Fokker DR1 Artesania Latina 1/16 scale by Hornet.

I decided to make a companion for my Sopwith Camel (posted here a while back)  The Fokker DR 1 seemed most appropriate choice. If I had to chose the most enjoyable build, I’d say it was the Camel. In saying that, I’m happy with the way the DR1 turned out. 
cheers

Steve. 

7DE36F1F-B076-4B5F-9383-A7DB51839AE7.thumb.jpeg.a999700911a7e90a18fffc634618f3fa.jpeg06114AED-E81B-4B55-872F-A7148C89553A.thumb.jpeg.0802d3b95a665001c948779a5103e471.jpeg33C973BD-C15A-49CB-AF45-8457B393FE0F.thumb.jpeg.7c7a65aa4299f478334c1c52e991e76a.jpeg0884DCF2-B5CB-46E2-A42E-6504CE4E25F0.thumb.jpeg.c6e8846a57c103953743ac83144f6fac.jpeg

Hornet

Current Build: - OcCre Shackleton’s Endurance. 

Completed Ship Builds:

Caldercraft - HM Bark Endeavour. (in Gallery)

Caldercraft  - HMAV Bounty (in Gallery)

Caldercraft - HM Brig Supply (In Gallery)

Aeropiccola - Golden Hind

- Constitution

Clipper Seawitch (maker unknown - too long ago to remember!)

Corel - Victory

Modeller's Shipyard - A Schooner of Port Jackson - In Gallery

- Brig `Perseverance' - In Gallery

- Cutter `Mermaid'- In Gallery

- Sirius Longboat (bashed) - In Gallery

- Sloop Norfolk - In Gallery

Completed Cannon:   - French 18th Century Naval Cannon

- Napoleonic 12 pound field piece

- English 18th Century Carronade

Non Ship Builds - Sopwith Camel - Artesania Latina

- Fokker DR1 - Artesania Latina

sweet look'in model..........very nicely detailed! :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Very nicely done!

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Sweet!

A few years back I tried to do a sopwith from model airways but the cast pieces were really a turn off and it is all sitting in a box in the closet.

Paul

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48

Completed Build: HM Cutter Cheerful-Syren Ship Models 1/48

Completed Build:  Artesania Latina Bluenose II

Completed Build Lady Nelson

1 hour ago, PRS said:

Sweet!

A few years back I tried to do a sopwith from model airways but the cast pieces were really a turn off and it is all sitting in a box in the closet.

Cast pieces on the Artesania Latina kits are quite well done. My biggest issue was that gluing was done with cyanoacrylate glue which I am allergic to. I used 5 minute epoxy which was awkward at times. 

Hornet

Current Build: - OcCre Shackleton’s Endurance. 

Completed Ship Builds:

Caldercraft - HM Bark Endeavour. (in Gallery)

Caldercraft  - HMAV Bounty (in Gallery)

Caldercraft - HM Brig Supply (In Gallery)

Aeropiccola - Golden Hind

- Constitution

Clipper Seawitch (maker unknown - too long ago to remember!)

Corel - Victory

Modeller's Shipyard - A Schooner of Port Jackson - In Gallery

- Brig `Perseverance' - In Gallery

- Cutter `Mermaid'- In Gallery

- Sirius Longboat (bashed) - In Gallery

- Sloop Norfolk - In Gallery

Completed Cannon:   - French 18th Century Naval Cannon

- Napoleonic 12 pound field piece

- English 18th Century Carronade

Non Ship Builds - Sopwith Camel - Artesania Latina

- Fokker DR1 - Artesania Latina

1 hour ago, CDW said:

A lot of wing area, a lot of lift. Lots of drag, too.

True, but they were very maneuverable and with the engine spinning, they could turn really tight  turns to the right.  They did have their issues though

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

15 hours ago, yvesvidal said:

There is a gentleman who made a replica of that plane in one of the local airports, Franklin County Airport, NC. That plane can take off within 50 yards and is a pleasure to see flying.

Your model is remarkable.

Yves

There is also one at the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome which fles every weekend in their summer airshows

actually,  the more critical time was landing.  the pilot had to be steady,  because too much pitching from side to side,  would allow the wing to hit the ground.........and that could be very bad.  some did not end well.   there were structural issues down the road with the top wing strut mounts rotting.  this would cause the plane to lose the top wing in flight.  I think it happened to Lothar,  the baron's brother.   head injuries and engine problems added to the cons of this aircraft,  and when the D VII rolled off the assembly line,  all orders for the Dr 1 was canceled.  

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch