HMS Agamemnon by mobbsie - FINISHED - Caldercraft / Jotika - 1/64

Sjors told me to say he's sick of waiting and wants photos - NOW!!! :P :P :P

Edited by gjdale

......a second voice for Sjors.........?  HO......Mobbsie....woe unto the little children.........let'em eat cake!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Why I'm still posting?

I have voices all over the forum  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Maybe they are not loud enough, so here is mine….PICTURES !!!!!!!!!!

animaatjes-sjors-94584.gif

HO!.....this sounds serious.....that's gonna call for a bigger piece of cake!

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

hmmmmmm.....creme pie...........clowns like creme pies.   why.....it's their weapon of choice! ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hi Guys,

OK I give up.

Sjors has lost his marbles, Popeye wants a big slice of cake, Wayne's trying to get everybody into trouble so I give up, the Admiral gone to the shop for apple pie, that's after she swept under the fridge for some round spherical things for Sjors. :dancetl6:

Please don't worry Sjors, you'll get yours. :D  :D

Some pics as promised

Bow Catch Netting ( made possible by Grant )

post-493-0-63382200-1395584483_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-40073000-1395584610_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-17021300-1395584652_thumb.jpg

Bulkhead colour scheme ( hope you like it )

post-493-0-70856200-1395584714_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-10888500-1395584765_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-17921300-1395584815_thumb.jpg

This is my way of putting in the calking

post-493-0-63190400-1395584867_thumb.jpg

Adding treenails

post-493-0-66432900-1395584895_thumb.jpg

Completed fore deck

post-493-0-96203500-1395584978_thumb.jpg

Completed aft deck

post-493-0-62551900-1395585009_thumb.jpg

First coat of varnish applied fore deck

post-493-0-60889800-1395585046_thumb.jpg

First coat of varnish applied to the after deck

post-493-0-30830400-1395585072_thumb.jpg

I don't think the 2 butt worked out to bad in the end

That's all the pics for now guys, I hope you enjoy them, now for the bulwarks and the deck furniture.

If there are any complaints about picture quality would you please take it up with Sjors. :D  :D

mobbsie

Edited by mobbsie

mobbsie
All mistakes are deliberate ( me )

Current Build:- HMS Schooner Pickle

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,
Thames Steam Launch Louise,  Thames Barge Edme,  Viking Dragon Boat

Next Build :-  

pictures look great - nice work my friend, sorry they are picking on you, lol - but whilst they are - they are leaving me alone

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

isnt that a 3 butt system?

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Great job Mobbsie !!!!

That looks fabulous...

Also love the colours of the pillars.

When you now look under the deck, you can see them  :D

Your planking is also great.

And before I forget it….THANKS for the pictures.

You see guys? when I'm yelling I've got them  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

The netting on the bow is just the finishing touch!

Love the blue, fantastic caulking.  Nothing left to say here :)

Augie

Current Build: US Frigate Confederacy - MS 1:64

Previous Builds :

US Brig Syren (MS) - 2013 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Greek Tug Ulises (OcCre) - 2009 (see Completed Ship Gallery)

Victory Cross Section (Corel) - 1988

Essex (MS) 1/8"- 1976

Cutty Sark (Revell 1:96) - 1956

Hi Kevin,

A 3 butt system is the number of planks between butt joints on the same bulkhead frame.

Mine has only 2, which is not what I intended at all, I should have cut the scale plank into 4 lengths which would have given me my 3 butt, I only cut 3 lengths.

A simple error but not the end of the world. hope that helps mate.

mobbsie

mobbsie

Completed Builds :-   Panart 1/16 Armed Launch / Pinnace ( Completed ),  Granado Cross Section 1/48

Harwich Bawley, Restoration,  Thames Barge Edme, Repair / Restoration,  Will Everard 1/67 Billings 

HMS Agamemnon 1781 - 1/64 Caldercraft KitHM Brig Badger,  HM Bomb Vessel Granado,

love what you did with the aft cabin walls.........the netting and the decking looks superb as well.......great bit of progress overall!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

lol - you learn something new everyday, i honestly believed that the butt system was the amount of boards before a repeat on the same frame, Explains why i have always gone wrong

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

and yes i checked to see what you wrote was right

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Mobbsie,

Nice work on the nets, bulkheads and planking. You are not only fast, you have a high standard for quality also.  

(And see, at no time did I bring up pies, cakes, marbles, butts, fishing, pictures or popcorn....  oh.. wait..too late. :) )

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Great pics Mobbsie, she's looking superb. I reckon that bow netting is well travelled :D - you've done a great job there mate. Love the colour scheme on the bulkheads too. Regardless of what you intended for the shift of the butts, the deck looks great!

Edited by gjdale

Hi Mobbsie

She's looking great!

Cheers

Peter

Mobbsie , she's looking great!!...... and I have to agree with Mark on your speed and high quality work..... I like the way you did the caulking !..... and the pictures are fine :D , I guess we can thank Sjors for that!!!

Frank

completed build: Delta River Co. Riverboat     HMAT SUPPLY

USRC "ALERT"

in progress: Red Dragon  (Chinese junk)

• 2 weeks later...

She's really starting to come to life - excellent work!

hamilton

current builds: Corel HMS Bellona (1780)

previous builds: MS Phantom (scuttled, 2017); MS Sultana (1767); Corel Brittany Sloop (scuttled, 2022); MS Kate Cory; MS Armed Virginia Sloop (in need of a refit); Corel Flattie; Mamoli Gretel; Amati Bluenose (1921) (scuttled, 2023); AL San Francisco (destroyed by land krakens [i.e., cats]); Corel Toulonnaise (1823); 
MS Glad Tidings (1937) (in need of a refit)HMS Blandford (1719) from Corel HMS GreyhoundFair Rosamund (1832) from OcCre Dos Amigos (missing in action); Amati Hannah (ship in a bottle); Mamoli America (1851)Bluenose fishing schooner (1921) (scratch)

under the bench: Admiralty Echo cross-section; MS Emma C Barry; MS USS Constitution; MS Flying Fish; Corel Berlin; a wood supplier Colonial Schooner Hannah; Victory Models H.M.S. Fly; CAF Models HMS Granado; MS USS Confederacy

Hi Guys,

Thank you all very much for the very kind words and encouragement, I really do appreciate them.

John, great to have you back mate and thanks for the good words.

Frank, thank you my friend, I reckon all our photography has improved since Sjors been around.

Mark, I'm really pleased you didn't bring up pies, cakes, marbles, buts, fishing and all that other stuff, and thanks for your kind words, I take that as a real compliment coming from you. 

Grant, thanks mate, that netting certainly has travelled, and it hasn't finished it's journey yet, some of it will be making it's way across the North Sea.

ZyXuz, I used to do my caulking before laying the planks but I found I was not getting an even cover, just have to ensure the pencil doesn't jump the plank or you can end up with a nice pencil line across the already laid planks, I use an HB lead.

Peter, Wayne, Andy, Adriek

I have made some small progress which I will show you:-

Upper deck bulwarks are now all lined and painted red ochre, all guns are fitted and rigged, gratings are fitted as are the ladders, mast bits, ships wheel, timberheads breast railings, barricade railing, cavel cleats and blocks, and lastly the pin rails are all fitted.

Some pics :-

post-493-0-07415600-1375798986_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-51462800-1375799112_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-63382100-1375799135_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-91560200-1375799196_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-17468100-1375799228_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-64663600-1375799269_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-06376400-1375799309_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-74185300-1375799348_thumb.jpg

post-493-0-87650100-1375799388_thumb.jpg

That's it gents, as usual all comments and remarks are more than welcome.

mobbsie

Edited by mobbsie

mobbsie

What else can I say then it is a great job!

If mine turn half as beautiful, I'm the happiest man of the world !

When we are visiting you next year, she is finished ??????

very nice work Mobbsie.....clean,  neat,  and ship shape!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: