HMAT Supply by Kiwiron - FINISHED - Caldercraft 1/64

Thanks a lot for all of your comments gentlemen.I sure have learnt a lot for next time.Scratching my head a lot on plan sheet 6 but think it's right.

Current builds: HMS Victory - Caldercraft 1:72

Completed builds: HMB Endeavour - OcCre 1:54   HMS Supply - Caldercraft 1:64. Fishing boats, Bremen,  Palamos.

Fantastic stuff Ron, the furled sails are a courageous addition which you have pulled off perfectly. With the running rigging installed this is going to be a great model. I look forward to seeing it's completion.

We get to that point where we ask...what's next?

Cheers

Alistair

Cheers

Alistair

Current Build - HMS Fly by aliluke - Victory Models - 1/64

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34180-hms-fly-by-aliluke-victory-models-164/

Previous Build  - Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Previous Build - Dutch Whaler by Sergal (hull only, no log)

Well nearly all done now,just a display stand to do.One year three months.I enjoyed most of it.Thanks to Frank and Doug for their photo's and everyone's advice without them it would be a rotting hull somewhere.Pretty happy how it turned out for my first sailing ship.

post-837-0-00521300-1383805744_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-48303000-1383805752_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-53950700-1383805786_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-17904700-1383805794_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-08461900-1383805802_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-25997000-1383805810_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-19261000-1383806098_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-29660200-1383806104_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-63552500-1383806111_thumb.jpg

post-837-0-94122800-1383806117_thumb.jpg

Completed builds: HMB Endeavour - OcCre 1:54   HMS Supply - Caldercraft 1:64. Fishing boats, Bremen,  Palamos.

Ron - super job - next will be have to be the 'Victory'. You need to find a stand that compliments the colouring of your ship. Along with Cornwall Model Boats there is Model Dockyard and at times they are a bit cheaper ( also based in Cornwall, England ) You will probably need a glass case to keep the dust off - don't want to be glueing things back after dusting :)

There is only Frank you and me building this ship - having lost the old site (shame) as that was a good source of help as it had some other builders of this ship.

Anyway well done - excellent work

Regards

Doug

Completed: HM Brig Supply - JoKita / Caldercraft 1:64

HMS Fly - Caldercraft 1:64

HMS Sherborne - Caldercraft 1:64

HM Brig Flirt - Vanguard 1:64

Congratulations Ron, you've built a ship to be proud of.

Cheers

Slog 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HM Bark Endeavour (First Wood, On Hold)

Borodino (1:200 Card, Current Build)

Admiral Nakhimov (card 1/200)

Mazur D-350 Artillery Tractor (1:25 Card) 

F-8 Crusader (1:48 Aircraft, Plastic)

very nice looking ship Ron........so very well done!   nice even color throughout,   and the rigging is just fantastic!  congrats ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Well, you certainly have a fine lady to be proud of.  And this your first sailing vessel.  Terrific job.  Hope you find that display stand and put her in a place of honor.

Now, what's to be the next project  ??

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Hi Doug,Slog,Popeye and Augie,thanks a lot men for your comments they mean a lot to me.Doug check out Dan Vads gallery of his finnished Supply totally differant class to my attempt.Next one Augie is the Occre Endeavour when i am allowed to start it,i got a hard time building the Supply.The Endeavour was the one i have been practicing for,i hope i can do a decent job.Half as good as Slogs i will be happy.I got it through e-bay usa texas.de website which is actually a german site sending a spanish model to my brother in Montana who then shipped it to me because i could'nt get it shipped direct to NZ.So she has had a few voyages already.

I'll be looking forward to your log on Endeavor :)

Better stain that outdoor table before we see her out there!!!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Looks good and shows the care and time put into the build. Only have one thing that bothers me, probably only me only because of my having been a Gunners Mate in the Navy and kind of a gun nut by nature. Your guns do not have enough room to work them or allow for recoil, might be because the guns provided were the wrong scale and or the Cargo Hatch is to wide. Most won't notice. I was once ordered to fire a loaded gun, knowing it would recoil into a locked loader tray. Used a stinger hooked up to the another guns firing circuit, fired the gun while taking shelter in my helmet. It recoiled into the tray, parts went everywhere and the gun was down for about 3 months. Repaired it in place, when it should have been replaced. I was the safety observer, so I didn't get to leave, like the Fleet Marine gun crew did. Yep, I always consider recoil when I see a crew served gun. My observation only, it does not detract from the quality of your build.

jud

Hi Jud yup the hatch covers were about 5mm wider than they were supposed to be but i put short ropes on them so they won't diappear down the hold on firing.I guess the first thing you learn is don't stand behind a moveable object.I bet your experiance was very noisy.

