Le Mirage by Sjors - FINISHED - Corel - Wood - 1:75

Hi Sjors,

She's looking great my friend, just be carefull when moving around her, they look prime candidates for knocking off. :huh:

Now that Andy's put you right on port and starboard you'll be able to turn your bus in both directions. :D  :D

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Looking good Sjors! 

Thanks,

Patrick

YouTube Channel for fun: Patrick's Scale Studio

Finished: Model Shipways US Brig Niagara

Current: I Love Kit USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday"

- John Wayne

Great work Sjors,

And now that you can tell Port from Starboard, it might be safe for you to put to sea ;)

Looking good on the gunports, Sjors.   Wayne, I think hit on the perfect ratline.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Suddenly I'm starting to fear cotton balls. That's a lot of guns.  Great work she's looks as beautiful as she does menacing.  

Hi fellow builders,

Thank you all for your support and kind words  :D

I agree! She really is looking excellent!

Blush……..

Great work Sjors,

And now that you can tell Port from Starboard, it might be safe for you to put to sea ;)

@ Wayne - I just LOVED your "ratline" photo. Truly one of the funniest things I've seen here! :D

I hope I now the difference when I'm on the bus…….

Looking good on the gunports, Sjors.   Wayne, I think hit on the perfect ratline.

Thanks Mark, and yes, those rat lines from Wayne are the top!

as long as you dotn let any cats on the ship . otherwise yoru ratlines wil be gone soon :P

I take my dog with me  :P

yea.....but I think that's the last thing you want on your ship Sjors.........rats!   gotta be careful there.....remember,  your tott'in a lot of cotton balls!   nicely done by the way! ;)   now to turn her around and do the.........side that's left! :)

They make a nest from those cotton…..

And thank you Popeye, still the left side has to be done…...

Suddenly I'm starting to fear cotton balls. That's a lot of guns.  Great work she's looks as beautiful as she does menacing.  

No fear Daniel,

When i fire them they are on fire!

Sjors

looks great! And don't worry about the ratlines so much, just make one, press Ctrl+C and then Ctrl+V 1000+ times!

Janos

Janos,

That's a good one!

I'm gonna try that out.

If it not works ,do you have an other solution for me?

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Hi Sjors... just caught up with your gun lid installation pictures...... they look great!!.... I'm sure glad we're still friends :D .... those guns look fearsome, even if they only fire cotton balls!!........ Why don't you ck with Wayne , maybe he'll lend you his "ratline crew" to help you with your ratlines :P Nice work Sjors!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

Hi Frank and Keith,

@ Frank,

No worries  :D

I'm glad you like it.

Now to the other side…...

@ Keith,

I'm already working on the other side…..

Maybe tomorrow they also will be placed…..

( If I get the time )

Edited by Sjors

Hi Sjors,

Starboard port lids look great my friend, if you do as good a job on the port side she'll look superb.

Well done.

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

don't feel bad Sjors.....he fooled me too! ......like someone sneaking up behind you with an inflated paper bag!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

And the a question,

I'm gonna make the blocks on the masts and bowsprit and place them.

Then I gonna make the yards (spars) and placed them to on the masts.

And then……first running rigging or the shrouds for the ratlines or do nothing…...

Make my day friends  :D  :D  :D  :D

Great progress there Sjors - she's really looking a treat. Looks you're like you're about to join the Rigging Crew!

Sjors! she looks superb, and you even added the subtle detail of not having all of them open the same height! nice work!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Wow - that looks fantastic! I would strongly suggest installing the shrouds and stays first to fix the masts in place. Will make installing the running rigging a tad more challenging due to the lines, but at the same time will add strength to the masts.

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

Looking really fantastic Sjors.

Regards,

John

<span style='font-family: courier new'>In progress: <a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/177-king-of-the-mississippi-artesania-latina-scale-180/'>King of the Mississippi</a></span><br />

<br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'>Completed : <a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/176-mare-nostrum-4331-artesania-latina-scale-135/'>Mare Nostrum 4331</a></span><br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/51-16th-century-galeass-imai-scale-1160/'>16th century Galeass</a></span><br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://members.upc.nl/carla.en.john/Modelbouw/Rocket.htm'>George Stephenson Rocket Locomotive</a></span><br />

<br />

<span style='font-family: courier new'>Next build : sl Louise</span>

Great job. Now you get the fun job of installing all the eyebolts everywhere :P

You're probably going to want to do all the standing rigging first, but yes, before you install anything, make sure all the blocks and eyes and whatnot are already installed...

Andy

Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati

Current Build:

USF Confederacy

Thank you, thank you , thank you!

Wow! You really have been busy! Everything is looking very good...thanks for the pictures. Are you calling in your pigeon family soon to help? :)

Yes Sherry,

I saw a few eggs in the nest so maybe it's crowd upstairs in a few weeks …...

And your welcome about the pictures.

You know…I love pictures!

oh,  oh..........Sjors is on a tear!  they go pretty quick,  once you get them down pat.....eh,  Sjors!  she looks superb,  and you even added the subtle detail of not having all of them open the same height!   nice work!

He Popeye,

When one goes then the others goes quicker…..

Practicing makes experience…..

You make the picture bigger that you can see that all the gun port lids are not at the same hight?

Wow - that looks fantastic!  I would strongly suggest installing the shrouds and stays first to fix the masts in place.  Will make installing the running rigging a tad more challenging due to the lines, but at the same time will add strength to the masts.

What size cotton balls do your cannons take?

Thank you Wayne for the WOW factor :)

So first the shrouds, then the running rigging and at last the ratlines…..

Looking really fantastic Sjors.

Regards,

John

Thank you John  :D

Great job. Now you get the fun job of installing all the eyebolts everywhere :P

You're probably going to want to do all the standing rigging first, but yes, before you install anything, make sure all the blocks and eyes and whatnot are already installed...

Andy

Andy,

I have to look carefully on the drawings where everything goes…...

Every time when I take a look, I see more of those things…..

First the shrouds then the running rigging.

No, first all the blocks and eyebolts to the masts and bowsprit.

Then the shrouds and then the running rigging and then………yippie, ratlines!

In a few weeks there will be an update  :D

No Wayne, you have it wrong.

I shall tell it you one more time….

Pigeons for the rigging.

Rats for the lines between the shrouds.

Elves for the trains ( I hope that they are not jumping)

Andy's for the journeys

Augie's for the shuffling snow.

Mark's for the Moderators police.

Sjorsen for the cotton canon balls

Wayne's for it makes no sense anymore…..

Very nice work Sjors, she looks beautiful now.

Will enjoy the riging when you start it.

Børge

Current build(restore, bashing)
BB582 "Dragen" Scale 1:12

On hold: BB534 Bolougne Etaples Scale 1:20

Not started: Model Shipways MS2040 USS Constitution 1:76

:piratebo5: 

You have outdone yourself once again, my friend!  Beautiful and well worth waiting for.

Soldier on! 

One question ---  does she have a lot of yards?  The reason I ask is that I thought ratlines were tedious.  Well, I've come to find out that after those are done, rigging the yards is worse.  My main lower yard has 10 eyebolts and 30 blocks (not to mention lashings and footropes).  Just something for you to look forward to once the cat finishes hanging the rats  :D  :D

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956