Introduction - New Jersey

MichaelW

Hello fellow modelers!  I am Mike and I live in New Jersey.  My first hobby is HO trains.  I also own and sail a 25' Cape Dory.  On a trip to Searsport, Maine, I stopped at BlueJacket Ship Crafters and I was hooked.  I purchased and built the Maine lobster boat "Red Baron."  I am now on my second kit, the 1889 Quoddy Boat "Yankee Hero."  I've already learned much from the posts on this site and hope I live up to the craftsmanship on display here.

:sign:

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Hello Michael, welcome to MSW

🌻

STAY SAFE

A model shipwright and an amateur historian are heads & tails of the same coin

current builds:

HMS Berwick 1775, 1/192 scratchbuild; a Slade 74 in the Navy Board style

Mediator sloop, 1/48 - an 18th century transport scratchbuild 

French longboat - CAF - 1/48, on hold

Hi Michael, welcome to MSW.   Do give some thought to opening a build log as it's a great way to meet other builders and get help when you need it.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome aboard Michael from a former Jersey Boy that left the cold behind many years ago. Lots of helpful folks around here so don't be shy about asking for help.

Best Regards

2 hours ago, MichaelW said:

Thank you Eric and Joshua!  I'll ask to join the New Jersey group - looks like I'll need a sponsor.  You know, I've never been to the Battleship.

If you send me your email to Modelship@yahoo.com,  the New Jersey Club's meeting is tomorrow night at 7p.   Stop in as a visitor.   I'll be on.  

Welcome to MSW, Michael!

I used to have HO trains when I was a kid - the old Triang set. When I was thinking about what hobby I wanted to pursue as I got older, model railways was the other main contender. But I'm happy I went with ship modelling. I think it's more of a challenge to my creativity and manual skills.

Good to see you've started your build log.

Steven

Welcome Michael,   I just sent you a link to tonight’s Ship Model Society of New Jersey January meeting.   I hope you can attend.   I also built the Eastport Pinky known as the Yankee Hero.    It was a great kit and I enjoyed the build very much.   I look forward to your build log and also hope you will consider joining our club.     

Bill

SMSNJ

Hope you can join us tonight, Michael. The zoom meetings have been going very well. I also have a little modeling background in HO trains. I'm currently in ongoing negotiations with the Mrs to obtain use of the spare bedroom for trains. Negotiations are not progressing well. 🥺

Rich

Member - Ship Model Society of New Jersey

Current Build:  Pride of Baltimore 2

Finished: Kate Cory

Finished for now (Not rigged):  Medway Longboat