Congratulations Ron!!! A great model - the patina of being already aged really sets it off. Your furled sails are a great addition. Brilliant work and hats off to you!

Interested too, to hear what's next? Seems to me you are up for anything!

Great stuff!

Cheers

Alistair

Cheers

Alistair

Current Build - HMS Fly by aliluke - Victory Models - 1/64

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34180-hms-fly-by-aliluke-victory-models-164/

Previous Build  - Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Previous Build - Dutch Whaler by Sergal (hull only, no log)

Thanks a lot Alistair it's been good,i'm just no good at fairing.It looks 100 years old already and ready for the breakers yard,should be able to save the ships bell.The Occre Endeavour is next i like the Occre instructions.Being in NZ we haveto do this at some stage.ron.

CONGRATS!! Ron..... She looks just great!....... excellent job my friend ,and guess what..... you finished before me :P .. looking forward to your Endeavour build.( Please...... don't finish that one before I finish my Supply :D :D )

Frank

Edited by riverboat

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Haha thanks Frank,don't worry you finnished well before me it's just my crew mutineered and are living happily ever after on a beautifull pacific island.

post-4-0-58996700-1383938935_thumb.jpg  post-4-0-99852600-1383938944_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-51887600-1383938951_thumb.jpg  post-4-0-86771400-1383938959_thumb.jpg

Edited by kiwiron
Picture Rotation

The front and back shots really show the sails to great effect.

Ron, if your Endeavour turns out anything like the Supply it will be a fantastic example.

Cheers

Slog 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HM Bark Endeavour (First Wood, On Hold)

Borodino (1:200 Card, Current Build)

Admiral Nakhimov (card 1/200)

Mazur D-350 Artillery Tractor (1:25 Card) 

F-8 Crusader (1:48 Aircraft, Plastic)

after I've put my pictures in the computer,  I turn them all right side up and size down from there.    those are some nice shots

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Thanks Slog and Popeye.If my Endeavour is anywhere near as good as yours Slog i will be very happy.Popeye the photos i copy from in my pictures file are the right way up so don't know why they come out sideways.May be try to turn them on the camera b4 i load them onto the computer.

Rotated your pics for you Ron.

:cheers:  Danny

Cheers, Danny

________________________________________________________________________________
Current Build :    Forced Retirement from Modelling due to Health Issues

Build Logs :   Norfolk Sloop  HMS Vulture - (TFFM)  HMS Vulture Cross-section  18 foot Cutter    Concord Stagecoach   18th Century Longboat in a BOTTLE 

CARD Model Build Logs :   Mosel   Sydney Opera House (Schreiber-Bogen)   WWII Mk. IX Spitfire (Halinski)  Rolls Royce Merlin Engine  Cape Byron Lighthouse (HMV)       Stug 40 (Halinski)    Yamaha MT-01   Yamaha YA-1  HMS Hood (Halinski)  Bismarck (GPM)  IJN Amatsukaze 1940 Destroyer (Halinski)   HMVS Cerberus   Mi24D Hind (Halinski)  Bulgar Steam Locomotive - (ModelikTanker and Beer Wagons (Modelik)  Flat Bed Wagon (Modelik)  Peterbuilt Semi Trailer  Fender Guitar  

Restorations for Others :  King of the Mississippi  HMS Victory
Gallery : Norfolk Sloop,   HMAT Supply,   HMS Bounty,   HMS Victory,   Charles W. Morgan,   18' Cutter for HMS Vulture,   HMS Vulture,  HMS Vulture Cross-section,             18th Century Longboat in a Bottle 

Other Previous Builds : Le Mirage, Norske Love, King of the Mississippi

...never figured out how to do it with my camera........I just wait till later :)   

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Great looking Supply Ron.   Sit back, admire and be proud.  Then tomorrow get that thing into a display case and start your next build. ;)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Ron

You have done a fantastic job on your build well done.

Are you pleased you put the sails on as they do complete the build well done again, fantastic job on making them.

Re photos, I have a programme for photos "Ashapoo Photo Commander 11"  you can re size turn the photos around etc have a look at it .

Looking forward to your next build.

Denis.

Thanks Denis,I'm glad i had a go at the sails,you don't know if it will turn out until you try.I could turn the photo's ok and come out correctly on xp but not windows 8 at home.Well i have opened the Endeavour box no turning back now.