Niagara by patrickmil - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1/64th

Hey Patrick,

Who am I to disagree with such high ranking comments, I can only agree mate, fantastic work.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Augie, Popeye, Sjors, Bob and Mobbsie, thanks as always for looking in. I have the port quarter-boat hung and griped. That only leaves the yawl on the stern to be hung and then I will have to add some rope coils to go along with the rigging. I may also have a tiny bit of touch-up paint to do.

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Patrick, that is one fine looking vessel you have going on there.  Caught up once again and the rigging is FANTASTIC!! Looks quite majestic all dolled up like that!!

WONDERFUL job!

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull

Adam and Bob, thanks for looking in. Bob, I scratch built the three of the boats. I tried the bread and butter for one of the boats and wasn't satisfied with the result.

Thanks,

Patrick

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Thanks the comments Scott. Hopefully I'll be getting in some bench time tonight to get this ship finished.

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

Ben, thanks for the comments and for looking in. All three ship's boats are hung and griped. These last pictures are of the yawl in it's proper spot. At this point, I'm going to call this build completed. Give me a day or two and I'll have the full fledged completion pictures posted to the proper spot and this log. Thanks to all for the support and comments. Next up... The Model Shipways 1/76 Constitution.

post-122-0-23650500-1394729042_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-91002400-1394729042_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-68866200-1394729043_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-01489800-1394729044_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-42261000-1394729044_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-69396100-1394729053_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

Just lovely.  That last shot is a classic of which you should be proud.

Looking forward to the finished photos.  Are you thinking of casing her?

Now as for the Constitution.........   :)

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Really, really nice Patrick.... a build well done, good luck with the Conny!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Augie, thanks for your kind words. I am rather proud of finishing a well rigged ship. At this time I am not planning on casing her as I just don't have the room in my home for just such a piece of furniture. She sits nicely on a shelf on the wall and for the time being I'll just have to dust her off from time to time. Down the road, I'm sure there will be a case though. As for the Connie... I've got some plans for her that deviates pretty far from the instructions she comes with. I'll save that for her build log which may also be up in several days.

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

Frank, thanks for your very kind words. I will definitely need the luck with Connie.

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

cut 'em some slack....he showed you a boat didn't he???? :D :D :D

looking forward in seeing the finish gallery Patrick........nice looking oars!  ;)

the Connie huh...........now that will be fun!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Sjors, I will get some finished pictures up as soon as I get a decent background fro photographing. Of course there will be many front row seats available for Connie. Popeye, thanks for watching my six from photo-hungry ship builders.  :D

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

Patrick;

Congratulations, fine work indeed!  The Niagara is my prerequisite for building the Conny;  In my teens I did Revell's Constitution and Cutty Sark.  My current Cutty is an old Billing's Boat kit that is being around 90% scratch built.  I plan to finish the "big three"...  Cutty, Conny, and Victory.  I'll also purchase the MS Constitution kit, but when it comes time for the Victory, I plan on 100% scratch build.  Looking forward to seeing your Conny  posts; (maybe my Niagara will be done when your Conny is...)

~Bob

Bob, thanks for stopping by. My Niagara was also my precursor for the Constitution. Like you, I completed the Revell Connie years ago and I have a cat who is one life shorter after knocking it off of a six foot high shelf. The Victory will be coming after the Connie and will most likely be the Billings kit since theirs has the closest scale to MS's Connie. I have some big future plans to scratch the 74 gun ship Ohio one of these days too. I have been looking in on your Cutty build log and have to say that your attention to detail is inspiring. I have no doubt that your Niagara will be complete long before I get half way done with Connie.

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

She's a real beauty Patrick, be proud mate, be very proud. I hope you have enjoyed your journey as much as those of us who followed you.

I will join Sjors and no doubt many others when you begin your Connie, good luck with her.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Mobbsie, thanks for the compliment. Thanks to all for the many likes as well. I did enjoy building Niagara very much am glad you were all here for the ride. 

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

Here are my finished pictures. I will get these over to the gallery after this post. Thanks again for all of the support along the way.

post-122-0-37750400-1394805121_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-45695300-1394805122_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-23586900-1394805123_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-64027000-1394805123_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-61349800-1394805258_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-98549000-1394805258_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-20939000-1394805294_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-58900600-1394805294_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-94775300-1394805294_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-28725300-1394805295_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-08959000-1394805296_thumb.jpg

post-122-0-47876000-1394805296_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

Really nice Patrick, job well done. Save me a seat for the Conny. That will be a challenge for sure. Thanks for all you put into your log as I will be using it for reference once I begin building her.

John

Current Current Builds:

US Brig Niagara on my website

FINISHED BUILD LOGS:

New Bedford Whaleboat - page on my Morgan Website:  http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com/whaleboat-build-log-by-john-fleming.html

C.W. Morgan - Model Shipways 1:64 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1785-cw-morgan-by-texxn5-johnf-ms-164-kit/

USS Constitution - Revell 1:96 http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/1796-uss-constitution-by-texxn5-johnf-revell-196-kit/

website US Brig Niagara Model http://www.niagaramodel.com

website Charles W Morgan Model http://www.charleswmorganmodel.com

website PROXXON DISCOUNT TOOL STORE http://proxxontoolsdiscount.com

Thanks again for the positive comments throughout my build John. It has really meant a lot to me. I will have many seats available for Connie. I'm planning on bashing the heck out of the kit and once I have my plans and materials lined up I'll have a log going.

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

congratz Patrick!   she looks superb......very well done.....nice 'n clean,  and the rigging is awesome!  yepper!  Be proud....you did it!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

congrats Patrick

a proud ship and a proud builder....

well done !

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Popeye, Bob and Nils, your kind comments really mean a lot to me. Thanks for following me through this build.

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne

Andy, thanks for your compliment. These words coming from so many excellent modelers have really made the build log worth posting.

Thanks,

Patrick

- John Wayne