This is from the latest BlueJacket Newsletter:

IT'S TIME

Next month I’ll turn 73 years old. For nine years I’ve given my all to BlueJacket. We’ve created 11 new kits, three kits have been brought back and updated, and six kits have been improved. There are also 4 kits on the drawing board. Our newsletter has a fresh new look and now reaches over 5,000 people. Improvements to our facilities include a new roof, new oil tanks, new digital wide-format printer, new computers, new software, and a new website on the horizon.

So, now it’s time to pass this historic company to new hands. I'm not going through a commercial broker; I am reaching out to the modeling community because I BELIEVE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT that BlueJacket is led by a modeler who also possesses excellent business skills. In other words, someone with a passion for the products we so carefully create and the drive to build on the tradition of “a proud American company making beautiful ship model kits since 1905!”

I‘ll continue in Charlie's footsteps as the voice of the help line and will do repairs and custom work, etc.

So, if anyone is interested in the adventure of a lifetime with an historic company, contact me (below) or stop by and we can talk. I have no time-frame and will spend as much time as necessary to find the right person.

nic@bluejacket.net or call 207-548-9970

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

• 5 weeks later...

It would be a dream job for many of us, but I'm sure it requires some small measure of business acumen, of which I have none. And of course capital, of which I also have none!

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

• 1 month later...