Majellan by Omega1234 - FINISHED - 1/200 - Luxury 37 m Motor Yacht - Miniature

G'day Patrick, I've just been catching up on your build, its amazing work, now I admit I use drop down magnifying glasses, what do you use, drop down Microscopes,   :o :o :o

best regards John.

Hi John

Thanks! Truth be told, I wish I really did have 'a pair of drop down microscopes'...they'd certainly help me find those pesky little parts that go flying off in all sorts of directions!

Have a great weekend!

Cheers

Patrick

Hi everyone

Thanks for all of your comments and Likes. Very much appreciated!

Majellan has large awnings that stretch over the decks to provide shade to the guests on board. The first awning covers the spa on the Sun Deck, whilst the second stretches over the large settee on the Bridge Deck. I've started to do a mock-up of these awnings, which can be seen in the following photos.

Internally, I've continued with the fit out of the owner's suite, in particular a small office area that sits just aft of the entrance to the sleeping area.

Still loads of work to go, of course.

I hope you enjoy the photos!

All the best, folks.

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-72516300-1463924171_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-17593100-1463924189_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-60917000-1463924206_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-98343000-1463924237_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-49562600-1463924291_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-66791000-1463924307_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-59428700-1463924328_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-50870300-1463924348_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-30933400-1463924370_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-38847600-1463924428_thumb.jpeg

post-7645-0-46796000-1463924449_thumb.jpeg

Super, Patrick.

Your work continues to amaze me - you fit so much into a tiny space.  On first viewing the photo with the apple I thought "that's an amazingly large apple!"  

Patrick, a fellow could get lost onboard your vessel. So many things in so small of space, great job!

Zipper hydroplane(Miss Mabel ) finished

John Cudahy  Scratch build 1/4" scale Steam Tug

1914 Steam Tug Scratch build from HAMMS plans

1820 Pinky  "Eagle" Scratch build from; American Ships Their Plans and History

Your work, as always, is fantastic.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Your work, as always, is fantastic.

Bob

Thanks Bob!  Over the past week, I was starting to feel really disappointed with myself, because I had started to focus on all of the mistakes and stuff ups on Majellan, rather than what I've actually achieved.  Seeing your comment, plus everyone else's Likes and comments, made me realise that it's not that bad after all.  Owe you big time, for that!  Thanks

Patrick, a fellow could get lost onboard your vessel. So many things in so small of space, great job!

Thanks Steve!  When I was first starting construction, I must admit that the deck plans were so confusing, that I was always getting lost!  It's only now, that the construction is well underway, that things are starting to make sense.  Took a while, though.

All the best guys!

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Thanks Bob!  Over the past week, I was starting to feel really disappointed with myself, because I had started to focus on all of the mistakes and stuff ups on Majellan, rather than what I've actually achieved.  Seeing your comment, plus everyone else's Likes and comments, made me realise that it's not that bad after all.  Owe you big time, for that!  Thanks

All the best guys!

Patrick

Not that bad???  No, it's great, sir.  Don't beat yourself up because we all our own worst critics.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Not that bad???  No, it's great, sir.  Don't beat yourself up because we all our own worst critics.  

Thanks Mark.  I wasn't 'fishing for compliments', trust me.  It's just that I recognise that I galloped ahead with the internal construction, to the detriment of the external paintwork. Now, it's getting harder and harder to address that mistake so that I can give her the perfect paint job that I usually pride myself on (there are so many things getting in the way).  Big mistake!

Oh well!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Patrick, if we all focused on our mistakes we would give up on model making.  So we forge ahead in spite of our mistakes and when we finish we hear, "Wow, that's great", and "You did a great job", and "How do you do such lovely work?" But we look at what we built and say, "Well maybe it's not so bad after all".

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Patrick, if we all focused on our mistakes we would give up on model making. So we forge ahead in spite of our mistakes and when we finish we hear, "Wow, that's great", and "You did a great job", and "How do you do such lovely work?" But we look at what we built and say, "Well maybe it's not so bad after all".

Bob

So very true, Bob. It always helps to keep things in the right perspective.

Thanks and all the best!

well said Bob...........some of my best work,  has been through mistakes  :D  :D    me thinks you did a very fine job  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Patrick when I look at the close ups I keep forgetting how small this model is. As so many have already mentioned focus on what you have achieved it is truly amazing. The next model is always going to be another challenge and we bring the knowledge forward from what we learned on the last, there is no such thing as perfect because there is always room to improve. Your work continues to inspire.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Patrick when I look at the close ups I keep forgetting how small this model is. As so many have already mentioned focus on what you have achieved it is truly amazing. The next model is always going to be another challenge and we bring the knowledge forward from what we learned on the last, there is no such thing as perfect because there is always room to improve. Your work continues to inspire.

