HMS VICTORY by Kevin - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1/72

thank you everyone, yes the weather has been extremely poor, for a lot of people, but whilst the sun came out it was the perfect opportunity for her to get some vitamin S

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hello Kevin, just one word - AWESOME!

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Great to see her enjoying the sunshine again!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Great to see her enjoying the sunshine again!

it didn't last for long, it has been awful all day again, i had the day of and looked at making the waiste ladders, but that was as far as it got, still allays next weekend

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hello kevin...

I enjoyed looking at your model and am happy to see what a nice job you are doing.  It's good to see you making progress in such a nice way.  Best to you,

Jerry

To cut a long story short, i have struggled to get back into the build, to progress with her i have to be happy with what i had already completed

the Gun port lanyards  (to me ) never looked right, and i was contemplating ripping them out, but would have put replacements back in that were exactly the same, 

i read Gils log over the weekend, and it clicked into place what was wrong, they are too bright- and shouting - HEY - LOOK AT ME,, something as simple as that, the last photo taken out in the sun shine made it look even worse, although - lol it only seamed to bother me.

i have toned down two pairs over the weekend and although i dont have the right colour wash yet, (working on that) they no longer shout 

I written this because - i love this hobby, but some times we doubt our own work- and it takes time to work out how to proceed 

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

That is certainly true Kevin. Glad to hear you've worked out what the "block" was - looking forward to more progress shortly now!

Kevin,

Sometimes, we're just too close to our work for our own good.  :)   Glad to hear you sorted out that feeling of "something's not quite right".... 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Good afternoon

now the mind blockage is gone, - lol i am looking for problems 

i tried re-staining all the lanyards in situ - but as i have PVA glue on  them the stain did not take, so i going to rip them all out, 

so in the process of making another 200 lard-yards and rings, but have now decided to create the sheaves that run through the hull as well, 

post-846-0-92752700-1393764507_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

using the original holes i am drilling them out to 1.38mm at a slightly higher angle and putting throuh the outer covering of some back wire i have, this needs to be opened up a bit to allow the rope to be fed into it

I will post some progress later

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

well i have comm ited my self now to the new version, personally i think it is for the better, any suggestions are welcome as always, sorry for the poor photo's

post-846-0-47034800-1393771743_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-34699400-1393771747_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-57814000-1393771750_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Well done Kevin. You'll sure have plenty of practice at this aspect by the time you're done! ;)

A hard decision, but the re-work is excellent.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Kevin

Great job on you lanyards on your gun ports, they sure do look good. I did mine almost in the same manor using tubes cut from wire insulation. I think it gives a very nice of an extra touch, but replacing all of yours is a big job, but I believe it dose enhance the ship, making it look just a bit more like the real ship. ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Lawrence - good evening - i have just been to page 47 of your build log to see how you did yours - thankyou

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Good evening everyone

last weekend - was spent working out how much extra work would be required to complete the re work on the Gun port lanyards and weather it was actually worth it, the deciding factor was tha fact that as my lids are shut - they would make a drastic improvement - providing they were done better

over the week i sourced some bigger wire 1.5mm and as a result the bore was bigger as well so the lanyards fit in nicely

all the port side holes were redrilled to 1.5mm and then again at the angle of the lids them selfs, - it is hard to explain so i will let my latest pictures tell the story

click on photo for bigger image

post-846-0-79525500-1394221209_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-61036900-1394221213_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-90818400-1394221216_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-11479100-1394221220_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-07088700-1394221224_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-05550600-1394221227_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-68027700-1394221230_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-74735800-1394221234_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-56737800-1394221238_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-02015600-1394221242_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

It was worth it. They look great.

Mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening everyone - oh it him again  (rework kev)

port side is npw 90% completed - again - although it does not look much different in the pictures, the difference in the Gun port lanyards is much more grey, more hemp colour than the white ish colour i used first time, hope to start the starboard side next weekend

and apologies to not reading everyone's logs in the last few weeks

post-846-0-31703900-1394991763_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-59489600-1394991768_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-55125400-1394991772_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-47862100-1394991776_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-40891000-1394991780_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

fantastic work Kevin,

a pleasure to see this large model coming on so well

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50