Finished - Petlyakov PE-2 Soviet Dive Bomber by CDW - Zvezda - 1:48 Scale

CDW

it's been so long.........hard to recall if they did name as well as number the parts.  I know that the Revell ships did.   gotta be the worst thing about planes........all that good stuff being closed up and hard to see,  if seen at all.

being late to some of the scuttle butt.....did you look into seeing if you could get another set of clear parts from the manufacturer?   Revell USA used to do it before they were bought up........I do believe Revell Germany does it.  I'd check with Zvezda to see if it's possible

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

I did injection molding....automotive parts and seals.  the molds to make the parts are interesting.........heating......injection time......cooling,  are all critical.   when the mold opened,  I had less than a miniute to wax it up and close it,  or strange things would happen to the material,  as well as the next run of parts.   I could get into some of the scenarios,  but it's a long story........fog might be caused by heat and cooling ratios.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Quite a large plane - kind of mosi  size?

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

While visiting my family in central Florida today, my wife snapped these photos.

My 2nd great grandfather was the first to settle in Sumter County Florida when he and his brothers each bought 160 acres as part of the Armed Occupation Act in 1843. He was a cowboy and a farmer. This area remained largely agrarian until the past 25 years when a huge retirement infiltration occurred. Showing respect to the original settlers, these monuments were built.   

Crackers4.jpg.591a60e192c2d0551cfaa960ec6e4064.jpgCrackers1.jpg.47ab5e6575e4ce2f88ccc7bead2c7a9d.jpg

Great memories,  your looking good my friend.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

I lived near Deland,  so that would have put me in Orange county..........me 'n my best friend Mike......five really fun years :) 

plane's coming along nicely!  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

4 minutes ago, CDW said:

Managed to shoot some paint today. All colors are Mr. Color, just a plain old dark green, gray, and tan camo scheme according to the paint callout on the instructions. Bottom is light blue.

@Old Collingwood this is your "blue tack" color separation for a soft demarcation.

IMG_0552.JPG.5eb56e8fb3e11cc458705820812943d4.JPGIMG_0553.JPG.85f982ab34f10728a52f0f0d0bbfedc1.JPGIMG_0554.JPG.9940ec41355bcf7ac0f5bd21c2130fe9.JPGIMG_0555.JPG.5536f967155c6b285c483fe5d633c54b.JPG

That finish came out real fine,   I understand  some modelers  trap paper or tape and use blue tack for the edges, what I am thinking of doing with my mosi  is laying down a wrap around  grey  first  then masking  for the green colour  - guess thats the best way  lighter down first.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

camo looks real good.......never see out of the canopy though :D   { I know what you did......I'm just being funny}.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Just now, Old Collingwood said:

That finish came out real fine,   I understand  some modelers  trap paper or tape and use blue tack for the edges, what I am thinking of doing with my mosi  is laying down a wrap around  grey  first  then masking  for the green colour  - guess thats the best way  lighter down first.

OC.

I agree. When you paint a camo scheme, you always want to lay down your lightest color first. In this case, light blue went on first (on bottom) followed by tan, then green, last dark gray.

A very modest number of decals were included with the kit, but they were of very high quality, a pleasure to work with. Wish I knew the translation for what's written on the port side fuselage.

Remaining to be done to finish the model is bomb bay, tail wheel, main gear, and crew entry doors; ventral auto cannon; marker lights on the wings; props and spinners; some weathering and a flat clear coat.

DSCN3435.thumb.JPG.16b4111d9d742f107878f8133a8b2be3.JPGDSCN3436.thumb.JPG.f9f93ed9f140eb13e9b236516f79065c.JPGDSCN3437.thumb.JPG.00d201d8675cb0debe03c2989fe6caf5.JPGDSCN3438.thumb.JPG.046aae420dfb9324fbbf8ed4d7cc2a1c.JPGDSCN3439.thumb.JPG.ca693960ebc5e1a6daf9b1dc16633a03.JPG

Fantastic!!!...Moab

Completed Builds:

Virginia Armed Sloop...Model Shipways

Ranger...Corel

Louise Steam Launch...Constructo

Hansa Kogge...Dusek

Yankee Hero...BlueJacket

Spray...BlueJacket

26’ Long Boat...Model Shipways

Under Construction:

Emma C. Berry...Model Shipways

I wish we had someone who speaks/reads Russian following this.   I know there's some who have scratch builds going on... but...<shrugs>

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

1 hour ago, mtaylor said:

I wish we had someone who speaks/reads Russian following this. 

I am relatively certain That if you PMed Greenstone here on the forum that he would gladly translate it for you.

I wish I could make the kind of progress with your fineness that you do Craig. If I could then I might even be able to put a dent in some of the kits I have stashed. But so far my efforts seem to be more in the one step forward and three back. I think I will wear out the parts of two Huey interiors before I get even one right!:( In the mean time it is nice to be able to follow someone who knows how to do it properly and make it come out nicely.   

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

That looks super mate  - and  so complimented  by the bass.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

superb model Craig!   really sweet!  I'd be a happy camper to get results like that ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Added a wash

Added weathering

Added the last final detail parts

She's finished, the Soviet WW2 dive bomber produced in higher numbers than any other (Russian) bomber of the war.

For me, it was a very enjoyable build. For the small cost of the kit, it was a pleasant surprise in terms of detail, engineering, and lack of flash, sink marks, etc. A very nice kit that I highly recommend.

DSCN3445.jpg

DSCN3446.jpg

DSCN3447.jpg

DSCN3448.jpg

DSCN3449.jpg

DSCN3450.jpg

DSCN3451.jpg

DSCN3452.jpg

DSCN3453.jpg

DSCN3454.jpg

DSCN3455.jpg

Edited by CDW

Again a nicely built and finished model Craig. Did you ever get anyone to translate the advertising on the one side? Probably says "Eat at Joe's.":D

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Very nice build mate   so looks the part  so love the weathering.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Beautifully done and I like the base you put her on.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

A nice model, great work.

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

A very good looking model Craig, watching your do all your aircraft makes my fingers itch to do one 😆

You set the bar high though!!

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED