Warspite by kpnuts - FINISHED - Academy - 1/350 - PLASTIC - diorama

Hi ya all a quick question where would the fire hoses be stored on warspite. I mean they wouldn't dip buckets in the sea to put out fires would they. The reason I ask is I've had an idea for another hit on warspite but I want the sailors trying to put it out, oh and another quick question would they try and launch the walrus whilst under attack.

Well she's nearly done now just some rails and the rigging (no idea where that goes) I can see some of it in the box atr but obviously that does not show where its anchored or anything.

got a bit of work to do on the base and the background, but definitly on the finishing stretch.

nY1tuyD.jpg

VhTL52E.jpg

kMF8Aeo.jpg

6FlI0kQ.jpg

I6Edg9t.jpg

Wy1Rv69.jpg

wAg2kb0.jpg

JJUaqBV.jpg

OiZ2ivi.jpg

Hi all this is where I am now still a lot of little things to add so probably wont be posting any more on this for a while as the bits I need to do wont really show up much and would just be boreing, but dont worry I will still be working on it.

Will have to find someone to donate it to then as its is too big to stay here.

WWdL31k.jpg

eR7aFH6.jpg

cJDkc4b.jpg

cjFbUX6.jpg

0ISmOlp.jpg

gSNrAQO.jpg

ZIQy0AF.jpg

3BYdbfv.jpg

EO9iSyf.jpg

K19lY8G.jpg

sclX3e9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

just found your build log today, your model with the explosions and fire are the most realistic I've ever seen!  congrats on your amazing diorama!

John

future build: to finish Mary Rose

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/8507-mary-rose-by-tarbrush-scale-172-1545/?hl=%2Bmary+%2Brose

completed builds:  Constructo Steam Launch Louise

well here is where I am now sorry in advance not turned out anywhere near as good as I hoped have ruined the rigging and some of the paint work,doing some more to the dio then the whole thing will be done I feel I have to finnish the base as I prommissed myself I wouldnt start anything else till this was finished.. dont think I will be donating it to the library though and definitley not to the next club show table I think it is now ruined and fit for the spares drawer 

loWIQix.jpg

8FNct7r.jpg

oUASSk8.jpg

aS38ZHF.jpg

YpBBIER.jpg

FdAWEEC.jpg

MOy0Wlz.jpg

e4SVIWb.jpg

z1DAYWQ.jpg

yT03g56.jpg

did you use string or wire for the rigging?  I know it would have been cables, what you could try instead is get some very flexable wire ( like the wire you get out of the wire for a pair of headphones/earbuds), the first you run the rigging that supports the towers (forward first  then aft) the wire would be helpful as it  can take more tension and it can be wrapped by hand to hold itself until you get it glued and trimmed.

if the current rigging is glued, it can be unglued.  many methods of undoing dried glue.

so I don't think its a loss, just needs fixing.

Edited by Grimber

Current Build Log(s):

-Swift Virginia Pilot Boat 1805- Artesania Latina 1985 no sails kit.  My first wooden ship build.

Carrack - Woodkrafter Kits

Completed Build Log(s):

-Pirate Ship- Woodkrafter Kits Ship in a Bottle - First ship in a bottle kit build.

-The Secret Revealed Boat in a Bottle Kit- Authentic Models - Ship In Bottle

On the Shelf to build:

- Build a Ship in a Bottle Kit - Authentic Models

- The Chesapeake Bay Flattie - Midwest Products

- Armistad 1832 - Serial Modellbau

- San Gabriele 1497 - Serial Modellbau

- Clara May English Ketch - Artesania Latina

- Santa Maria - Scientific

- Margaretha - Tris Model

- Paranzella - Tris Model

happened to me with the revel plastic constitution.  got the rigging on and the tension would slack after a while.  was a combination of the line stretching ( i think it was mostly nylon which stretches allot), the plastic masts bending to the tension and glue not holding the lines as well as they should.   I replaced the lines with a combination of cotton line and thin wires ( little enamel paint to recolor after the rigging is done) and fixed the sages.

Current Build Log(s):

-Swift Virginia Pilot Boat 1805- Artesania Latina 1985 no sails kit.  My first wooden ship build.

Completed Build Log(s):

-Pirate Ship- Woodkrafter Kits Ship in a Bottle - First ship in a bottle kit build.

On the Shelf to build:

Before stripping off the rigging, try brushing it with a bit of white glue mixed 50/50 with water.  It should add the sag back and might even take out some of the slack.   As for the paint messed up.. I don't see it.  You've gone this far, don't even think scrap box.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Before stripping off the rigging, try brushing it with a bit of white glue mixed 50/50 with water.  It should add the sag back and might even take out some of the slack.   As for the paint messed up.. I don't see it.  You've gone this far, don't even think scrap box.

I didn't even see the paint comment, had to go back and re read.

Yes, I wouldn't toss a model due to paint.  I've many times stripped models completely down to just parts and redone them.  paint can come off with various removers but many times you can also fix a paint job vs starting it over.  Nice thing on military vehicles is you can even take a bad spot in a paint job and with some work turn it into some battle damage.

Current Build Log(s):

Completed Build Log(s):

On the Shelf to build:

If the earphone cable's wires aren't thin enough, you might give internet cat5 cable (or thread used to make flies for fly-fishing) a try. I mised the 'paint job' remark to, but it's all in the eyes of the beholder ...

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Nicely fixed!!!!!

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

A really beautiful (and highly unique) build. This was a joy to follow from start-to-finish !!

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

i like how the warspite is shooting at the ship in the distant background image.  was very worth watching the progress on your work

Current Build Log(s):

Completed Build Log(s):

On the Shelf to build:

Great concept really enjoyed this project would love to see another one.

Ray

Current build A set of HMS Diana`s boats @ 1/48

HMS Royal Marine a Military class Trawler

Completed  HMS Diana

Completed build The Lady Nelson

Completed Build HMS Pegasus

Bravo!  your rigging fix looks good and I love this diorama!  your explosion effects are superb!

Can't wait to see what you do with your Flower Class Corvette!

John

future build: to finish Mary Rose

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/8507-mary-rose-by-tarbrush-scale-172-1545/?hl=%2Bmary+%2Brose

completed builds:  Constructo Steam Launch Louise

Kp,

I am with the others, a very unique build.

Nice save in the paint although I didn't see anything wrong with it myself.

For your main guns, is it too late to add LEDs or concussion waves in the water? There are some great air shots of the Missouri firing a full broad side for reference.

Just a thought.

I think the library would be very happy to have this.

Sam

Current Build Constructo Enterprise