Matthias from Berlin, Germany says Hello

I've been stranded here many times, always looking for news from model making. From today I am finally part of the Model Ship World forum.

Until my English is a little better, the Google translator should help me here.

So excuse my writing style.

The model building has been my companion for many years with interruptions.

A new start in 2005 in historic sailing ship model construction came to an end with the construction stop of HMS Victory by Sergal.

Not satisfied with the kit model, I have been building a simple fishing boat for 6 years to improve my material and tool skills. I look forward to a good time with all of you in the exchange of knowledge and practice. I already know some names here and I really like what I saw as a guest.

see you soon Matthias

Welcome Matthias, I look forward to seeing your fishing boat.

🌻

STAY SAFE

A model shipwright and an amateur historian are heads & tails of the same coin

current builds:

HMS Berwick 1775, 1/192 scratchbuild; a Slade 74 in the Navy Board style

Mediator sloop, 1/48 - an 18th century transport scratchbuild 

French longboat - CAF - 1/48, on hold

Matthias,

Welcome to MSW.  :piratebo5:

I applaud your decision to stay with the hobby and go with a simpler model.  Many are attracted to the hobby by the big fancy ships, only to be easily discouraged.  I had a similar start as you.  I wanted to build HMS VICTORY and USS CONSTITUTION but I eventually went smaller/simpler and worked on my skills.  Now I am building ship types I have never heard of before and having much fun.

Chuck Seiler
San Diego Ship Modelers Guild
Nautical Research Guild

Current Build:: Colonial Schooner SULTANA (scratch from Model Expo Plans), Hanseatic Cog Wutender Hund, John Smith Shallop
Completed:  Missouri Riverboat FAR WEST (1876) Scratch, 1776 Gunboat PHILADELPHIA (Scratch 1/4 scale-Model Shipways plans)

Welcome to MSW, Matthias.  Glad to have you onboard.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

:sign:

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

welcome to MSW

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Willkommen an Board, Matthias.

Welcome on board, Matthias.

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

Welcome to MSW, Matthias!

I'm not sure - is your fishing boat a model or full sized?

Whichever it is, it would be good to see photos!

Hello everyone and thank you for the welcome greetings.
The fishing boat is a “Zeesboat” from the region of the European Baltic Sea.
I also found a Zeesboot from @Mirabell61 here in msw - a nice model.
I build in 1:20 scale. The fuselage and stems are made of pear wood and the metal parts are made of brass.
Starting as a test model, it has developed quite well. But there are also some mistakes

I have a construction report on the boat in other forums. Inserting this here takes a lot of time. It also needs to be translated.
If there is a lot of interest I can show it a little bit shortened. I show some impressions from the boat here. That is the current status.
See you soon Matthias

msw9.jpg

msw8.jpg

msw7.jpg

msw6.jpg

msw5.jpg

msw4.jpg

msw3.jpg

msw2.jpg

msw1.jpg

msw10.jpg

Welcome to Model Ship World Matthias.  Thank you for sharing your pictures.  Your work is excellent and you have built a beautiful model.  I hope you can post more about your build.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

Very good indeed Matthias.

I like the guy with the pipe too 😀

Richard

Current Build: Early 19th Century US Revenue Cutter (Artesania Latina "Dallas" - messed about)

Completed Build: Yakatabune - Japanese - Woody Joe mini

Member: Nautical Research Guild & Midwest Model Shipwrights

18 hours ago, RichardG said:

I like the guy with the pipe too 😀

Hello Richard, @RichardG

nice that you like it. The old captain is my first attempt at carving. It is made of linden wood and also in 1:20 scale.

Yes, I like him too. That's very good - hard to believe he's your first attempt. What's the grain like on linden wood?

Welcome!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Hello Steven, @Louie da fly

Limewood is not very hard. It is ideal for practicing. The burl is still ok up to a scale of 1:50. Then boxwood is better. Here is the block I freed the captain from.

242.thumb.JPG.c162fa74507ad9344838262698ff7172.JPG243.thumb.JPG.52bf6b2c8020db1e65a4b71e15504d02.JPG244.thumb.JPG.f74afc9bc9a6d0730d2c72ea569da0cc.JPG245.thumb.JPG.0f41e7e53292cf3a8b25bd6d68208b34.JPG246.thumb.JPG.9199cad9ce7d4826ad90a7b311d25b24.JPG

Nice work. I can see you used the technique "cut away everything that doesn't look like the captain" :D

On 7/3/2020 at 9:20 PM, victory78 said:

I've been stranded here many times, always looking for news from model making. From today I am finally part of the Model Ship World forum.

Until my English is a little better, the Google translator should help me here.

So excuse my writing style.

The model building has been my companion for many years with interruptions.

A new start in 2005 in historic sailing ship model construction came to an end with the construction stop of HMS Victory by Sergal.

Not satisfied with the kit model, I have been building a simple fishing boat for 6 years to improve my material and tool skills. I look forward to a good time with all of you in the exchange of knowledge and practice. I already know some names here and I really like what I saw as a guest.

see you soon Matthias

Welcome Matthias! 

Don't worry for your writing Style. Wir können auch auf Deutsch kommunizieren. Regards from Spain! :)

welcome to MSW,  love your boat build, very nice indeed

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

3 hours ago, Dannebrog Mod from Biiling said:

Welcome Matthias! 

Don't worry for your writing Style. Wir können auch auf Deutsch kommunizieren. Regards from Spain! :)

Hello Miguel, @Dannebrog Mod from Biiling

my English has to improve.