MRAP ATV by CDW - FINISHED - Rye Field - 1:35 Scale

1 hour ago, CDW said:

Thanks Alan

Hurricane warning flags flying

Stay safe Craig.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Keep your head down brother hurrycanes are nothing to mess with...

And thanks for another chapter in the "Honey I shrunk it" book... Beautiful job, looks real....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

MA Deuce looks good, Craig.

Ya'll be careful, ya heah? 😄  We're possibly in the cross hairs, but it should be a depression by the time it hits, thanks to being over land on the current prognostication. The threat for us is flash flooding and the usual losses of power. Hope you and yours weather it OK.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

8 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

Stay safe Craig.

OC.

Just now, Egilman said:

Keep your head down brother hurrycanes are nothing to mess with...

And thanks for another chapter in the "Honey I shrunk it" book... Beautiful job, looks real....

Just now, Javlin said:

First one for Tampa since 1921!!!!!!! Stay high and dry.;)

Thanks for the well wishes. We will do our best. Prayers for those who will be in the greatest need wherever that may be.

Just now, Canute said:

MA Deuce looks good, Craig.

Ya'll be careful, ya heah? 😄  We're possibly in the cross hairs, but it should be a depression by the time it hits, thanks to being over land on the current prognostication. The threat for us is flash flooding and the usual losses of power. Hope you and yours weather it OK.

Thanks Ken.

As is often the case, this storm has taken a slightly different track, one that puts its eye making landfall south of Tampa by 30 or more miles from where it was originally forecast. I feel certain its course will adjust again before making landfall, so we remain on ready as its uncertain at this time where it will go. I feel bad for the people south of us.

The MRAP is looking good!

Stay safe and best of luck to you!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Never, ever believe 100% that the weather guessers got it right. The storms seem to drift a wee bit east of the computer estimates, at least in eastern Gulf. Being west of the eye is better than east, especially for the storm's landfall/coast in.

Ken

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

2 hours ago, Canute said:

Never, ever believe 100% that the weather guessers got it right. The storms seem to drift a wee bit east of the computer estimates, at least in eastern Gulf. Being west of the eye is better than east, especially for the storm's landfall/coast in.

With the tremendous growth that’s happened on the coast in the past decades, it’s ripe for a storm surge. Some of our most exclusive housing is all on the coast.

1 hour ago, king derelict said:

We are right on the edge of the hurricane force wind predictions as of 5 pm. Mentally coin tossing about dragging the hurricane panels out. Tomorrow's decision I think.

Good luck to all

Alan

I’ll be saying my prayers for all in the storms path and for you in particular. Lash down the hatches matey. Let us know how you made out when you can.

From the 8pm update

.LIFE-THREATENING STORM SURGE, CATASTROPHIC WINDS AND FLOODING EXPECTED IN THE FLORIDA PENINSULA...

Wishing everyone near the path of this one the best of luck and a safe passage through the storm. Especially Craig who looks like he is nearest to the track.

Looking forward to seeing the back of this monster and getting back to the build 

Alan

It's looking like a real doozy. I hope and pray you all come thru okay.

Ken

23 minutes ago, king derelict said:

but it looks like its going to spread its wealth.

They always do, stay safe my friend...

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

1 hour ago, CDW said:

Lash down the hatches matey. Let us know how you made out when you can.

Same for you brother, will be mentioning you and alan to the man in charge, I know he will be lookin out...

Quote:

At this time it looks like Ian will come ashore well south of Tampa, on a path that’s similar to hurricane Charley back in 2004. We in Tampa are getting rain and minor gusts this morning with more rain and tropical winds later today and tonight. All hunkered down and playing around with my model and a new phone.

On the new phone topic, this one came with 5 different presets for taking photos. I took a photo of the model from the same distance using each of the five presets to see which one takes the best model photo. What’s your opinion. Which of the five presets appear the best?

CD8DE031-088D-42BA-9A2B-9BF285F903D6.jpeg

2CC5D4F0-43F4-4B02-A6A5-F59B01D86AA6.jpeg

C7B783DB-B66B-447E-80BE-2BC22F5A110F.jpeg

05B8B04F-0543-4B72-A5BF-F72B2851C77F.jpeg

C21AAEA3-7DAB-4C1E-8149-76D73FF04026.jpeg

It's difficult to choose, Craig. The difference in lighting among the 5  is very subtle but 3 and 4 seem to have the best contrast. It's a toss-up between those two.  Nice rendition on model tho. 👌 

I know it not possible right now due to the weather conditions, but when you get a chance get a shot in real sunlight for the best comparison...

In my opinion cell phones accentuate contrast too much.... to me they all look a bit overexposed...

Quote:

2 hours ago, CDW said:

At this time it looks like Ian will come ashore well south of Tampa, on a path that’s similar to hurricane Charley back in 2004. We in Tampa are getting rain and minor gusts this morning with more rain and tropical winds later today and tonight. All hunkered down and playing around with my model and a new phone.

On the new phone topic, this one came with 5 different presets for taking photos. I took a photo of the model from the same distance using each of the five presets to see which one takes the best model photo. What’s your opinion. Which of the five presets appear the best?

CD8DE031-088D-42BA-9A2B-9BF285F903D6.jpeg

2CC5D4F0-43F4-4B02-A6A5-F59B01D86AA6.jpeg

C7B783DB-B66B-447E-80BE-2BC22F5A110F.jpeg

05B8B04F-0543-4B72-A5BF-F72B2851C77F.jpeg

C21AAEA3-7DAB-4C1E-8149-76D73FF04026.jpeg

I like the Third one down Craig,    looks  clearer  and  sharper  without  being  over the top.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1