Michael

Thanks Michael!  You're right about my next model.  It should be easier...one hopes!

All the best.

Cheers

Patrick

Hi Folks!  

Who said that scatter cushions need to be neatly arranged?  Bah Humbug, I say!  Majellan has a multitude of various sized cushions on the entertainment and recreation areas of the decks, e.g. the large settees at the rear of the Bridge Deck and the settees surrounding the front of the spa on the Sun Deck.  In order to give that "lived in" impression, I just scattered them haphazardly; some on the deck itself, a couple on the spa and the rest placed in no particular order, or pattern.

I hope you like the effect!

Thanks and all the best.

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-14714900-1464182484_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-07869900-1464182491_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-37069200-1464182498_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-66581900-1464182504_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-53110000-1464182511_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-06308000-1464182518_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-75538400-1464182524_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-22030100-1464182532_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-88453200-1464182538_thumb.jpg

I like it this way, Patrick.  As you say, it looks lived in.  Now, if there were some towels lying around .... oops, there we go again.

By the way, have you ever used the lead foil from the neck of a wine bottle to serve as a fabric?  It shapes really well and holds the shape.  It's also a great reason to open another bottle of wine, as though we need a reason.

Edited by Mahuna

Still cant get over how small this model is. Stunning work Patrick! :)

Thanks FNick! I'm kinda addicted to small models; not just because they take less room to display them in, but, there's also something mesmerising about holding a finely crafted ship in the palm of your hand

.I like it this way, Patrick. As you say, it looks lived in. Now, if there were some towels lying around .... oops, there we go again.

By the way, have you ever used the lead foil from the neck of a wine bottle to serve as a fabric? It shapes really well and holds the shape. It's also a great reason to open another bottle of wine, as though we need a reason.

Hi Frank - I have actually been thinking about the towels, but couldn't really see how to do them realistically. Your idea about the lead foil may just work. Thanks!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

PILLOW FIGHT!!!!!!!  ;)    awesome Patrick............simply awesome!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

You're a real watchmaker, my friend. I followed very silently inconspicuously in the shadows, although, those were hard to find with such a radiant build. You do have a nack for this very small scale ... tremendously marvelous ...

Cheers mate!

Edited by cog

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

You're a real watchmaker, my friend. I followed very silently inconspicuously in the shadows, although, those were hard to find with such a radiant build. You do have a nack for this very small scale ... tremendously marvelous ...

Cheers mate!

Hey Carl

Many thanks!!! Nice to have you drop by, but, please promise me that you won't lurk in the shadows anymore. After all, I really value your comments (as I do for everyone else's, as well).

Stay well and I hope your new IT business is going well.

Cheers and all the best

Patrick

Nice job Patrick! Towels are a good idea ;). The pillows look great as always!

-Elijah

Current build(s):

Continental Gunboat Philadelphia by Model Shipways

https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15753-continental-gunboat-philadelphia-by-elijah-model-shipways-124-scale/

Completed build(s):

Model Shipways Phantom

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?showtopic=12376

Member of:

The Nautical Research Guild

N.R.M.S.S. (Nautical Research and Model Ship Society)

Hi everyone

Progress has been a bit slow this week for a variety of reasons, but nevertheless, I've made the two wooden doors which lead from Majellan's main deck into the main saloon.  They're tiny, so I don't know how easily you'll be able to see them in the photos.

Also, in the lower deck, I've done the staircase which leads from that deck through to the main deck's saloon.  Again, it's hard to see, but here goes anyway.

All the best everyone!

Cheers

Patrick

post-7645-0-30488500-1464700449_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-27775100-1464700456_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-05450800-1464700461_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-50543800-1464700467_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-18680200-1464700476_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-06551100-1464700483_thumb.jpg

post-7645-0-42583800-1464700488_thumb.jpg

G'day Patrick

As you know, I've had some family issues lately, and this is the first time I've had a chance to catch up with your incredible log. Fantastic, unbelievable, breathtaking are just a few words that come to my mind. Inspiration is another and there are no faults with this model, trust me, it's only your mind playing tricks.

Could you please take photo with your hand as a size guide holding the dining chairs. It will blow me and others away.

Havagooday mate

Greg

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

looks super Patrick!  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: