HM Brig Supply by Dfell - FINISHED - Caldercraft / JoTiKa - 1:64

Thank you, Ron. How have you been - not seen you for a while? Might have a go at HMS Bounty (Amati) but not just yet, will have a break but still be keeping an eye on yours and everyone's builds...Again thanks for all your help - as you say the instruction aren't that brilliant but I guess that is the fun bit....

Completed: HM Brig Supply - JoKita / Caldercraft 1:64

HMS Fly - Caldercraft 1:64

HMS Sherborne - Caldercraft 1:64

HM Brig Flirt - Vanguard 1:64

Excellent work Doug... she  looks great!! Congrats!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Hey Doug,If it was'nt for Franks and your Supply mine would'nt have got far.No time to even scratch myself lately let alone do anything on the ship.The Bounty will be great.

Current builds: HMS Victory - Caldercraft 1:72

Completed builds: HMB Endeavour - OcCre 1:54   HMS Supply - Caldercraft 1:64. Fishing boats, Bremen,  Palamos.

Fantastic work. Crisp, clean and precise. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Bloody well done.

Alistair

Cheers

Alistair

Current Build - HMS Fly by aliluke - Victory Models - 1/64

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34180-hms-fly-by-aliluke-victory-models-164/

Previous Build  - Armed Virginia Sloop by Model Shipways

Previous Build - Dutch Whaler by Sergal (hull only, no log)

• 1 month later...

Thank you everyone for your comments - and Geoff will be looking out for your build - good luck.

Been busy sorting out a glass case - very expensive but I guess it is needed

Regards

Doug

Thank you for looking in and your comments,  Amfibius.

I think I have finally finished !!!

Have made up a deck pump from a combination of one from Caldercraft and an Amati one. Although I still have another one to do I may not fit them on the ship as there is really no space - gets a bit tight. The handle had a bit of walnut strip added both sides and sanded round otherwise it would have been flat brass.

attachicon.gif_DSC0012.JPG

Anchors fitted.

attachicon.gif_DSC0014.JPG

attachicon.gif_DSC0022.JPG

Rounded lump added for the sling to sit on - plus having been very impressed by Beef Wellington's (Jason) serving thought I'd have an attempt on the slings.

attachicon.gif_DSC0021.JPG

Final photo

attachicon.gif_DSC0030.JPG

Thank you for looking and and all the comments and those on the old site whose build of the Supply helped me get started. Hopefully I may have helped someone in return.

Again thank you

Regards

Doug

Beautiful build Doug,

a wonderfull sight your Brigg Supply

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

• 2 months later...

A very, very impressive build!! The detail is remarkable. I am particularly impressed with your paintwork. I assume you used Admiralty Paints?? If so, did you use acrylic or enamel? Was an airbrush involved or did you paint everything with a brush?

Hornet

Current Build: - OcCre Shackleton’s Endurance. 

Completed Ship Builds:

Caldercraft - HM Bark Endeavour. (in Gallery)

Caldercraft  - HMAV Bounty (in Gallery)

Caldercraft - HM Brig Supply (In Gallery)

Aeropiccola - Golden Hind

- Constitution

Clipper Seawitch (maker unknown - too long ago to remember!)

Corel - Victory

Modeller's Shipyard - A Schooner of Port Jackson - In Gallery

- Brig `Perseverance' - In Gallery

- Cutter `Mermaid'- In Gallery

- Sirius Longboat (bashed) - In Gallery

- Sloop Norfolk - In Gallery

Completed Cannon:   - French 18th Century Naval Cannon

- Napoleonic 12 pound field piece

- English 18th Century Carronade

Non Ship Builds - Sopwith Camel - Artesania Latina

- Fokker DR1 - Artesania Latina

Beautiful work Doug! Love this ship and would love to build her one day - you've done an excellent job

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780); Admiralty models Echo cross-section (semi-scratch)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch); Off-Centre Sailing Skiff (scratch)

under the bench: MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

Love the pump. Wish mine looked that good!

Current build: Syren : Kit- Model Shipways

Side project: HMS Bounty - Revel -(plastic)

On hold: Pre-owned, unfinished Mayflower (wood)

Past builds: Scottish Maid - AL- 1:50, USS North Carolina Battleship -1/350  (plastic),   Andromede - Dikar (wood),   Yatch Atlantic - 14" (wood),   Pirate Ship - 1:72 (plastic),   Custom built wood Brig from scratch - ?(3/4" =1'),   4 small scratch builds (wood),   Vietnamese fishing boat (wood)   & a Ship in a bottle

hornet - hamilton - and JesseLee 

Thanks for looking at my build and your lovely comments.

hornet - I used Admiralty paints, diluted with some water - hand brushed several coats with sanding in between.

Been building a balsa wood WW1 plane kit - but will get back to ship building.

Also have another distraction - have just had a 1963 Lambretta TV175 series 3 scooter restored to play with....

Had a case built as well for HM Brig Supply - so a bit poor at the moment  :(

post-673-0-66476400-1405013900_thumb.jpg

post-673-0-23022100-1405013668_thumb.jpg

post-673-0-10360500-1405013684_thumb.jpg

Regards

Doug

geoff - hello.

Have sent you a pm but not sure if it worked.

So if you did not get the pm the answer to your question as where I got the case - sshardwoodworking.co.uk - and the guy's name is Simon.

Doug

Edited by Dfell

thanks for the info. Doug, I looked up the address you gave me, he certainly knows his stuff! I now have to summon up the courage to ask for a quote & leave the info for the Admiral to see(accidentally on purpose)!  Geoff

• 6 months later...

Hello Doug,

I just bought theCaldercraft  Supply also, but in my box I see no resign sloops, and the drawings mention nothing about windows in the stern.

Did you "super" detailed them, or can it be that you have a different version?

RonaldB - Hi - yes the windows were a scratch built but not sure what 'resign sloops' are but if they are not in the box then I either bought them or made them

Wish you well with your Supply build and will look forward to it with interest and can certainly help you if you require any as I am sure the others on here who also have built Supply will like to help.

Regards

Doug

post-673-0-24216700-1422729942_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dfell

Hello Doug,

Thanks for your reaction.

About the windows at the stern, i will see what I do

The sloops i was referring too, i wrote it wrong, must be resin (the material), i have seen these somewhere on the net, they are very good detailed and accurate mini models.

For now, i go along making a carefull start whit my Supply.

When i need help, i sure will not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Ron

• 1 year later...

Just read through this whole build and what a stunning piece of work you have created, infact I have now given up wanting to do the Pickle, this model is going to be my next step on the ladder. There is something pretty special showing a ship with no sails, I think they look tons better in the rigging scenario only. Great job my friend and thanks indeed for posting something so interesting it was impossible not to just keep reading.

Current build: Caldercraft 1:64 HM Brig Supply

Finished builds: HMS Endeavours longboat

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Doug, can I just ask please.... The lifeboat on your supply, was this part of the kit? I got mine today and am doing the inventory check and there is not one with the kit, so I thought I'd better ask just in case this is a self build by yourself or an addition as such. Thanks for any feedback.

Terry

Edited by Telp

Hello Telp - bought the ship's boat from Cornwall Model Boats.

Link to web site and item:

http://www.cornwallmodelboats.co.uk/acatalog/caldercraft-ships-boats.html

Hope this helps and hope you got my message awhile back thanking you for your previous nice comments. Thanks again

Regards

Doug

Many thanks Doug, I have duly ordered one, I am going to go for the windows option at the stern as well, that really does set it off. I think I saw them on the cornwall site, little 4 pane metal ones. Must admit, I am not sure about the kit ladder, I think I will be hunting other bits down, this happened when I use to build aircraft, I think 50 per cent ended up being bought or self made. regards

• 1 month later...

Hello Doug, indeed a magnificent build. Very impressive build log and beautiful work(too bad so many pictures got lost). I would sure like to see you build the Amati Bounty as I myself have that one and would be happy to follow you as the "Master" ;)

• 6 months later...

Hi Doug, was wondering if I could ask please where you got the brass stand fittings from for the build, I was having a think on how to mount and remembered seeing these. Many thanks.

Terry

Terry - Hello. Been following your build - nice build!

The brass column mounts came from Cornwall Model Boats (made by Amati)

Regards

Thank you - Blue Ensign - for your comments.

Not sure if anyone noticed I had the design on the bow replicated onto the case stand.  

Again thank you very much to everyone who looked in, commented and the likes.

Regards

Doug