Hello.

I started building the Bluenose, kit from billing boats i february and searching for something online I stumbled upon this site!

What a great forum and what amazingly much experience and info there is to find here!

I registered back in march sometime and have been lurking around until now.

I used to build RC model airplanes from balsa and plywood when I was a kid/teenager. Also plastic static models like airfix kits.

I built a boat called Artur by Igra which was plank on bulkhead that I rigged with RC when I was around 13-14 years.

So starting modeling again now some 25 years later I see myself as a complete beginner.

I live on an island on the west coast of Norway.

The Bluenose build was coming along well, but I didn’t wanna use the supplied mahogany for the deck, and I have been waiting for weeks for limewood strips to arrive in the mail.

So in the meantime I started a second build... Maybe not the smartest but I finished it yesterday! The ship in a bottle kit hannah by amati.

Still waiting for the deck, I started a third build... (this stuff is really addictive, maybe its the glue?) The le Renard by Artesania Latina that I bought at a discount.

This is just started and I’m thinking of starting a build log for this.

Anyway, this was a littlebit about me, 

looking forward to be using this site in the future.

Good modeling to all!

7CB74455-3646-4876-BB62-8491BD6BC56B.jpeg

5E461BCA-24B7-49DE-A04D-6A2C11456C01.jpeg

18E83E75-1A7B-4437-9985-94E6752DB11A.jpeg

Welcome aboard! Yes, modeling is a bit of an addiction, but with some professional therapy, most modelers can manage their habit. Ha -- just kidding! Once you are hooked, it's hopeless. 😉

Thank you very to the very kind person who moved the topic to the correct forum.

My first post, and I get it wrong. 🥴

One might say I’m techologically challenged...😆

Velkommen Gaffrig, 

I am building Bluenose but the version of ModelShipway.

Modelling being addictive, oh yes it is.

Chris Coyle was spot on in that matter, but there is therapy help within our group if needed, just see below.

Currently I haven't seen any new patients.😉

Hello to all, and thank you for all the welcomes.

I haven’t been taking much pictures of the Bluenose or the Hannah, but I’ll post some pictures of them when finished.

I think I’ll start a log for the Le Renard though.

Therapy for shipaholics might be just the right thing for me, you may very well get a new patient soon!🤒

Welcome to MSW Gaffrig.    Some of us also blame our addiction to the smell of wood.  :P   Do open a build log as it's a great way for help and making friends.

Welcome aboard! :10_1_10:

Addictive, well I don’t know about that? But my wife things I have lost it. She doesn’t understand the allure of the details. It’s all about detail, right? She is glad I have my Happy Place to get away. 

See ya ✌️ around MSW. 😎

Thank you all for the welcome!

My wife says the same thing, «all you’re doing lately is sit and fiddle with those models» 😎

Well, you said to find a hobby, right? 😆

Anyway, off to fiddle some more to satisfy the urges!

Hello.

Thank you all for the welcomes.

The more I look around this site, the more impressed I am by all the amazing models and skills on here.

I have now started a buildlog for my Le Renard build.

Have a good modelling weekend!

Gaffrig