HMS Winchelsea by Beckmann 1/48

Hallo Beckmann ; Laufbohle is "caillebotis" in french and "duckboard" in english ... but i am using an electronic translator and maybe it could be wrong !  Ebony cannot be bent but is as strong as metal => can be put into a milling machine for making the duckboard pieces. Cheers, Empathry   

Really nice planking progress.  I am happy those videos and step by step instructions helped.😀

Great planking job!

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

Lovely planking, looking great👍😁

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

I have to agree with all the other comments posted here.  Your planking looks fantastic.  Great job!!!!!

Till next time.....     😎

Steve

Finished:              Artesania Latina Constellation;   Model Shipways USF Confederacy:  Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Company

Current Build:     Syren's Winchelsea 

• 4 weeks later...

Looks pretty darn good to me.  I'll be very happy if mine turns out somewhere near that.  

Great work!!!

Steve

Finished:              Artesania Latina Constellation;   Model Shipways USF Confederacy:  Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Company

Lovely work!! Very nice and tidy🙂

Current builds;

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Thanks everybody for the comments and likes!!

I learned two or three things while doing this:

The bulkheads need to be in perfect shape. If not (and mine are not) it can happen, that you get a bump in the surface. And then, if you sand everything, you suddenly see the bulkhead. I had that at two points. I had to change those planks, wich is really not a nice thing to do. The other thing is, that the planks should not be too thin.  Better more near to 2mm than 1,6 mm. That makes is all more safe and stable. And the better you bend the planks before glouing, the better they fit. Forcing it in position always makes problems. There is a saying about building houses in Germany: Make the first one for your enemy, the second one for your friend and the third one for yourself. That is probably, what I should do with this Winnie-project!😉

Matthias

Great planking job and good tip about the bulkheads! Also your saying is spot on.

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great job, Winnie looks very nice 👍😃

Current builds;

Completed:

Excellent work!!!   The hull looks good and the run of your planking is really good.   You must feel good to get that finally behind you.  And no stealers at the stern which looks so much better.  Only one drop plank at the bow.   That is how you plank the hull of a frigate. :)

That looks pretty darn awesome.  Time to sit back, have a drink, and admire a job well done!!!!     🍺🍺

Steve