HMS VICTORY by Kevin - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1/72

Kevin,

By all means, show us the Bismarck!!  Every builder adds their own touches and thus all are similar but different, and wonderfully so.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

lol - now Gil is back i feel even more guilty for putting the build away for the winter

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Kevin,  I just get back and find you leaving. Our loss!  I so enjoyed your build log, but look forward to the "Bismarck."  Will you have to remodel the house again to fit her in?   I'm almost envious, since at 80, I can't afford to put my "Victory" in ordinary for very long.  Your many friends in the "Victory group" will miss you.  Cheers, Gil

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/485-hmsHMS Victory by Gil Middleton - JoTika - 1:72

• 1 month later...

lol - I am not trolling my own build to take it to the top of the listings, - but i never expected to fing it on page 14 of the subjects i follow

I would like to wish Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone,

Hopefully this build will be continuing before the summer of 2014

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kevin..

I just wanted to visit your log and wish you the best.  I hope to see your Victory going again as it's been a joy watching your past progress.  All the best to you.

Jerry

lol - i dont mind you taking my build to the top of the topics list my friend

i don't regret the Bismarck, what i do regret is the way that i have started it before finishing this, also loosing contact with a few members on here has been a sad loss, 

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

taken from the topic that i update daily

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/2017-naval-history-on-this-day-any-nation/

HMS Victory (100) entered Portsmouth dock where she remains to this day 

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

• 3 weeks later...

Quite funny - but i have not been 100% since new year, and very little building has taken place since then, but i have learnt some useless information, i have two large builds going on at the same time, although i have space - i don't want them both going on at the same time.

As i am involved in other sites,  i asked what people wanted me to continue  with, The Victory, or the Bismarck, 

Me - the Victory - been my favorite build ever

Wife - Bismarck - mainly because it is in the workshop - not because she like it

Facebook - Bismarck

Flory Models - Victory

i am interested what members answers are here

Victory approx  40% completed

Bismarck approx 30% completed

lol - it is not a competion - just a little poll between me and who ever reads this

post-846-0-42658200-1381071411_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-35458100-1390152297_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hi Kevin

I could be really awkward and say work alternating hours on each model until they are both finished :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D Only joking.For me personally despite being English and visiting the ship,I really do not have any interest in Victory.Bismarck yes,but I think the important thing is which one you will find hardest to get back into after a long absence.Realistically there is a lot of work in your Bismarck project,as you know yourself,just because it is plastic doesn't necessarily make it easier.If you have reached a suitable stage on Victory i.e.fairly easy to pick up where you left off,I would finish Bismarck,but in truth I can see it taking you into the summer.

Kind Regards Nigel

Currently working on Royal Caroline

Kevin,

I think the fact that you are asking suggests that your heart is really in the Victory. I for one would be delighted to see you return to her, as I think you were doing an excellent job with her. Go back to the Bismarck occasionally when you feel like a change of pace.

Hi Kevin,

Purely for selfish reasons I need you working on Victory!  I keep accumulating so much information from other Victory builders here who are much further along on their builds than I, and you're one of them.  So get on with her!  :D

Patrick

choices choices - but no bad ones, 

The Victory will be restarted this weekend,

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Excellent choice, Kevin.  But then, I would have said that if you decided on the Bismarck.  Going with your heart is the most important thing in this hobby.  I hope you're back up to 100% or at least close to it.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Glad to hear it Kevin and I hope you are feeling back to 100% yourself. I look forward to new updates.

I want to vote for the Victory but i see that I'm to late with that  :(

You are going further with her....yesssss.

Welcome back my friend !

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

I want to vote for the Victory but i see that I'm to late with that  :(

You are going further with her....yesssss.

Welcome back my friend !

Sjors my friend, i never went any where, i was always here, - but yes the Victory will proceed with all my plans to have her in some form of diorama, full sails and extensive build log, without the banter ( subject to change) (lol) hope the moderators never read that) , 

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

I guess I was the minority vote Kevin :( Story of my life :D I shall still follow along though mate

Kind Regards Nigel

Sorry

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Hi Kevin,

I know that you was not gone but to be honest....plastic is not my thing.......and then I'm talking about warships.

I have make trucks, cars and motor cycles but never ships.

So you are back at the Victory so....welcome back !  :D

My Bismarck suffered a minor disaster a couple weeks ago while we were moving and is now a better Bismarck wreck diorama candidate... and I was so close to being finished.  -_-  That kit is EVIL.

im am so sorry, all that hard work

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

been a slow build weekend as i get back into the build, managed to make the upper deck gratings - still to make the coamings to support them - also - i had forgoten just how wide she will be with the 11"stud booms in lace total width 28" 

post-846-0-26942300-1391360313_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-06820900-1391360318_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-26342900-1391360321_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon, 

some progress on my build, the fore deck is complete with the exception of the cannons. I t has taken a little while to get back into it, not being 100% and the weather here, like in many other places has been - well  - poor

nothing is fixed into position yet, hence some bits look not quite level

- good to be back

post-846-0-78614200-1392563376_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-53554000-1392563381_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-07920700-1392563385_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-20954900-1392563389_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-49038000-1392563393_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-91524000-1392563401_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-35458000-1392563406_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-67612100-1392563410_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished