USS Constitution by Glen McGuire - BlueJacket Bicentennial Edition - 1/96 - Repair and Complete Construction

I'll spare you the bullriding quips, but way to resolve that mast problem!  Looks really good.

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    Hs129B-2 1/48  SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32   IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Great progress, Glen. You now have the model where it doesn't look like it got tossed up on the rocks, it now looks like a model ready to be completed. When you start rigging you gonna work front to back or vise versa?

Current Builds: 1880s Floating Steam Donkey Pile Driver 

Wood Hull Screw Frigate USS Tennessee

Decorative Carrack Warship Restoration, the Amelia

Completed: Early Swift 1805 Model Restoration

1 hour ago, Keith Black said:

When you start rigging you gonna work front to back or vise versa?

Good question, Keith.  The first rigging job I'm going to tackle is the bowsprit and spritsail yard.  After that, I have not studied the rigging instructions in detail yet, but at first glance it looks like it goes lower shrouds from front to back followed by upper shrouds, front to back.  

58 minutes ago, Glen McGuire said:

at first glance it looks like it goes lower shrouds from front to back followed by upper shrouds, front to back.

I have found that going from stern to bow keeps the stays and running lines under tension better, something to consider. 

Current Builds: 1880s Floating Steam Donkey Pile Driver 

Wood Hull Screw Frigate USS Tennessee

Decorative Carrack Warship Restoration, the Amelia

Completed: Early Swift 1805 Model Restoration

I’m late to the party (again!) Glen, but just getting caught up. What a wonderful thing you are doing and what a fantastic job you are making of it! I’m here for the rest of the journey, though have had to settle for a seat in the back row.

6 hours ago, gjdale said:

I’m late to the party (again!) Glen, but just getting caught up.

Thanks, Grant!  So glad to have you on board.  No doubt I'll be running around in circles on this project, so your seat in the back row may end up being in the front row!