refieres, supongo que quieres saber esto. Te adjunto un dibujo de un compañero, Leopoldo.

Un saludo)

img13110.jpg

23 hours ago, Mirabell61 said:

Lovely work Ferarr,

Ilike the fishings on the deck, aft and stern

Nils

Hi, 

I meant this picture of the deck....

Nils

Dos Amigos 45.jpg

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice clean work, the hull has very graceful lines especially the sheer.

michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Sir, you are WAY out of my league!!! I am also building the Dos Amigos, but after seeing this posting, I feel like I want to throw mine away and just keep looking at what you have done. The Dos Amigos is my second model ship that I have built. I can see I have a long way to go, to do the quality work that you do.

• 4 months later...
Hello: At the moment I have it stopped.
I had not thought about putting it, thanks for the comment.
The slave ships that I know do not carry them, or do not represent them on the plans (L'Ouragan, Amistad), although I do know of their existence on other larger ships (L'Aurore). 
I see that you have finished your "Dos Amigos", put some more photos. A gretting.

(Hola:

De momento lo tengo parado.
No había pensado en ponerlo, gracias por el comentario.

Los bergantín goleta negreros que conozco, no los llevan, o no los representan en los planos (L'Ouragan, Amistad), aunque si conozco su existencia en otros barcos mayores (L'Aurore).

Ya veo que has terminado tu "Dos Amigos", pon alguna fotos mas.

Un saludo