This is an incredibly interesting place!

Hello MSW members,

Been lurking around viewing for more than a year now and as I've started posting recently, I had better introduce myself. My name is Bob, I'm a retired "ship" builder who started modeling in plastic as a boy and graduated to Billings Toulonnaise by the time I was a young man. Had completed and painted the hull but then life and family happened so it got stuck in the closet. It was eventually badly damaged during a move so sadly was never completed. My son gave me Artesania's Virginia as a gift which was returned to him as a housewarming gift once completed. Currently building the Hermoine, which I hope to start a log for shortly.  

The "ships" I built during my working career were of the flying variety, specifically the interior portion for corporate jets. Started working with my hands as a sheet metal mechanic and ended it as an engineer. Have seen some amazing craftsmanship over the years and see it here again in all of your build logs.  

Global.jpg

IMG_0500.JPG

Welcome to MSW. Your craftsmanship is exceptional. Can't wait to see more of your work. 

MSW is 11yrs old now, and I still find is amazing that modellers are still only just finding out about us and deciding to join us and share their skills. It makes everything more than worthwhile.