HMAS Vendetta 1925 by cog, popeye the sailor, and RGL - FINISHED - Showcase Models -1/350 - PLASTIC

this is what happens when I don't check in ?!?!?!  :D    I'll have to do a video of what happens when I'm on the floor looking for lost parts.   Gibbs comes over and it turns into a love fest  ;)    I have to shield where I think the part is,  so it doesn't get caught up in his paws.  it's so comical!   thanks for the kind word all........and thanks for all the likes  :)   two days are done........two more to go.......another exhausting week to be sure.  in spite of what happened, getting the railings on wasn't too bad.......it could have been worse.  I need to better control the CA,  so I don't get the smears.  now I need to paint them.......that will be a task in itself  ;) 

thanks again everyone!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

26 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

this is what happens when I don't check in ?!?!?!  :D    I'll have to do a video of what happens when I'm on the floor looking for lost parts.   Gibbs comes over and it turns into a love fest  ;)    I have to shield where I think the part is,  so it doesn't get caught up in his paws.  it's so comical!   thanks for the kind word all........and thanks for all the likes  :)   two days are done........two more to go.......another exhausting week to be sure.  in spite of what happened, getting the railings on wasn't too bad.......it could have been worse.  I need to better control the CA,  so I don't get the smears.  now I need to paint them.......that will be a task in itself  ;) 

thanks again everyone!

I use a small round (pointy) stick to admisnister ca - I make a puddle of it in an lid, then just dab the end of the stick in it then dab it on where I want it, this way I can control how much glue goes were I want it.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Never tried it myself, but I have heard of builders using sewing needles for applying CA. Apparently they cut the end off midway through the eye. That acts like an old ink pen, then dipping it in a puddle like O.C. mentioned. They say after it gets all gummed up you can burn the excess off the needle with a lighter or candle.

Sam

Current Build Constructo Enterprise

Caught up with your build Denis, looking mighty fine.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

49 minutes ago, RGL said:

acupuncture needles

Where do you get them?

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Thanks CDW, guess I was being lazy, (= Stupid).

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

4 hours ago, src said:

Never tried it myself, but I have heard of builders using sewing needles for applying CA. Apparently they cut the end off midway through the eye. That acts like an old ink pen, then dipping it in a puddle like O.C. mentioned. They say after it gets all gummed up you can burn the excess off the needle with a lighter or candle.

Sam

That's what I use. The only problem is the "halfeye" fills up quite quickly so you need to burn it out with a lighter, but it works rather well

2 hours ago, RGL said:

I use acupuncture needles, packet of 100 for about $5 

That explains your calm demeanor

Just now, RGL said:

they are also good for poking fun at the Dutch

If only you could only reach them from downunder ...

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

I've been using a broken drill bit ( #78 or so, 0.016 inch US wire size drill) to put the tiny drop where I need it. And then burn the dried stuff off the end when it gets gummed up. Got a lot of those broken #78s, since you just look at them cross-eyed to snap them .

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

I think Danny uses the broken needle method too...........I also have plenty of toothpicks  ;)    thanks for the ideas everyone  ;) 

one more day..........one more day.........one more day........{I keep telling myself that}

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

5 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

I think Danny uses the broken needle method too...........I also have plenty of toothpicks  ;)    thanks for the ideas everyone  ;) 

one more day..........one more day.........one more day........{I keep telling myself that}

how often ...?

Carl

lovely work everyone

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

lol did i read somewhere that you were going to do a group build on 1/72 flat top?

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

So that is a no then LOL

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

6 minutes ago, Kevin said:

So that is a no then LOL

Would have been awsome if it was true.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

The nets are brass, huh? Gonna be a fun build.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

if this keeps up.........there will be more PE than the model.    is there a model in PE sold anywhere?   do you have all these add ons yet?........can you start with what you have?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

7 hours ago, RGL said:

More teasers for the Seydlitz though, if you remember my Dreadnought, it can be done in a similar manner.

Fortynately we don't have too ...

6 hours ago, RGL said:

I still have a lot to do on KGV

You've been at it for over two months ... still not ready :huh: 

Carl