Half Moon by Anja - Corel - Wood - 1:50 - (d'Halve Maen)

Hello Anthony (Crackers),

What is a builld log without pictures. So, pictures yes. But many?

@ Lawrence,

My part of the shipyard still has room to build. It is not Sjors who needs convincing, it's me!

@ Max (maggsl_01),

I will be back. Your Half Moon is quitely on my watchlist. She is coming along nicely.

@ Bug,

Peer pressure fun? Mmm, yes and no. But it helped.

I'm convinced. I promised myself to do some work tomorrow.

Thank you all for stopping by and thank you JesseLee for the likes.

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the gallery: Albatros 1840 - Constructo

it's Sjor's fault.........he let the cat out of the bag :D :D :D     ..........just a couple pictures of her progress??.......looks like you've done some railing work ;)     I've been itching to bring mine back out........what,  with the Holiday Harbor planking,  and the deck dilemma with the United States.......I haven't had the time to do so  {I want to do the deck railings and ladders}.    I'll look forward in seeing your first 2014 update :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi Anja ,

I too have been following your log with great interest as I'm working on my half moon too.  I'm waiting to see how you solve the hard parts. lol :D

THX

J

Hello all,

Finally an update, it was long overdue.

The railings and the grating at the bow section are in place. They just need a little touching up and staining.

Now I can really see where I made the mistakes. Before placing the railings I wish I had thought of using a template to get the right angles/roundings like J. (JCT) did on his Half Moon.

But that is water under the bridge and something to keep in mind for future reference.

The rudder is also in place.

Tomorrow it is time to start shaping the masts and spars.

Thanks for watching.

Anja

Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

Yay! Good to see you back at it Anja!

- Bug

Hello all,

Now I can really see where I made the mistakes.

For those of us who do not have the plans in front of us or a mode to refer to, she looks great.  I see no mistakes.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

My eyesight is the same as Bob's.......not a mistake in sight.

Glad to have you (and her) back!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Hello Bug, Bob, Augie, Doris, Wayne and Sherry and everyone who 'liked' my update.

Thank you all very much for the compliments and the kind words.

It means a lot and is much appreciated.

And yes, it feels good to be back. Not in the least thanks to Sjors and you all.

Your support gives me the energy and the wish to continue and finish this build.

Thank you again,

Anja

To quote someone you know very well..."Mistakes? Pfffftttt!!!"  Looking great Anja.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Very nice, Anja, will you be leaving her a natural wood finish or do you plan to add paint?  I am planing a combination of the two for my build.

THX

J

Is that a ship I see on the horizon............it is!!!!!.......it is!!!!!!   with hand flips and cart wheels,  and click'in me heels ^_^:) ..........

{thought I was going to rhyme.........didn't you ;) }

well.......she looks real sweet Anja!   so good to see you back in the ship yard.   such a difference between the Billing's and Corel kits...you have made some great progress!  I'll look forward in seeing more.  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

How wonderful to see you back working in the shipyard Anja! :) :) :)

I'm with Mark - mistakes? Pfffffffffff (my only word of Dutch)! ;)

Hello Mark, J., Popeye and Grant,

Thanks for the compliments and the kind words.

It is much appreciated and as I said in my earlier response...... all your support gives me the energy and wish to finish this build.

@ Mark & Grant

Mistakes, me thinks the same now ........ Pffffffffff. They are there, can't do anything about it anymore.

@ J.

I will leave the ship as she is, in natural colors. I will only use a stain and a finish.

I saw you already painted the inner bulwaks red. Looking forward to your results.

@ Popeye,

Yes, I was indeed expecting one of your rhymes. Maybe next time.

Thanks again for stopping by and a thank you to the everyone who 'liked' my update.

Anja

Yay, I learned a word in Dutch! Pfffffffffft!

--Bug

There's no "t" on the end Bug. ;)

I wasn't aware of that.  Wonderful place, MSW, we get lessons in Dutch from an Aussie.  :D  :D  :o

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Bug ,Mark and Grant,

On this forum the only langue that is allowed is English !

So please translate Pfffffff in English so everyone can read it !

Otherwise I have to report you to a Moderator !  :D

Thank you !!!!!!!

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Think I had better send that in a PM :D

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

:piratebo5: Anja,

The model looks great. Thanks for posting.

S.os

New Bedford Whaleboat build. Kit by Model Shipways

I've been making progress on my model and according to the instruction booklet I should be painting it, at least parts of it.

Are acrylic's ok ? I did apply a sanding sealer. but I want to stain the untreated floor boards which are walnut.

Thanks

S.O.S.

Hehe, Grant!   I was a news anchor, I have to over-articulate.  :P

WOOHOO!  Anja back at the table!

And looking good as usual Anja....  can't wait to see more and glad to see you back at it!

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull

Hello Adam

Yes, it is good to be back.

Hello Rowan,

I will work on her next weekend, so hopefully I can post some pictures.

Thank you both for stopping by and the compliments.

It is much appreciated.

Anja

Anja... you're putting me to shame!!, I must nudge myself :P :P .....  your build is looking great!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)