Battle of Waterloo Attack on La Haye Sainte Farm by Old Collingwood - 1/56 (28mm)

For anyone curious about  my  painting of the tiny buttons  - I have to hold the figure till the light catches the  shadow of the button then using my finest brush 00000 (5/0) then with the finest bit of paint on the tip  just touch the button more like a glancing blow,    that using my optovisors  - biggest problem is keeping my hand still enough.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Evening all, I managed a couple of hours on the build this evening, I couldn't do more as I am in the middle of a house paint and its taking up all my time and energy  "boy do my limbs ache after  so long of none use"       so  straight on with  painting the back packs, I had already painted the Great Coats  next was the Brown of the actual  packs - after drying these I worked on the  straps  then a bit of touch up, still a fair bit more to do.

OC.

IMG_1278.JPG

Current builds  

Completed works.

4 minutes ago, CDW said:

Excellent!

Thank you  kindly  Craig.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Evening all,   the Tirailleurs  are done  and I have built the Drummer.

OC.IMG_1280.thumb.JPG.52db55a64ab7fddea364c4c39e8ecb0f.JPG

IMG_1279.JPG

IMG_1281.JPG

IMG_1282.JPG

Current builds  

Completed works.

8 minutes ago, Canute said:

Cool, OC. The French Lights look good.

Thanks Ken.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

I'm still about folks  - just been side tracked  by painting the  house  wood bits  - taking forever  and talk about  back ache.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Sorry to hear about the back ache, OC.   Seems that the back does us all in at some point.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

4 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Sorry to hear about the back ache, OC.   Seems that the back does us all in at some point.

Indeed Mark, trouble is I am waking up parts of me I have not used for ages  - kind of got out of condition and lazy lol,    I  have Six doors to paint both sides  Seven Door Frames  the whole lengths  of skirting including down the staircase  - but trying to do it  clean without splashes  so I am using my trusty small brush  - Hard wearing  emulsion  on the doors  and  satinwood on the frames and skirting.

Down stairs is done.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

That sounds like a job and a half, OC.   I understand about our bodies yelling at us...    Mine's been screaming a lot lately.

How small is the brush?  Not one you use for your figures I hope. :)   Many decades ago I did housepainting but decided it wasn't the career path I wanted.   Anyway, the head guy showed me how to use a 4" and 6" wide brush on trip without taping and without splattering paint all over.   It's helped me over the years whenever I had to paint a house.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

10 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

That sounds like a job and a half, OC.   I understand about our bodies yelling at us...    Mine's been screaming a lot lately.

How small is the brush?  Not one you use for your figures I hope. :)   Many decades ago I did housepainting but decided it wasn't the career path I wanted.   Anyway, the head guy showed me how to use a 4" and 6" wide brush on trip without taping and without splattering paint all over.   It's helped me over the years whenever I had to paint a house.

Yep its a 2.5 Inch brush  - its my fave decorating brush   - I used to decorate for a living when I was younger  hotels mainly, I had more equipment back then but to be honest I  just want to make this job a low fuss  attempt,   its going OK  taking it a stage at a time  and so far no mess at all even with no  sheets down or newspaper  cutting in where the skirting meets our carpets  is ok  all down to a good brush I learned  over the years.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Respect to you, OC.  You are good.   :imNotWorthy:    I've always had to put something on the floors "just in case".

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

16 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Respect to you, OC.  You are good.   :imNotWorthy:    I've always had to put something on the floors "just in case".

Secret cheat  - I also use  water based paints so any small spills can be wiped up using a soapy sponge or wrag 😉

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

My wife loves to paint the house, inside and out. She re-paints the inside every few years and goes through it like lightning. Me, I would have paint all over everything if I didn't have covers on the floors and furniture. Even then, I always seem to manage to get paint somewhere unintended. Sometime before this coming Fall, I have to strip all the furniture out of our bedroom, put down new flooring and repaint everything. Not looking forward to that.

21 minutes ago, CDW said:

My wife loves to paint the house, inside and out. She re-paints the inside every few years and goes through it like lightning. Me, I would have paint all over everything if I didn't have covers on the floors and furniture. Even then, I always seem to manage to get paint somewhere unintended. Sometime before this coming Fall, I have to strip all the furniture out of our bedroom, put down new flooring and repaint everything. Not looking forward to that.

That supprises me Craig  with the attention to detail on  your models  - quite shocked to be honest.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

the wife does a lot of the decorating, wallpaper doors and frames i do the big jobs, she also cleans up behind me

we are going to do the kitchen this month i think, keep the cabinets, new lighting, floor covering and paint the walls/ceiling

this summer is going to be the conversion of 1/2 of the garage into a model display room to get all the builds out of the house, as part of that plan the garage roof has just been replaced from cement/asbestos corrugated sheeting put down in the 60's to a nice resin roof

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

7 hours ago, Kevin said:

the wife does a lot of the decorating, wallpaper doors and frames i do the big jobs, she also cleans up behind me

we are going to do the kitchen this month i think, keep the cabinets, new lighting, floor covering and paint the walls/ceiling

this summer is going to be the conversion of 1/2 of the garage into a model display room to get all the builds out of the house, as part of that plan the garage roof has just been replaced from cement/asbestos corrugated sheeting put down in the 60's to a nice resin roof

Sounds like a lot of work my friend.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

1 hour ago, Old Collingwood said:

Sounds like a lot of work my friend.

OC.

im sure one day i will bring you and wifi over to see it, we can share a diet coke and a packet of cheese and onion crisps 

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Evening all  - so between painting wood bits around the house  (did down one side of the stairwell today)   I have managed to put some paint on my little drummer, normal precedure  - I started with the Black primer  this was  heated to speed up drying time, then I started with the face basic  light skin coat first (couple of coats)  then the hands  - this was followed by a wash then more light skin followed by more of a rosey pink for the cheeks and slightly darker for the mouth, then the Shako cover got a couple of coats of Matt Black  pom pom  Red,   and   hair painted Brown then the side Brass straps,    then it was time to do the White body straps.

OC.

IMG_1283.JPG

Current builds  

Completed works.

Oh  -  nearly foregot  I now have 43  figures  finished out of around 125-150.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Evening all, a bit  of progress this  evening  -  I painted his jacket in mid Green  then I started  to put some Yellow bars across his chest and stomach,    next will be some chevrons on his arms again in Yellow, this is the dress worn by the 55th Ligne  for the musician section.

OC.

IMG_1284.JPG

Current builds  

Completed works.

Evening all,   I  have done a bit more this evening  - Painted on the  Yellow chevrons on the arms  - bit fiddly  getting the spacing  and just putting on thin lines  - but I think it will do,  also  the Red was applied to the cuffs/collar  and  epaulettes,  then the buttons were added in Brass.

OC.

IMG_1285.JPG

Current builds  

Completed works.

Coming along nicely, OC.

How you holding up with the house painting?

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

3 minutes ago, Canute said:

Coming along nicely, OC.

How you holding up with the house painting?

Hi Ken, thank you kindly mate,   yep house painting is not going too bad  all downsatiars  woodwork done also  the stair ways skirting  landing  window  and  banister  rail painted  -  upstairs  frames  Three doors  skirting in the bedroom and  toilet skirting then its done.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Evening all,  drummer is finished including his drum  - just needs his backpack fixing and painting.

OC.

IMG_1286.JPG

IMG_1287.JPG

Current builds  

Completed works.

Evening all  -  my 55th Ligne 1st division  drummer  is finished, it was a pleasure to work on and stands out a bit  with  some different colour from the rest.

OC.IMG_1290.thumb.JPG.42fda60845baa0e249f051e762fd0de0.JPG

IMG_1288.JPG

IMG_1289.JPG

IMG_1291.JPG

Current builds  

Completed works.

He looks great, OC.  The uniform does jump out but he looks ready to drum the "attack".

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

6 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

He looks great, OC.  The uniform does jump out but he looks ready to drum the "attack".

Thanks mate,    next off I think will be a Flag carrier  as I  have both   (who said I am putting off  building  the farm  - well perhaps a bit  as it will be the focus point and I don't wan't to  make a pigs ear of it)

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

2 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

Thanks mate,    next off I think will be a Flag carrier  as I  have both   (who said I am putting off  building  the farm  - well perhaps a bit  as it will be the focus point and I don't wan't to  make a pigs ear of it)

OC.

I can understand putting it off a bit.  I would also think you'd want as many troops as possible to make sure it all fits and looks right.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds: