Dan Vadas

QUICK-FIND INDEXES to BUILD LOGS FOR KITS

oops - now I see that you are updating the index in batches, not rolling.  sorry for not reading enough.

-Josh

16 hours ago, josh44 said:

I am almost finished with my first build log - scratch -ship in bottle -Schooner Annie.

How do I get it onto the index?

That's my job. I'll get onto it shortly :).

16 hours ago, josh44 said:

Also, how do I list my current builds and FInished builds, like the post above me?

By editing your Signature. Click on your Username at the top of the page, click on Account Settings, then Signature and go from there.

To mark the build log as Finished - edit the FIRST post of the log. There is a box in the edit function that allows you to edit the Title of the log.

Danny

Danny,

I joined MSW back in early January.  At that time I started a log for the Lincolnville Wherry.   I see since then the Index has been updated several times, yet my log has not yet shown up in the index.   I was just curious if I failed to update some field that is preventing my log from being included when the index is rebuilt?

If it is just a question of your time, then no hurry on my part... I totally understand.   I just wanted to know if I missed some step in creating my log,

Thanks for your time

John

15 hours ago, John Gummersall said:

I joined MSW back in early January.  At that time I started a log for the Lincolnville Wherry.   I see since then the Index has been updated several times, yet my log has not yet shown up in the index.   I was just curious if I failed to update some field that is preventing my log from being included when the index is rebuilt?

John, your build log has been in the "Small Craft" Index for some time now. I'm guessing you were looking in the Wooden Ships Index?

Danny

Danny, when I click on the PLASTIC/RESIN link I get the Card PDF file; likewise when I click on the CARD link, I get the Card PDF ....... Looks like a couple links got broken/overlaid.

44 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

Danny, when I click on the PLASTIC/RESIN link I get the Card PDF file; likewise when I click on the CARD link, I get the Card PDF ....... Looks like a couple links got broken/overlaid.

Problem fixed.

Danny

18 hours ago, Dan Vadas said:

John, your build log has been in the "Small Craft" Index for some time now. I'm guessing you were looking in the Wooden Ships Index?

Danny

Danny,

Thanks for the information... I now see it in "Small Craft" section and index.   I am sorry,  I just assumed my log was going into the Wooden Ships section.  Never thought to look in other sections  -

For the future, when I create a new log, how do I know what section it goes into?  Is there some field I missed that would indicate what section the log is created?

Thanks for your time - I appreciate it

John

16 hours ago, John Gummersall said:

For the future, when I create a new log, how do I know what section it goes into?  Is there some field I missed that would indicate what section the log is created?

John, read the post at the top of the Build Logs for Kits page titled "Starting and Naming your Build Log" for more information.

Danny

27 minutes ago, Dan Vadas said:

John, read the post at the top of the Build Logs for Kits page titled "Starting and Naming your Build Log" for more information.

Danny

Danny,

I am sorry, I did read the top of the Build Logs for Kits page titled "Starting and Naming your Build Log"...  But looks like I did not read it carefully enough.   I now see what I was missing in the build log title.

Thanks for putting up with my poor reading of the "Starting and Naming your Build Log" documentation

John

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:54 PM, Dan Vadas said:

That's my job. I'll get onto it shortly :).

By editing your Signature. Click on your Username at the top of the page, click on Account Settings, then Signature and go from there.

To mark the build log as Finished - edit the FIRST post of the log. There is a box in the edit function that allows you to edit the Title of the log.

Danny

Hi Danny, regarding the Signature - so I tried to copy and paste in the links to my ships, but it put in the pictures as well - a little to clunky, and not what I want.  How do I set up a hyperlink to my builds but without the picture? like everyone else....

thanks!

4 hours ago, josh44 said:

How do I set up a hyperlink to my builds but without the picture? like everyone else

When editing your Signature - type the Text you want (e.g. Ship's Name), highlight it with the mouse and use the Link button in the Edit Box (it looks like 3 chain links). You need to copy/paste the URL from the Address Bar (top of screen) of the page you want to use as the Link. You can Format the text in your Signature (text size, colour etc).

BTW - I did it for you ;).

Danny