New member from Ohio

I'm a very amateur model shipbuilder and likewise US Navy historian, Especially Pacific war history.... for most of my 58 years. I also have a special place in my heart for ships named "Enterprise"! Not a Star Trek fan though, i leave that to the wife. I read a lot and listen a lot....once was told its better to listen(read) than speak(type). You learn a lot more that way. Looking forward to reading a lot more and maybe sharing as well.
Michael

Welcome to MSW, Mike from a former Buckeye.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

:sign:

Greetings from another Michael in Ohio!  There is certainly lots to see and do here.  If you are ‘relatively’ close our club meets the 3rd Saturday of the month at the Westerville public library just on north edge of Columbus.  Unfortunately the library has been closed during the pandemic. We are still having zoom meetings though. Hopefully will be back to meeting in person soon.  If you’re interested the link to the website is in my signature. Also you can direct message either myself or our club president @Feathermerchant for more info.

Hello Mike! I'm another Buckeye in the Columbus area. Glad to see you join!

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Greeings,

and :sign:

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Hi Michael and welcome. Do you have a model you're thinking of building? Or perhaps you've already started one? If so, start a build log as well. It's a great way to get help and advice, as well as encouragement from the members here.

And I get to look at more nice pictures of ship models under construction.:D

Oh, and by the way, there's a very nice topsail schooner in Australia, a replica of a part of our history, called Enterprize. If you don't mind the unusual spelling, she might be worth a look.

image.png.edbc30a78e8263943d5b2c60d103d3f8.png