Fairey Swordfish Mk II by CDW - FINISHED - Tamiya - 1:48 Scale - Plastic

CDW

DSCN2220.thumb.jpg.60f55b1cb965f0cd7cb30da6b53f00b6.jpgHere, I have applied a gloss clear coat over the entire model in preparation for some Tamiya panel line shading solution, brown and gray.

First the brown panel line solution is applied with any excess swabbed away with q-tips. Then the light gray wash goes down with the same q-tip treatment.

Last, a light dry brushing with Vallejo white pigment powder over the model.DSCN2219.thumb.jpg.8e8cc572a9cd7ff74871bbb6faa2e5e5.jpgDSCN2221.thumb.jpg.acdeb5d7992a09bd2ebc3c58088d0ad6.jpgDSCN2222.thumb.jpg.a637a998ea0e4383de3371b8f004b5c6.jpg 

Edited by CDW
one picture failed to load

Really sweet Craig...I used to make my own panel wash out of thinned India ink, always worked great over enamels...not sure how it would work over acrylics though...nice bird

great look'in model........truss wires came out exceptionally well!   very nice paint too! :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

36 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

great look'in model........truss wires came out exceptionally well!   very nice paint too! :)

Thanks Denis!

I got all my ordnance installed and all the decals are on. I will give it a dull coat tonight, then take some photos after that. 

This one is history. On to the next project. Need to decide what it will be...decisions, decisions.

She is looking Superb mate  - the extra effort with the weathering sure makes all the difference.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

You should be proud of that - what a fine job.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Now that is impressive, CDW. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

On 2/25/2019 at 3:12 PM, Old Collingwood said:

Such a strong plane  and so versatile   no wonder they carried on for so many years.

OC.

And they just kept on building them, right up till the end of the war because they were so perfect for the job. And tough! They could even survive losing their undercarriage through flying too low over the water (not recommended, but possible).

A beautiful rendition, CDW. So, next you'll be building a 1:48 Bismarck?😉

Steven

very nicely done!.........in my searching the other day,  I almost bought one.   I had to slap myself though.......brought me out of that glazed look I get,  when I have images of a superbly done model stuck in my head.  I'd be hard pressed to achieve the level you've done here.    I think your going to have a tough time deciding which model to bring to that model show you were talking about....you'd better bring two of them ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

2083512871_DonCeSar.jpg.08f626b75c8aa49fee03fe4c17186840.jpg

13 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

very nicely done!.........in my searching the other day,  I almost bought one.   I had to slap myself though.......brought me out of that glazed look I get,  when I have images of a superbly done model stuck in my head.  I'd be hard pressed to achieve the level you've done here.    I think your going to have a tough time deciding which model to bring to that model show you were talking about....you'd better bring two of them ;) 

🙂

Thanks Denis.

I can bring and enter up to 10 models, with lots of different categories/sub categories available. I have attended this particular event for decades since it's so close to home. They used to hold the event at a hotel/resort on the gulf and we would always make a weekend stay of it. Wife and kids loved it back in the day. The vendor area alone is worth a visit - there are always bargains to be found.   

Edited by CDW

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2019 at 9:49 AM, thibaultron said:

How about a Catalina, in the markings of the one that spotted the Bismarck, and thus allowed the Swordfish to attack her?

ooh, ooh...here's one, not sure about the markings though

1962-catalina.jpg.fb8d742b70d431c296bfea273590aa22.jpg

9 minutes ago, CDW said:

Love those old Pontiacs.

You and me both brother...was always a Pontiac guy...first car was a 62 Tempest...didn't appreciate how cool it was till much later, followed that one up with a 64 and finally my 65 gto...the Admiral's Gram let her use her 68 Tempest and 71 Gran Prix...