HMS Winchelsea 1764 by Wacom - FINISHED - 1:48

I don't understand the shipping restrictions at present. I recently got a parcel from Hungary in about a week via UPS. I tracked the flights out of curiosity and there seemed to be plenty.

Timmo, as someone who used to work in logistics with FedEx Ground, there are a number of potential reasons. The first one that comes to my mind is the possibility that the shipping label somehow came off the package (happens way more often than you may think) and having to do research to find out where your package is going to -- or there is the fact that some labels just become unreadable with the scanners being used and having to guess at some information. Another possible issue could be going through Customs. Some packages just take longer even if the shippers writes on the outside what is inside. There also are some shippers that just don't provide tracking of tracking which I know is a inconvenience to anxious recipients.

Hi Timmo,

like yourself I don’t understand the why USPS wont ship, I have recieved an item from Micromark ordered just before I placed the order with Chuck. They must have placed the restriction on between the two orders, the strange thing is I can find no reference to the restriction anywhere.

I did recieve a package from Chris Watton in just over a week.

I dare say that things wll sort themselves out in time😩

Sorry bdgiantman2 I don’t understand your comment🤔

Reg

I ship things in from the USA semi regularly (work related) and while its not USPS (which is probably the point here) i dont have any issues and in some cases its faster coming in from the USA than it is from a local NZ city. ive had a parcel turn up from eth USA in less than a week and parcels here in NZ take 3-4 weeks to travel 300km which is usually an overnight courier

• 1 year later...

I couldn't believe it when a friend told me how long it has been since my last post.

My only excuse is that life caught up with me and subsequently Winnie took a back seat.

She was finished some time ago so I will post a couple of photos that show some of the details.

Since taking these shots someone made me an offer that I could not refuse so Winnie now has a good home leaving me with plenty of space in the workshop.

Who knows I  am tempted to build another one and hopefully correct some of the mistakes I made first time round.

Screenshot2023-12-05at4_51_04PM.png.1825e617e5f5cfce04d77300952296d4.png

Screenshot2023-12-05at4_50_50PM.png.53cf503c80a0406dfe6b8dd150d00e56.png

IMG_2329.thumb.JPG.20dd5603a65efb4e915a318682bb1a1e.JPG

My thanks must go to Chuck for making this superb ship build available.

To all those who, with their helpful comments and suggestions made this possible...Thank you.

Reg

Congratulations on a wonderfully built model. 

Rusty

"So Long For Now" B) 

Current Builds: Speedwell

Completed Build Logs:  HMS Winchelsea 1/48   Duchess of Kingston USF Confederacy , US Brig Syren , Triton Cross Section , Bomb Vessel Cross SectionCutter CheerfulQueen Anne Barge, Medway Longboat

Completed Build Gallery: Brig Syren , 1870 Mississippi Riverboat , 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Runabout

He's a lucky fellow, that chap who made you the offer you couldn't refuse. I hope he treasures your Winnie. What a dilemma you must have confronted when the offer came in. Still, as you say, you now have the opportunity to start all over again - and I hope you do. It does get easier second time around. I know this - I'm on my third go not having been happy with numbers one and two.

Best wishes

Fred