HMS VICTORY by Kevin - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1/72

thankyou - i wish i could make progress on her - rather than keep going backwatds

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Sometimes a person needs to take two steps backwards to go one step forward. Old saying, not mine LOL. You will get there in time, you know you can't go forward if it is in your head that something isn't right, and if you don't fix it now it will cause problems latter on down the line.

Wacko

Joe :D

Go MSW :) :)

lol but it still don't look any thing like Gils

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

lol but it still don't look any thing like Gils

No, it looks like Kevin's, and that looks mighty fine to me!

Re-work is just part of this process called model building Kevin (just take a look at mine for starters!). Don't let it get you down, you're doing a great job and will be well pleased you took the extra effort in the long run.

Arthur,

Good for you!

Kevin,

Stick to your guns, you're model is amazing!

Kester

Current builds: Sherbourne (Caldercraft) scale – 1/64th;

Statsraad Lehmkuhl (half model) 1/8th" – 1'.

Victory Bow Section (Panart/Mantua) scale – 1/78th  (on hold).

Previous build: Bluenose ll (Billings) scale – 1/100th.

the lift tubes can be adjusted still to try and ensure all the lanyards lie the same, as the are just pushed into position, to me they do look a bit better

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

sorry not been around for a while, work still continues on the gun port lanyards at the weekends, but little to show, mean while have Ruth cleaning my Royal Caroline, 

post-846-0-55682700-1396212411_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kevin

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

She must have the hands and concentration of a surgeon.  You're a lucky man!

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

I should have married her. You are a lucky man.

Mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society

Kevin,  It's so nicce to have a woman around the house.  LOL..From the looks of the rack behind Ruth, it seems that the Caroline isn't the only thing that's been cleaned.  Take care,

Jerry

Kevin,  It's so nicce to have a woman around the house.  LOL..From the looks of the rack behind Ruth, it seems that the Caroline isn't the only thing that's been cleaned.  Take care,

Jerry

lol Ruth was gob smacked when she saw i had posted the poto with out cropping the background

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

• 3 months later...

good evening everyone

some of you might have realised i have been doing some posting again within MSW, as i bring myself back into the fold after a period away, i never got bored with the Victory, just annoyed that my standard of craftsmanship is below par, as found my self constantly pulling it apart to try and do better, take the gunport lanyards, i dont know how many times i have attempted them but only now are they getting to the standard to which i like them  anyway she is re -homed now as i improved my workshop to allow work to continue on her later this year.

it is nice to be back

post-846-0-19848800-1404320299_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-07913200-1404320303_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-64384900-1404320306_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-56614900-1404320310_thumb.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

I know that feeling of frustration when you know exactly what you want to build, but your hands just won't execute it.

problem is that i look at Gils build and just sigh, just wishing mine could be just 1/2 as good as his build

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/485-hms-victory-by-gil-middleton-jotika-172/?hl=%2Bgil+%2Bmiddleton

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Kevin,

Don't sell yourself short - your build is of an excellent standard. Wanting always to do better is good - that what keeps us all going for the next model. But wanting to achieve our idea of "perfection" is not so healthy and has the potential to rob us of the joy we find in modelling. Be inspired by others achievements, but don't be intimidated by them. I look forward to resumption of play with your excellent Victory. :)

Welcome home, Kevin.  The workshop looks shipshape and ready to go.  I'm looking forward to progress on your excellent Victory.

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Right then, enough of this talk Kevin!  :D

Your ship is beautiful, yes you read it correctly, beautiful! Just remember when you get back to it, approach it with confidence and you will achieve a wonderful Victory! And yes, the pun was intended! :P  

Consider this your "pep talk" for the day. 

Sherry

Every goodbye is the birth of a memory...

Current Build: San Felipe

Finished Builds: Mayflower Build Log

Gallery: Mayflower