Bismarck by Kevin - FINISHED - Trumpeter - 1/200 - PLASTIC

Ahoy Peter :D

I have also had very good success with the "pin wash" which is also very similar and simple to do. It is used to highlight parts that connect at different angles. Mixed the same way as a wash but applied to the "seam" at one point and allowed to run down it.

Speaking of which

Using White glue is an excellent way to hide the gaps you sometimes get mounting the structures on top of each other or on the ship itself. It dries clear and causes the colors of the parts to be reflected into it hiding the glue and filling the seam.

But

NO: it won't fill the big ones, just the little ones . Applied the same way as the pin wash. Thin the glue

Edited by JPett

On with the Show.... B) 

J.Pett

“If you're going through hell, keep going” (Winston Churchill)

Current build:  MS Rattlesnake (MS2028)

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/45-model-shipways-rattlesnake-ms2028-scale-164th/

Side Build: HMS Victory: Corel

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/3709-hms-victory-by-jpett-corel-198/?p=104762

On the back burner:  1949 Chris Craft Racer: Dumas

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/939-1949-chris-craft-racer-by-jpett-dumas-kit-no-1702/

Sometime, but not sure when: Frigate Berlin: Corel

http://www.corel-srl.it/pdf/berlin.pdf

some great tips there - thank you, no build tonight - Fat club - still on my weight loss journey

going by the hints and tip offered - i hope to follow the colour scheme as per the Flory build http://www.florymodels.co.uk/trumperter-1200-bismark-file/

and have her looking like this, but as stated before this is all new to me,  once again thankyou

NOT MY PHOTO (Flory)

_DSC0017-5.jpg

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

I must say these models are far removed from the models of my youth. I made dozens and dozens of plastic models as a boy but none were this detailed or interesting. I can't say I'll go plastic versus wood but this forum does made me reconsider. Hmmm...

Nice work Kevin, it'll be fun watching this model develop.

Reading your post and watching them the numbers are amazing!!

Ten hours a day working on her, 1700 plastic parts plus the handmade to superdetailed the structure and the whole thing... Simply amazed me!

I´ll be here watching for sure!

Daniel.

Good evening everyone, just finished putting the PE onto the small hangers, as i have the hangers open, what colour would we find on the all the bulkheads inside of them, i would presume grey,

No pictures, as that would spoil the flow of my build log, even though i am keeping a running build log (total hours) now = 54

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Ahoy Kevin :D

The Germans were very regimented. I am sure there was a standard color used for the interior of their hangers.

My suggestion: Put some LED's in the hull and some well placed holes in the deck to illuminate these areas and others.

On with the Show.... B) 

J.Pett

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/45-model-shipways-rattlesnake-ms2028-scale-164th/

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/3709-hms-victory-by-jpett-corel-198/?p=104762

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/939-1949-chris-craft-racer-by-jpett-dumas-kit-no-1702/

Good evening everyone, amongst everything else going on within MSW and rl i managed to do some of my build

the pe kit requires all the kit moulded items to be removed first, which takes some time, but achieved getting about 50 pieces on before my eyes said i have had enough, the portholes take the most time as they have to be f

drilled out first.

post-846-0-41663400-1385060090_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-81089400-1385060094_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-16255100-1385060099_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-26205200-1385060103_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-86217000-1385060106_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-49089900-1385060111_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Ahoy Kevin

If it helps "the portholes with the PE look fantastic". They really make a difference

On with the Show.... B) 

J.Pett

very nice P.E. work Kevin........really makes the detail stand out  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

i have screwed up the bridge side windows, have put hem in they were not in the original mould, but they look like poo, finding it impossible to cut staright lines in think plastic, look like i will have to fill them in and do again, al;so i am unable to get proper PE square windows to cover them, when i do get straight lines- oh hum

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Very nice clean crisp work Kevin.Just a suggestion,if you could get some plastruct/evergreen styrene section with the correct internal dimensions for your bridge windows,you could cut the holes a little larger and bond this in.Then sand flush and fill if necessary when set

Kind Regards Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

Ahoy Kevin :D

I will second Nigel' response. Evergreen styrene has saved my ars many times. It is great for adding things two. Whatever you think you need buy a size above and below. It's uses are endless.

On with the Show.... B) 

J.Pett

Kevin;  I've been watching your log for awhile now, and also your incredible work with your Victory;  So now I have to ask your opinion...  Do you think the Bismark could be scratch built effectively in mostly wood at 1:76.8 scale?  I've never scratch-built anything in plastic... I am currently working on the Cutty Sark in that scale, and plan to buy Model Shipway's Constitution in that scale, and am planning on scratchbuilding the Victory, also in the same scale.  You Bismarck guys have now made me add that build to my list, and at 44 years of age, I just might be able to finish all these... :D

Great work!

Bob

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

I will keep this short and sweet as not to detract from Kevin's thread.If you fancy scratchbuilding a wooden Bismarck,here is some food for thought.There is a modeler over here in the UK called Jimmy Wood.Although his specialty is offshore vessels,he works exclusively in wood and brass to the scale of 1/100.Construction wise I cannot foresee much difference building a warship.He has won several gold medals for his work.Here is an example

http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/Shows/Midlands_2004/Seawell/index.htm

Kind Regards Nigel

Edited by NMBROOK

Currently working on Royal Caroline

good evening everyone

one of the platforms required the lugs to be removed so that it could be replaced by PE, i did not remove 100% but kept a little so that i had something to use as a level then i slightly shortened the support bars so that it fitted into place

post-846-0-47808500-1385320071_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-14381900-1385320085_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-74215100-1385320089_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

work continues on the forward island, non of the platform level have been glued into position so may seam slightly squiffy, and it is all work in progress 

the reason for the black banding on the bridge is an error, i pained the inside, during which the front masking fell off, oh hum

post-846-0-19388900-1385320370_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-90741700-1385320374_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-63708600-1385320378_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-37017700-1385320382_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-92033100-1385320386_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-61731700-1385320390_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-29056000-1385320394_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-51185400-1385320397_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-05242100-1385320401_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-32355100-1385320404_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

looking through these phot's i have spotted a mistake, i dropped number 3 radar setitng up for the photo shoot,and knocked off one of the PE parts, and quickly glued it back into position, -the wrong way around it would seam

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

looking great Kevin.......if you hadn't mentioned the pho-par.......I never would notice it.   as a matter of fact,  I don't see it ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

thankyou for that - lots of info to get into

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

I lost track of my post so forgive me if you already responded to this. But are you not painting this?

non of the levels are glued at this time, i have primed a lot, to try and prevent making the plastic too greasy/ finger prints, when the two islands are finished, i will then paint 

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Oh cool sounds good. You should use filters they work great on these kinds of ships.

i would like her to look like the photo in post 172, a couple of pages back, i don't have any time scale in period, just to build until completion

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hi Kevin, whilst looking through Amazon I came across the book which might be of help to you if you don't have it already

The Battleship Bismarck (Top Drawings) [Paperback] Waldemar Góralski (Author)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/8362878592/ref=pe_26761_41900181_em_1p_0_ti

Best wishes

Jimbob (Richard)

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.

Hi Kevin, whilst looking through Amazon I came across the book which might be of help to you if you don't have it already

The Battleship Bismarck (Top Drawings) [Paperback] Waldemar Góralski (Author)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/8362878592/ref=pe_26761_41900181_em_1p_0_ti

Good evening Jim, i have a copy of this, it does the job, bit is still not 100% accurate compared to photo's, lol - we cannot have everything, so between the kit and this book, and some 3d rendering phot's i have enough to get on with 

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

did something tonight to aid my model making skills and subscribed to this site, seam to have everything i need, and i have some of their products as well, i dont attend clubs so i really need a teacher, no doubt you will all (well the ones that are interested) get to know how i get on in the coming months

http://www.florymodels.co.uk/

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished