HMS VICTORY by Kevin - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1/72

Wow, that really does show how much wider she'll be with stuns Kevin! I think. You'll have quite a unique presentation in the end - looking forward to seeing that. Nice companion stair btw.

VERY nice companionway stairs.  She is going to be large!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Beautiful job on the companionway stairs Kevin.  What's the function of the stun boom?  Oh, I guess I could Google it but like to hear it from you  :)  Hey, I'm an airplane guy and airplanes don't have booms sticking out the fussilage  ;)

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

220px-USS_Monongahela_%281862%29.jpg

Piet

thats the best photo i can see for now, but allows for an anchorage point of all the lower set studding sails, those, those above have extensions fitted to the yards, which are extended as required

plate111.jpg

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Arthur, I don't know, I have a space allocated, but currently occupied by wabbits

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Now I know where that fishing rod has his purpose.....

A few lines on it and they eat every day fresh fish  :D  :D  :D  :D

And they are coming at both sides ???????

You really need a big fish tank to display that !

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

Beautiful work, Kevin. Ignore Sjors - to him, any non Dutch vessel is a fishing trawler!

Interesting plan you have for display - will you be carving the crew or recruiting?

lol - me carve

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

the crew will be recruited - but i dont think it will be as easy as i anticipated

For my sail past i wanted all the mast crew on the yards and a Royal marine band playing, also away from the the land side out of view i wanted the ships boats being pulled along with deck hands scrubbing the side prior to the admirals inspection

But with all studding sails set i dont know if this is just a pipe dream or achievable as there will be so much in the way

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Cannons

the shooty things that i did not want to put on,

post-846-0-58656900-1407693976_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-09932600-1407693985_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-04239000-1407694074_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

I do love every aspect of this amazing war vessel. Guess that is why I built her twice.

Great job Kevin. You will be proud of her because she is so majestically beautiful.

Dave

Sawdust Dave -

Current build - USS Constitution 1:60th (scratch)....

Visit my blog site - All previous builds.... http://davesmodelships.blogspot.com

Hi Kevin

What size line did you use for your cannon breaching cables?

Thanks,

Mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society

why does it look to big

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

I can see here what I hope to look forward to. Great build going on there.

A question, has anyone tried to use other woods for masting and spars than what is provided in the kits??

Keep up the great work Kevin, I admire all of you in your artistic achievements.

"Woody"

HMS Victory 1804 Caldercraft scale 1.72  (not 1.75) Build start, May 1, 2014.

Hi Kevin

What size line did you use for your cannon breaching cables?

Thanks,

Mort

Mort, i 2nd guessed you and have experimented with a smaller size thread, the one i was using was F72 from an old billings kit, it looks a bit more realistic now, but no photo's yet

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hi Kevin,

No, I was just curious. Everything looks great.

Thanks,

Mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society

Murphey has been to visit me again and made me build a jig for the upper deck cannons, stain the blocks prepare the cordages and make a real nice job, then when i moved them from the jig to the build the blocks were so out of scale, yep i trailed one and used onother,

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening

after the dismal progress i made last weekend, it nearly ended up being the same this weekend

the tried in vane to get the right sale on the cannon rigging, but it all looked so large, so i attempted to convert some 3mm single blocks into doubles without success so i gave up and ordered 100 3mm double blocks

today i tried the fire buckets, the ones supplied with the kit don't look anything like Real life, come on Jotika Caldercraft - you can do better than that, although not to scale i am going to use some from my parts bin, they could do with being thinned out inside but i am going to fill them with sand so it should not show

the gold emblem is work in progress, hopefully when painted and scanned and reduced in size i will then print onto water decal sheets

post-846-0-64998700-1408995816_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-53872600-1408995818_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-86094700-1408995819_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-58029400-1408995821_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-03018600-1408995824_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Those buckets look great Kevin.  I'd be very interesting in seeing how you approach the decals if you go down that road.

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

Its been a while since I last looked in Kevin, and your making really good progress. It'll be interesting to see the finish you put on those buckets, at that scale it's not easy.

Be Good

mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

Nice buckets, Kevin, although I think the ER crest is a tad large.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Nice buckets, Kevin, although I think the ER crest is a tad large.

Mark, think you mean GR  B)

Cheers,

Jason

In the shipyard:

Finished:

Mark, think you mean GR  B)

:blush:  :blush:  :blush:  yep.... had the wrong glasses on.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. :rolleyes:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thank you Lawrence, very much appreciated the buckets are WIP, i am presently back onto the cannons

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Good evening everyone, and thankyou for all the Birthday messages

Upper deck cannons

i made a moutiin out of a mole hill on this, but I  wanted it at least to look like something in the book, at 3MM the blocks still look to large, but it is staying like this now, it took me all day to get this far, 

the large rope still needs more work to get it ti lie down, dont know why but there is not enough rope to put  a coil in it 

post-846-0-08518300-1409515351_thumb.jpg this is what i am trying to achieve

post-846-0-62056400-1409515473_thumb.jpgpost-846-0-22944000-1409515475_thumb.jpgpost-846-0-99831300-1409515476_thumb.jpgpost-846-0-03014700-1409515479_thumb.jpg there is not enough spare rope to coil it

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Looks great Kevin. If you want to put a coil in your breach rope, why not just replace it with a slightly longer one?

The loop in the drawing looks a little long to me Kevin, would it prevent recoil into the center coamings and fittings on the deck?  Don't think I've ever seen a breach rope look like the one in drawing.  The cannon looks great by the way!

Edited by Beef Wellington

Cheers,

Jason

In the shipyard:

Finished:

agreed - the length of rope in the coils would allow the cannion to recoil past the ships centre line, i was trying to rig it as per the frawing wich came from 

post-846-0-29555800-1409761802.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished